Diablo® III

Been gone forever, fill me in!

I quit around the time where it cost a huge amount of gold to repair items, the nat set was the best set for DH, and the best way to farm was act 1 with 5 nv and repeat. What has changed since that? What should I be looking for in upgrades in items, I have about 10M to spend. I know my equips right now are terri-bad, so all help will be useful! Help me get back into Diablo!
Reply Quote
Repairs are less expensive.

The legendaries got an overhaul. The old nat's set doesn't drop any more, though people do still sell the old pieces. The new Nat's set has better stats but gives 20 max disc for 4pc instead of the huge disc regen of the old set. It's nice, but optional to complete the new 4pc. Many players skip the helm in favor of something else.

There's a new monster power system, but you won't be too worried about that just yet. Still, go read the developer blog about it for info. Act 3 on Monster Power 0 or maybe Monster Power 1 after some upgrades will probably be your most efficient place to farm and gain experience right now. Oh, and yes, you can gain experience now. Paragon Levels, you get stat gains and natural magic find and gold find increases for gaining them.

Read the latest patch notes to find out about changes to our skills and monster stats. In particular, base inferno monster damage was further reduced, and we were given a passive which increases our EHP stats by 10% each and the boar pet now provides a % boost to our resistances.

---------

Upgrade your weapon and your quiver as a priority. Your weapon should have 1000+ dps, a socket, dex, and some crit damage. You can meet those requirements under 500k, but you may choose to splurge a little more on your weapon to get something better.

And get a helm with a socket ;)

For many of your gear slots, you should be able to find something better than what you have now for under 500k each. Item budget was increased for quite a few attributes on our gear, crit chance can roll higher on several pieces than it could before, for example. Gloves in particular, there's a gigantic price gap between pieces with mainstat + trifecta damage stats and lesser pieces. After being out so long, you'll be amazed at what kind of gloves go for under 100k ;)
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/15/2012 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks, so is Act 3 & 4 still super hard or? What about the drop rate? I heard legendary drops got increased? Is the drop rate for good items still really really really low? Is there any other important information I need to know? What about magic find, how does that work (people were unsure how it worked before whether it increased the drops you got, or how good they were). What about other stats like res all, are they still important? Are the important stats still crit damage, dex, vit, crit chance? Anything else I should know? Sorry if this is a lot, but I want to get back into the game, but I'm not really sure what to do right now (ie; where to farm, what kind of equip upgrades to get etc)
Reply Quote
everything is super easy now, no INVULNERABLE MINIONS affix and crazy stuff like that.

MF is less valued nowadays tho still useful to have.

Brimstones are almost worthless if you haven't checked AH, thats how crazy leg drops are.

As for dh items, some things that are popular and you really need to check out are:

Andariels Visage
Mempo Of Twilight
Manticore
Windforce
Calamity
Danetta's Combo
Inna's Belt/Pants/Chest
Natalya's Set except weapon
Firewalkers
Iceclimbers
Witchinghour
Lacuni Prowlers
Stone of Jordan

Start from there and use a dps calc.

Welcome back!
Reply Quote
Do all of my equips have to be replaced or what? Are any of them useable or no? Bumping up so people can answer more q's :

Thanks, so is Act 3 & 4 still super hard or? What about the drop rate? I heard legendary drops got increased? Is the drop rate for good items still really really really low? Is there any other important information I need to know? What about magic find, how does that work (people were unsure how it worked before whether it increased the drops you got, or how good they were). What about other stats like res all, are they still important? Are the important stats still crit damage, dex, vit, crit chance? Anything else I should know? Sorry if this is a lot, but I want to get back into the game, but I'm not really sure what to do right now (ie; where to farm, what kind of equip upgrades to get etc)
Reply Quote
Bump~~
Reply Quote
For offense, you want some of each of: Critc, Critd, Dex, IAS
For defense a decent baseline goal is 30k health (so vit/life%), 3000 armor, 300 All Resist. I'm most comfortable with at least 40 max disc, but there are certainly DHs who run 30 and do okay.

Legendary drop rates were increased hugely, as Rev mentions, but you may not notice much at first if you're starting from next to no MF and 0 paragon.

Your pieces were found/bought before the boosts to item budget. They're pretty bad, unfortunately. But, on the bright side, they'll be easy for you to upgrade =)
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/15/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks! I was wondering what the go to build is for demon hunters now? Keep the help coming, anyone mind linking me to a forum/article on where I can learn about "Monster Power', and "Paragorn"
Reply Quote
Paragon:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517

Monster Power:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457

Mobs do a bit less damage than listed in the Inferno chart, as they were further nerfed after this was published.

And 1.0.5 patch notes:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695

As far as builds, we're a lot less cookie cutter than we used to be. Many of us use different builds for different purposes (for instance, low MP experience runs vs high MP runs), and in some cases there are multiple viable builds for those purposes - though which build is most efficient for you can depend to some extent on your gear.

What are you looking for in your build? A more defense-heavy build, a mobility build, a CC build? We might be able to point you in a general direction. There are a lot of build threads for all kinds of purposes ^.^
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/15/2012 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Probably a build that can deal the most damage, and let me get the fastest clear time
Reply Quote
Fast damage and clearing builds tend to be done on the lower mp level 0-2 depending on dps.

The skills are generally.
Shadow power - gloom
Preparation - backup
Companion - Bat
Multishot - fire at will or Elemental arrow - Ball lightning
Hungering arrow - spray of teeth or devouring or Bola - Imminent doom

Good luck and feel free to add me for some free upgrades if you want.
Reply Quote
Yeah, the above skills should work pretty well for you.

For passives, consider Archery and Perfectionist. Choose your 3rd slot based on your last active skill, TA if you choose Vault, maybe Vengeance if you choose Spike Traps or Sentry.

Should be a good start, then as you set gearing goals and gear up and get settled back in, you can branch out and start researching builds again =)
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/16/2012 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
What about unids, is it better to id them or to sell them unid'd? @ Brian I added you. Thank you! Tiakatt thanks for all the help man!!! Hopefully my experience will be better than before (hour after hour without drop)
Edited by BlindShots#1578 on 11/16/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]