Diablo® III

just discovered my best friend is a bot.

so iv been running with this guy for like 3 months now, when i first met him he showed his commitment to our friendship by dropping heaps of good loots near his stash after every run, super guy even though alot of it was pretty lame.. crude spatula of power for example. He continually showed me his dedication to our friendship by never being more than a meter or so away from me in our runs, always got my back like a true warrior.

Sometimes he got stuck places like in between a wall and a chest or next to a tree, but like a real friend i stayed with him until he d/c'ed or managed to calm the panic and port home.

i started to notice something was wrong on a social front with "xxchowyoungepha441t" when conversation was usually heavily one sided, i mean he would always start our little yarns with a link to what i assumed was a website he recommended which normally happened to be a company involved in gold trading. Thats cool i thought the dude is looking out for me, hooking me up with sweet deals on gold.

We use to play this game where i stand at a waypoint and he runs around me in a circle, i called it circle game. It pretty much beat most of the content in diablo for entertainment value anyway.. guess you had to be there. Well yesterday i logged in to find xxchowyoungepha411t to not be online, which is odd for him seeing as though he is usually online literally 24-7 grinding craters and circling peeps in the barracks(he was a real character). i panicked and immediately sent a ticket to blizzard informing them of a missing persons case involving my beloved friend.

they went onto tell me that xxchowyoungepha411t was a program and not a real human and was exploiting the game and violating blizzards code of conduct so they had banned his account.. heartless bastard broke it to me like that, true story. now i have to make another friend to help me fill in the lonely boring days :(
Edited by Bandit#1731 on 11/16/2012 8:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
LOL'd
Very creative. 7/10 for the chuckle.
Reply Quote
if this is a true story, then damn. That is one good program.

---
Reply Quote
gg
Reply Quote
Hahaha nice.

11/16/2012 08:26 PMPosted by vexorian
Better than your necroing.

Is this your personality in every thread you participate in, or just the ones I've seen?
Reply Quote
View profile
Funniest post on Bnet.

9.5/10

I lol'd
Reply Quote
That was a good one. (%
Reply Quote
it's a better Love Story than Twilight.

7.5/10
Reply Quote
rofl....this was pure freaking gold....Good job OP....my commendations for creative storytelling.

11/16/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Bandit
(he was a real character)

Best part of the story.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 11/16/2012 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haahahaha i LOLD so hard. Those bastards broke it down to you cold. Bumpin til it overtakes all the hate thread. :)
Edited by Nicothology#1350 on 11/16/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow! I don't think I've LOL'd this much in a while. Classic!
Reply Quote
it's a better Love Story than Twilight.

7.5/10

8.5/10
Reply Quote
A compelling story. +10 Jay Wilsons to you, OP.

I really felt like I was there with you, having adventures with xxchowyoungepha411t. I hate heart breaks like that.

Do you think that, at any point, it felt real feelings? I know everyone says they can't feel like us, but what does your heart tell you?
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 11/17/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Was it able to pass the Turing test? if so they may have deleted the first true AI.
Reply Quote
haha good read really funny!
Reply Quote
9/10
Reply Quote
Haha 9/10 great post.
Reply Quote
10/10 circling game ftwXD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]