Diablo® III

Finally rolled cc on hellfire!

having rolled 8 rings, i finallly rolled my 1st cc hell fire!!

and i started to use scoundrel with atk speed mf gears and a wind force. the additional 3% cc is so nice, and the 40% knockback actually works great. it's just a minor knockback, and since mobs kept on running toward you, they pretty much just stay in place, great vs fast affix. don't understand why that freeze crossbow cost much more than windforce...

my profile hasn't updated yet, but dps just went up another 10k with 3% cc! LOL
Reply Quote
View profile
Congrats. I've rolled 4 different 4cc hellfire rings... still waiting for one to roll 5.5-6% cc with ias or cd. Mine now has 4% cc and 7 ias. Think it is better suited for my CM wiz, but I'll wear it on my WD until I get a better one.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 07:52 AMPosted by ofgortens
Congrats. I've rolled 4 different 4cc hellfire rings... still waiting for one to roll 5.5-6% cc with ias or cd. Mine now has 4% cc and 7 ias. Think it is better suited for my CM wiz, but I'll wear it on my WD until I get a better one.

thanks! i hope to roll one with both cc and cd nxt.
Reply Quote
18 rings here and only one with CC, and it was only 3 :-(
Reply Quote
Made 1 ring: got 6% CC, and 43% CD, LOH and MF... You can hate me now :)

Sorry, I don't often get to brag :)
Reply Quote
Made 1 ring: got 6% CC, and 43% CD, LOH and MF... You can hate me now :)

Sorry, I don't often get to brag :)

Die.
Reply Quote
Grats. I got pretty lucky myself. I'm at work so no SS.

Yesterday I crafted my 2nd Hellfire Ring and here are the stats:

Hellfire Ring:

50-96 DMG
180~ Intel
73 AR
4.5 CC

Not showing on my profile either :[
Reply Quote
View profile
50-96 dmg?!?! what the... 75 avg dmg on a ring? Didn't even think that was possible.
Reply Quote
yeah, double roll. I'll try to post it once my profile gets updated.
Reply Quote
Still waiting for my CC ring. I have Crit dmg on 2 of them though (out of 10 or so).

The windforce is actually kind of annoying. It can knockback mobs outside of your range of attack which happens fairly often. Same concept with using Echoing Fury and its fear effect-mobs gear feared outside of your area of attack, regardless if you're using AC, Bears, RoT, etc. The freeze xbow simply freezes them where they are which is better for ground 0.
Reply Quote
Grats. I got pretty lucky myself. I'm at work so no SS.

Yesterday I crafted my 2nd Hellfire Ring and here are the stats:

Hellfire Ring:

50-96 DMG
180~ Intel
73 AR
4.5 CC

Not showing on my profile either :[

holy crap! ar cc and high avg dmg, such a beast.
Reply Quote
Still waiting for my CC ring. I have Crit dmg on 2 of them though (out of 10 or so). The windforce is actually kind of annoying. It can knockback mobs outside of your range of attack which happens fairly often. Same concept with using Echoing Fury and its fear effect-mobs gear feared outside of your area of attack, regardless if you're using AC, Bears, RoT, etc. The freeze xbow simply freezes them where they are which is better for ground 0.

lol, it will come.

i thought knockback would be annoy as well. but rly it's not, it's just a small knockback, they rly still stay in range plus mobs will keep chargin at you. the freeze bow max at 15% compare to 40% windforce though.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Nerzaa
the freeze bow max at 15% compare to 40% windforce though.

windforce max knockback is 50%. I use it on my follower and like it. I usually run around farm runs with my templar since his max magic find is higher than the other followers. I use him when I go MP10 though to help with cc a bit.
Reply Quote
Buriza xbow can have a max freeze chance of 15%. But that thing is too expensive for my blood :l
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Recount
Buriza xbow can have a max freeze chance of 15%. But that thing is too expensive for my blood :l

Yeah I just can't justify spending a high amount of gold on my follower... he dies too easily anyways and is laying on the floor for most battles... that pansy.

I have, however, been looking for a windforce that has 45-50 knockback with a random roll of another % cc like immobilize, blind, freeze, etc. An extra 2-3% of freezing an enemy is pretty good on a follower.
Reply Quote
Finally updated: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Recount-1901/hero/8763355
Reply Quote
^So it's +33-97 dmg and not +50-96.. still a great roll though.
Reply Quote
Yeah I thought the min was higher :l sorry.
Reply Quote
I rolled a 191 5c.c. ring but my 35min/25max 262 int+OS ring is still more dps plus it has vit.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 11/16/2012 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Jimbob
I rolled a 191 5c.c. ring but my 35min/25max 262 int+OS ring is still more dps plus it has vit.
Paper DPS aside, a high INT roll is better than a CC roll because WDs have no skill at all that benefits from CC but do have a popular skill (GF) that scales with INT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]