Diablo® III

Theorycrafting: Infinite cluster arrow build

So, being bored at work today I started to think of ways to make a DH that could spam CA indefinitely - or at the very least for a prolonged period of time - and I believe that I may have come up with a method.

Step one is to reduce the hatred cost as much as possible. Taking Grenadier instantly takes us to 40 hatred costs, which is a good start.

Quivers can come with -5 cost, bringing you down to 35.

As it so happens, there are 3 pieces of legendary jewelry that can do the same. Those would be SOJ, Skull Grasp and Maras, each one having a chance of rolling -5 CA cost. Should you be lucky enough to find one on the AH, you're down to 20 Hatred cost.

Sounds good right? Well we're not done yet.

Step two is to regenerate your hatred as much as possible.

Cloaks and quivers can both provide an additional 1.3 per second.
Bat gives another 3/sec
Shadowpower with Nightbane adds another 3/sec
Grenades with Tinkerer adds 8 hatred per cast

Vengeance, when combined with some pickupradius, is exactly what you need to keep on going.

Arguments can be brought to forgo -5 CA cost on SOJ/Skullgrasp to use full retro nats set for 2 dicipline/sec, to skip Preparation, and use Tinkerer as a secondary generator, and having perpetual Nightbane on.

In either case, that brings you to around 15 hatred/sec, with 20-25 hatred cost CA - with Vengeance, as well as Tinkerer should you somehow get low on hatred.

That should be enough to spam Cluster Arrow to your hearts contend..

Well?
Edited by Cavemandiary#2580 on 11/16/2012 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
try it and let us know :)

the problem I see is that you're sacrificing alot of dps for the cluster pieces. your dps will look to be around 100-150k. what MP level are you planning on using this build with?

lower MP, multishot is better. at higher MP, globes arent dropping fast enough for vengeance to be worth it, and you're pretty much gimping yourself just to be able to spam more clusters. in the end, it'll be better to have 200k+ dps w spike traps which are cheaper to cast

just imho. don't get me wrong, I've always loved clusters to death, used bombs for a few hundred hours before changing to spike trap

o/
Reply Quote
I've been running variations of this build for a long time now. Depending on the gear mix I can fire a cluster arrow once every .7 - 1.0 sec, indefinitely.

Only CA reducing items I use are DML and SOJ. Adding anything else will cut DPS down too much so it wont even be worth it.
Reply Quote
pre JS Nerf.. I was able to pull this one.. I'll try it again this patch.. will post after I get my data ;)

Generally.. it involves using Gas Grenades, Custom, Marked : ME and 3 Chain of Torments.. Shuriken also.
Reply Quote
try it and let us know :)

the problem I see is that you're sacrificing alot of dps for the cluster pieces. your dps will look to be around 100-150k. what MP level are you planning on using this build with?

lower MP, multishot is better. at higher MP, globes arent dropping fast enough for vengeance to be worth it, and you're pretty much gimping yourself just to be able to spam more clusters. in the end, it'll be better to have 200k+ dps w spike traps which are cheaper to cast

just imho. don't get me wrong, I've always loved clusters to death, used bombs for a few hundred hours before changing to spike trap

o/

With this build you generate a ton of hatred where you can still use echoing blast and still spam clusters. This is a very high dps build. Only downside is that you need a CM wiz to freeze everything so all the bomblets from cb hit the target.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 11/16/2012 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Cool.. if I can also get a CM Wiz to perma freeze stuff while getting hit by 3x 125% Weapon Damage.. it'll surely deal so much >_< Not to mention it'll trigger Mark.. Giving more Hatred..

In which you'll just use to spam MORE things. LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]