Diablo® III

Living Lightning and Sleet Storm Build

So I've been playing around with this build and I think this is what I'll stick with for a while.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bZXYSf!bgW!cYaccZ

How I play it is as follows:

Throw out one or two Living Lightnings then hold down right click for Sleet Storm while holding down (I forgot actual name of the button thing) whatever button you have set to keep your character stationary. Then hit 1 and 2 for DS and FN when monsters get close. Left click for Living Lightning when needed to get Critical Mass to do its thing and get the cool downs on DS and FN to reset.

So far I totally dig it. Might not be the best build out there but its fun so far!

Any constructive criticism would be helpful!
Reply Quote
So I've been playing around with this build and I think this is what I'll stick with for a while.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bZXYSf!bgW!cYaccZ

How I play it is as follows:

Throw out one or two Living Lightnings then hold down right click for Sleet Storm while holding down (I forgot actual name of the button thing) whatever button you have set to keep your character stationary. Then hit 1 and 2 for DS and FN when monsters get close. Left click for Living Lightning when needed to get Critical Mass to do its thing and get the cool downs on DS and FN to reset.

So far I totally dig it. Might not be the best build out there but its fun so far!

Any constructive criticism would be helpful!

How well does this build do against annoying act 3 kiting mobs?
Reply Quote
That's a good question! I've no idea...lol I'll get to act 3 inferno later tonight but so far the only major problem with this build are ranged mobs...maybe if I had more movement speed I close the gap to FN them. Teleport with Wormhole is an option I suppose but idk which skill it would replace. :/
Reply Quote
So far in act 3 this build is still working quite well! Only on MP1 though...but still, great fun! I can channel Sleet Storm permanently just about!
Reply Quote
Still having a problem with ranged mobs however...
Reply Quote
They both doing about 30% of your base damage....you'll be sitting there for a long time trying to kill a pack bro
Reply Quote
Idk about that...Sure Living Lightning doesn't dish out a lot of damage at 37% but its mainly just for the high amount of crits I can get from it.

And Sleet Storm says 280% weapon damage but is it not a pure 280%? Also with Cold Blooded and Ice Armor chilling or freezing mobs there's another 20% increase in damage for 300% right? And if I get a few of them with Frost Nova there's another 15% more damage for 315%. Again I'm not sure if it works like this, but this build is by far the best thing I've tried. CM/WW was okay, and I don't think I have good enough stats for a good Archon build. With this I can constantly cast Sleet Storm, Diamond Skin, and Frost Nova given that I remember to throw out Living Lightning.

I'm not entirely sure if the numbers are correct and build off each other as I think they do, but I have no problems killing packs in MP1. Arcane, plagued, and reflect are bothersome, but with more LoH and better resists I imagine I could handle them better.
Reply Quote
And Sleet Storm says 280% weapon damage but is it not a pure 280%? Also with Cold Blooded and Ice Armor chilling or freezing mobs there's another 20% increase in damage for 300% right? And if I get a few of them with Frost Nova there's another 15% more damage for 315%.

i'm thinking it's like this:

280% * 1.2 * 1.15 = ~386.4%
Reply Quote
Looks good to me! lol
Reply Quote
I have a similar build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#afXYZS!ZgX!YZacYb

It's quite a fun build to use
Also for ranged / teleporter elites, just freeze them with frost nova.

My gear has about 30% critical hit chance plus another 7% with ray of frost. This helps with resetting the cooldowns and the magic weapon helps to restore arcane power. If you have a high enough crit chance, you can swap out evocation for blur to help with survivability cause you are going to get hit.

Check the AH for a good helm with a high critical hit chance on ray of frost - you should be able to pick one up that also increases critical hit chance. (I have a few in my stash so drop me a request and I'll share - also it would be cool to play with more mellee wizards)

Also try putting ray of frost onto one of the keyboard keys - it saves your fingers from constantly holding the mouse button down (it's more comfortable for me)
Edited by MaskedFoot#2679 on 11/19/2012 3:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]