Diablo® III

key of destruction no longer dropped

I was farming key of destruction at MP5 last few days, I was so surprised to found the key never dropped during my last about 10 time’s attempt. I was with level 5 buff before challenging the key keeper at Act 1 and there is no key of destruction within my account.

According to blue poster, the drop rate of keys at MP5 shall be 5% + 10%*5 =55%, so the probability of key not dropped after 10 times attempt = (100% - 55%)^10 = 0.00034 = 0.034%. I don’t think I am that lucky to meet such a small probability event, so there must be some kind of bug, pls kindly check!
Reply Quote
It is actually 50% and 10 fails in a row is very unlikely. Something like .098%. That means if there are 1000 people all doing the same runs as you 1 of them will get 10 fails in a row. Sorry but you are 1 of those people. Keep trying.
Reply Quote
I have tried another 10 times at mp5, and still failed to drop the key. I am telling u sth goes wrong here(coz the keys of A2 and A3 drops as usual) and trying to help blizzard to fix a hidden defect. So don’t use ur theory of possibility to brush me off again. We both know that fails in a row of 20 means 1/million.
Reply Quote
Well the only remaining option is that you don't have a 5 stack of Nephalem Valor. It is required for keys to be droppable.
Reply Quote
Having a similar issue here.
I did a nice bunch of runs only to come out almost empty handed save for a single key. This while runs are MP5 - MP8. And yes, I did have 5 valor. I have done this before. It is not something super complex.
I feel something is amidst.

If it is indeed all just luck then I should stop playing this game and play the lotto. With this luck, I could probably hit 4 out of 5 numbers and still get the powerball; not exactly the jackpot, but a few hundred K none the less.
Reply Quote
Dropped for me early this morning. Not only was I not farming it, but I didn't even know about the infernal machine until after I got home from work and googled the key of destruction. This has piqued my interest, so now I'm ready to look into the rest of the quest.
Reply Quote
I've been doing key runs both solo and with a friend on mp5 or higher, and I'm not getting any keys from the acts! I've at least done 15+ runs... (5 nv stacks)

and I've been doing the runs for a while now and made many rings, they just stopped dropping keys recently...

I can get drops from the ubers but not keys!

Help!

Honey B
Edited by Beyonce#2175 on 12/1/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Same here,

I got keys in act 2 and 3 with every try on MP7 but in act 1 the key won't drop after 5 attempts.
I tried together with some friends, than the key dropped immediately.

Also my characters are not shown properly in my battle.net-profile.

Hope you'll fix it!
Edited by CorLeahr#2895 on 1/22/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
i'm having same issue . for the last 3-4 days, i've been farming the act 2 key on mp7 with 5 stacks of valor and i've killed the mob about 10 times and the key hasn't dropped . i'm glad to see i'm not the only one having issues.
Reply Quote
Hi, I've got the same problem.

I've made at least 15-20 runs at MP5-MP7 having 5 buffs but in act 1 the key won't drop.

Hope this can be fixed!
Reply Quote
Same here, though on MP 3, but for the key of terror (Act 3), and I do have 5 stacks of nephalm bonus. I finally got one after 12 attempts though. The odds of not dropping after 11 attempts is 1-(.7)^11. It was most likely more that 12 since I have been only tracking it for this 12 runs, and this is NOT the first time it has happened to me, so it is unlikely that I am unlucky. This is not due to chance. Something is most likely wrong. This has been like this for me for about a week.
Reply Quote
I also get no keys I have done about 8 runs at MP5 and 20+ runs at MP3 the 5's were solo and the Mp3's were with friends and random acts.. 0 keys out of all those runs Yes i had 5 NV other ppl in the games got keys I never got a single one though in over 30+ runs total.
Reply Quote
For what little it may be worth, I wonder if these things tend to run in streaks? I have always had good luck with the act 1 key and seem to receive it 70% of the time at MP4 and around 80% at MP5. The drop rate for act 2 was about right at the posted odds for the MP. But the act 3 key seemed impossible to get. I went 0 for 10 at MP4, and 1 for 9 at MP5. But since then, in six subsequent act 3 runs I have received the key four out of my last six tries at MP5.
Reply Quote
I don't think it no longer drops, but I do think that the keys don't drop at the promised rate.
Reply Quote
same issues with act 1, never dropped.
Edited by ChowDown#1703 on 7/26/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did 3 runs at mp 10 and still no drop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]