Diablo® III

~ CM/WW HC Wizard Guide ~

Did you start your guide with, "buy a plvl to 60 and then buy your first 10 mill of HC gold with money to get you started."? Haha, man, i crack myself up sometimes.

The only post 1.05 death ive had is the latest DH via dis. WD was Belial in 1.03. He's that boss your CM Wiz has never fought because you actually never progressed out of Act 1.

Yeah man. Only beat the game on a monk in july.... Im so bad that I dont bring my wizard to act 2 boss fights for no apparent reason. Let me fill you in on a secret... progression means nothing anymore. Mp0 is what hell was in june.. the fact that all you ever seem to have on me is some made up bs about me buying !@#$ and the fact that ur dh killed a boss i didnt bother to fight is sad. I get messages in game from people laughing at how hard you try to insult me. I dknt need to crack myself up, you make enough of an %^- out of yourself to make everyone laugh. Cya bub. Off to the train
Reply Quote
WD was Belial in 1.03, maybe 4, i guess. He's that boss your CM Wiz has never fought because you actually never progressed out of Act 1.

Why do so many people use Belial as a measure of toughness?.... I just don't understand this, maybe I just played way too much WoW which had bosses with similar mechanics back in Burning Crusade

Anyways back on topic. Looks like a really, really nice guide. I know next to nothing about Wizards (I am not looking forward for the two I have to level for my goal). Although I tend to build my own styles, I will probably reference this later for logic, thak you for the guide =)
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 11/16/2012 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was going to leave this thread alone until you bumped it yourself 4 times in a row. On some sites you get banned for that, donk!

Stop, you bought gold and you know it. Nothing is alleged. I make fun of you because you take shortcuts, buy gold, plvl, always play in groups like a sissy, never push yourself, skip content/bosses, and have crazy low elite kills compared to others in your hero score range. Then, you post 100x more than anyone else to where i want to scoop out my own eyeballs with a pen.

The newbies in this forum who you are trying to teach, are trying to get to 60 legitimately. This guide does nothing for them. Anyone who wants to make a CC wiz will already have lots of gold, a lvl 60 wiz, and know how the mechanics of this game work. Believe it or not, the normal players you are trying to pander to dont die and then have 2 level 60 FULLY GEARED characters with under 1k elite kills the very next day, somehow with only 20 mill, because their friends dont power leveled them in a marathon 8 hour session.

Those 'struggling players', as you put it, dont need this worthless guide. They need to know how to survive Hell Act 2 and how to live in Act 4 and beat the game without groups power leveling them past it all.

Youre just a typical abuser, dutch, thats why its fun to pick on you, because you refuse to see it? But anyways, thanks for the well wishes on my new char, im sure this one will be the best yet!
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Flip
They need to know how to survive Hell Act 2 and how to live in Act 4 and beat the game without groups power leveling them past it all

A few months ago I would agree with you, but now... even people coming over from SC to HC should know the basics now, and the basics are all you really need to survive to 60. After hitting 60 it is merely about ensuring about playing within your comfort zone and understanding build synergy... which the build synergy point is precisely what his guide touches on.

Who cares who power levels what, as you can plainly see Flip I do not power level at all. You need to clam down and relax about it, the guide is fairly well written and goes over the synergy of the build, which is what is important.
Reply Quote
In all honesty Lykotic, its funny to get him all worked up. I actually dont need calming, i'm totally relaxed. Dutch is just a weird dude. :P
Reply Quote
bookmarked - will be reading this more when I get home! very excited about this!

Wizard is the ONLY class to play in D3. I miss D2 sorc and skele necro :(
Reply Quote
^shield seems kinda dumb considering CM wiz kinda relies on APoC

good guide. i used a CM wiz in SC back in 1.0.3 for a while for the novelty.

i only need 15~
been playing cm wiz for awhile bro
shield is absolutely necessary if you're using cm to climb with.
Reply Quote
I also think a shield is necessary for this build, you are way to close to not have one. I do think 18 APoC is the bare minimum with around 40 crit and 1.8 attacks per second. The dutchman was right about chantodos will being a must, it has a base 1.6- 1.65 attack speed and stacks so well with other items having attack speed increase
Reply Quote
TDM ive been wnting a good guide for a while, and been trying to analyise your profile as a example, This is much appreciated!
Reply Quote
Aslo WTB this for WW Barb.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 06:29 PMPosted by TheDarkest
TDM ive been wnting a good guide for a while, and been trying to analyise your profile as a example, This is much appreciated!

Hey no problem :) Glad I could help.

bookmarked - will be reading this more when I get home! very excited about this!

Wizard is the ONLY class to play in D3. I miss D2 sorc and skele necro :(

Hope it does the trick for ya :)

11/16/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Lykotic
They need to know how to survive Hell Act 2 and how to live in Act 4 and beat the game without groups power leveling them past it all

A few months ago I would agree with you, but now... even people coming over from SC to HC should know the basics now, and the basics are all you really need to survive to 60. After hitting 60 it is merely about ensuring about playing within your comfort zone and understanding build synergy... which the build synergy point is precisely what his guide touches on.

Who cares who power levels what, as you can plainly see Flip I do not power level at all. You need to clam down and relax about it, the guide is fairly well written and goes over the synergy of the build, which is what is important.

+1 Thank you
Reply Quote
^shield seems kinda dumb considering CM wiz kinda relies on APoC

good guide. i used a CM wiz in SC back in 1.0.3 for a while for the novelty.

i only need 15~
been playing cm wiz for awhile bro
shield is absolutely necessary if you're using cm to climb with.

I'm sorry, at this point I'm at a "Agree to disagree" mark. I will not agree that shield is better for the build. I've been farming some pretty high level HC content on my wizard for about 50+ hours of inferno gameplay on this char and I don't think adding an extra 100-200k EHP (bringing me from 600k-800K) is worth giving up 8-10 arcane per half second.

It's just too key
Reply Quote
I don't use a shield and never have on my hardcore Wizard and I have no issues at all in Mp4/5 and I had 35k hp for the longest time.
I doubt there's really that big of a difference either way though, I feel like not playing like an idiot matters more in the end, just a shield give you more lee way if you make an error.

I'm sure it's both personal preference. I'll always stick with a source.

Decent guide though, I feel Cold blooded is a required passive however, you lose so much dps without it.
Edited by Valkoria#1925 on 11/16/2012 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
One day when I'm rich I'll level up yet another wizard and try this out.
Reply Quote
Would you not recommend Slorak's Madness at all over Chantodo?

Slorak's can give extra crit chance (up to 8%) along with 66-100% Crit damage. It does remove some AP on crit, but with higher crit chance AP can regain faster.

I can see people using Chantodo if they're using the set, but if they're not using the Source, would Slorak's Madness be a suitable substitute?

Also, the "This wand finds your death humorous."? I find it to be a fun HC item.

Edit: Unless the attack speed on Chantodo procs faster rates on Winds over Slorak.
Edited by MasterBaker#1567 on 11/17/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Would you not recommend Slorak's Madness at all over Chantodo?

Slorak's can give extra crit chance (up to 8%) along with 66-100% Crit damage. It does remove some AP on crit, but with higher crit chance AP can regain faster.

I can see people using Chantodo if they're using the set, but if they're not using the Source, would Slorak's Madness be a suitable substitute?

Also, the "This wand finds your death humorous."? I find it to be a fun HC item.

Edit: Unless the attack speed on Chantodo procs faster rates on Winds over Slorak.

Really depends on the item

Yes, a 1005 (max) dps Slorak's with 100% crit and a socket would likely be better than a Chantodo, but I have seen few if any even over 900 DPS with a socket :/

My chantodo is the best in HC, so it's hard to compare really, but I'd assume a 1000+ dps Chantodo with a socket is better for the build than a 850-950 Sloraks with a socket

Comparable DPS, but the Chantodo is going to have 1.61-1.65 ApS vs the Sloraks 1.55 ish, and on top of that gets 9-10 APoC.

I'd value 9 APoC higher than 5-8% Crit chance, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure someone could make it work with a nice Slorak
Reply Quote
Nice guide. Too bad it doesn't help poor folk like me :P
Reply Quote
I think Wizardspike is a good budget wep also for this build, good extra amount of AR and attack speed
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Optics801
I think Wizardspike is a good budget wep also for this build, good extra amount of AR and attack speed

I agree with this. If you're not stacking DPS right off the bat, you can get a 900+ DPS Wizspike dagger with 80 Res All and the ice ball for like 1-2M

Great budget wep

11/17/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Dmurda
Nice guide. Too bad it doesn't help poor folk like me :P

As I said in the start :P Even with 3-5M you can make this build work. Believe it or not, if you shop for the right gear, stuff becomes pretty cheap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]