I was told to post here after submitting a support ticket even though i found the problem already posted here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6489940747.
After posting a MAX bid of 199,999,999 on my weapon, which had no buyout price, i was pleased to see that i was winning the bid after only ~149,000,000, which means i placed an over bid of about ~50,000,000. As any excited diablo player, i watched my bid carefully, quickly refreshing the auction tabs to ensure i will be victorious in the final minutes. I easily observed that the auction never went up, nor was i ever out bid, i won the item at that same ~149,000,000. eager to equip my weapon and see the substantial DPS boost, i quickly realized that the item was in my completed AH section but NOT the extra ~50,000,000 gold that i over bid for the item. Now, in past auctions i have been refunded the difference between my max bid winning bid, but not here, and this is a serious issue. for some people, 50,000,000 may not seem like a lot, but this for me is a crap ton of gold that took days to farm. sad thing is, unless you are watching your bids very carefully, one may never notice.