Diablo® III

A true effective DPS test (WoS vs VQ bears)

Hi!

I'd be happy to see the results about 0 CD ZD build.
There's this video about MP10 azmodan, but I guess you could say it's broken since he's not doing it solo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_f9niQyhk
Reply Quote
One thing that I want to test is with pierce the veil and Spirit is willing in MP10.
Reply Quote
Mmmmm, have you found any other WD combo that can do as well as Bear?

What is the 2nd place?

Since these tests are trying to simulate how well a farming build perform, so I think we can rule out 0CD pile on.

Sacrifice + Zombie handler+zombie dogs should be on par(if not more) from a DPS point of view.
It has higher multiplier, but the paper DPS number will be limited by the mojo (low base damage) So a comparative study is hard. Also the price is prohibitively high for me to get the set just to test.

I have a "cheap" sacrifice set. Add me and we can discuss in game about working out something for you to borrow it to do testing.
Reply Quote
Did a MP9 run with Spirit is Willing and PtV. My paper dps is 101204 and the battle took about 4:04.
Reply Quote
View profile
405k eDPS

216% multiplier.

(slightly higher eDPS, much lower multiplier)
Edited by DanSkyWalker#1988 on 11/21/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
405k eDPS

216% multiplier.

(slightly higher eDPS, much lower multiplier)

Yeah... MP9 has a lot of cloud due to longer battle and it's hard to aim WoS all on Ghom to finish him off and his slimes distract the souls too.

I was hoping SiW and PtV makes a bigger difference. It is much easier to aim for sure since it goes through anything even behind a pillar.
Reply Quote
Just resurrecting this. I was checking my kill time on MP10. I have to admit, compared to elites in MP10 (or even MP8 in many cases), MP10 Ghom is easier.

I did a bad job timing myself, so I'll get back later with my time(s).

Profile:
http://d3up.com/b/70667
Edited by MCP#1477 on 12/29/2012 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
It took me just under 5 minutes.
WoS, Acid Rain, life link dogs, BBV damage rune, BR, RoE, and fierce loyalty (dogs live a long time)

The only reason I can kill it is I can stand in the poison cloud, and even a second and sometimes third poison cloud, and not worry about life. This was important when he was shaking every couple of seconds near the end. Same with my dogs.

eDPS:
138.5 million over 5 minutes:
138.5*1000000 / (60*5) = 461666

revised sheet DPS= sheet DPS*(1+increase SB damage%)(1+increase damage against elites%)
98,057.95 *(1+.14)*(1+0.05) = 117375 revised sheet DPS
Note: I also have +0% damage to demons. I am not sure if Ghom is a demon or not.

effective damage multiplier=eDPS/revised sheet DPS
461666 / 117375 = 3.93 effective damage multiplier

For 4 mins and 45 seconds:
138.5*1000000 / (60*4+45) = 485964.91 eDPS

485964.91 / 117375 = 4.14 effective damage multiplier.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 12/30/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I see a problem using ghom to test wos vs zb

The target size. One bear cast might hit 6 times on ghom because he is so big. How much damage would bears do on a smaller target?
Reply Quote
I see a problem using ghom to test wos vs zb

The target size. One bear cast might hit 6 times on ghom because he is so big. How much damage would bears do on a smaller target?

i also wanted to bring that up, we are talking about a farming comparison, which means, mob size is small-medium... very rarely large.

SO this into account we are talking 1-2 bears per cast per target on. This drastically changes the results. While testing would by annoying, i think what should be done for realistic testing is such.

Remove pets, Fight zulle, and kill his 2 pets before going at him, at this point you need Fraps+ a stop watch, every time zulle moves stop the stop watch(when re watching ofc) and start it back up when you are able to bear him. While this will remove my point in Saygas post about 0% weapon damage every time you have to move, it will give us a better idea on the true testing of dps vs small-medium size targets, which is what most farming consist of. Than a second pair of results should be posted showing over all dps(moving time included).

This will remove the factor of side adds, and also include the factor of mob kiting/small- medium mobs for bears. which would give a more true set of numbers/comparison.
Reply Quote
anyone up to doing testing of the sort?
Reply Quote
I tried wos vs mp10 azmodan and.. it is pretty terrible compared to bears.
My gear, I replaced bears soj with perf sb soj, and mojo, one with sb damage and about same dps as my bear mojo.
Then I could run all dps passives, provoke the pack, slam dance, paranoia and ptv.
In comparison to bears where I used only ptv (sacrifice with mana per dog and rain dance voodoo), spirit barrage was still way worse ;/ (despite having 50% more enhanced damage from skills, and another damage from soj and mojo, not running out of mana).
Reply Quote
I tried wos vs mp10 azmodan and.. it is pretty terrible compared to bears.
My gear, I replaced bears soj with perf sb soj, and mojo, one with sb damage and about same dps as my bear mojo.
Then I could run all dps passives, provoke the pack, slam dance, paranoia and ptv.
In comparison to bears where I used only ptv (sacrifice with mana per dog and rain dance voodoo), spirit barrage was still way worse ;/ (despite having 50% more enhanced damage from skills, and another damage from soj and mojo, not running out of mana).

azmodan is fat as hell. obviously if all bears hit him once bears will murder SB.

testing should be on ZK, magda, leoric, rakanoth (siegebreaker is debatable). thats 4/6 ubers who arent bloated pieces of crap who stand in one place.
Reply Quote
I kill mp10 ghom in 4min 5 sec. but my paper DPS is very hard to figure. Paper is 147k but then there is +34% elite and +15% cc for my acid rain...
Reply Quote
Not sure if I did this correct but ghom mp10 took me 2:31 with WoS. I do have 20% bonus to SB and 33% bonus to elites. Paper dps is 128328.82, gonna try with bears now.

Ok so 3:06 with bears at mp10. Oh not sure if this matters but my build stays exactly the same for ubers except for soul harvest gets replaced with mass confusion and grave injustice with spirt vessel.
Edited by Azagar#1318 on 12/31/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure if I did this correct but ghom mp10 took me 2:31 with WoS. I do have 20% bonus to SB and 33% bonus to elites. Paper dps is 128328.82, gonna try with bears now.

Ok so 3:06 with bears at mp10. Oh not sure if this matters but my build stays exactly the same for ubers except for soul harvest gets replaced with mass confusion and grave injustice with spirt vessel.

I have been so busy at work that I haven't really checked the forum much. I am usually very into WoS discussion as I've been a hardcore WoS fan since early 1.04.

Anyway, I like your Gear! It's very nice that you can kill mp10 Ghom under 3mins. You must line up the souls pretty well because the longer the battle lasts, the harder it is for 4 souls to hit Ghom as he summons Slimes.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:59 PMPosted by grepman
testing should be on ZK, magda, leoric, rakanoth (siegebreaker is debatable). thats 4/6 ubers who arent bloated pieces of crap who stand in one place.

Agree, but i still think it should be zulle simply bc he is the only target of the listed that will TRULY force movement and thus truly overall test bears OVERALL efficiency
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]