Diablo® III

High dps WF without Emerald?

Hey guys, so i was thinking which should i get? A 1.3k dps WF(+79 dex) without a socket or a WF with 1.199 dps without dex and has a socket? Im building crit chance btw. And iAS. Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
socket or 95-100CD required. Or else don't even bother.
Reply Quote
Thanks. Gonna need more people to hop in and give their opinion :)
Reply Quote
use a damage calculator to compare the items. typically a socket with 100% crit damage is more damage. the higher level you are, the better the crit damage becomes whereas base damage on the 13xx bow has no exponential growth.
Reply Quote
Alright. Did that. I got 97k dps with the 1.3k WF, and 102 on the socketed one. Thanks guys! Should pump up more if i buy CC items.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:00 AMPosted by speedforce

True.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 11/16/2012 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I also have 1270 WF with 99CD(no socket). I do switch time to time with my 2socket manti because WF is just a little more fun.(knock back and hatred regenerate, life steal, etc)
GL
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:00 AMPosted by speedforce

QFT - also, for some reason baked in CHD WFs tend to go for lower prices, though there are a lot less on the AH at any given time.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Lawman
also, for some reason baked in CHD WFs tend to go for lower prices

most people just search for socket, at 95% cd the 5% ith >40CC make quite a diff in dps.
Reply Quote
I sniped a 1370 WF with 50% KB with no socket but baked-in 87% CD. The calculator ranked this bow higher than other WF with socket or higher CD, but cost half as much gold. So my advice is to refer to a dps calculator and not get fixated on a socket or 95+ CD threshold. There are some bargain WF out there if you don't box yourself in to an artificially small supply.
Reply Quote
Keep in mind that 100% CD emeralds are fetching almost 20M now.

When I was searching the CD Windforces with 90%+ CD were priced higher than the ones with socket. I already had an emerald, so....

But I would recommend searching for both (80% CD+ or socket) and just finding the best deal.

Also, I found that I did notice the difference between 45%+ KB and ~35% KB. I'd shoot for 40%+ KB if I were you because the quite honestly you are gimping your DPS in going with Windforce and the biggest reason is for the knockback, although the lifesteal and hatred regen are very good as well.

Just for reference, I am using a 140M Windforce. I bought a 20M Manticore just to play around with, it was 18K more DPS. I still prefered the Windforce, but it seriously makes me want to snag a 100M Manticore too because I'd probably gain 30-50k more DPS and the knockback isn't that useful in groups.
Reply Quote
After finding a non socketed one right after the buff to legendaries and playing with it, it was much more effective than the crossbow I had in terms of how easily I could kill despite losing 15k listed dps( listed dps is not everything). Everyone kept telling me then that windforce is trash use crossbows I am so glad I didn't listen.

The main draw back is lower crit dmg and hits so some type of crit dmg is a must whether a gem or already on it.of course Windforce big advantage is speed and knock back so stacking it with as much IAS as I could made it insanely fast and effective and also a lot of fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]