Diablo® III

Act 3 Farming Path

... for item/paragon farming. I usually end up doing a full run (Stonefront WP - Azmodan), starting on Kill Siegebreaker quest. I'm starting to think that this isn't as efficient. Does anyone else have a particular path they follow for the most Elites/mobs in the shortest amount of time? I know what the Alkaizer path is, but I think that one is best for solely Paragon farming. I'm more concerned with finding some legendaries.
Reply Quote
I do the traditional alkaizer run and throw in stonefront at the end just for the key and since the elite packs in stonefront has also increased to 4-5 packs, it's decent for exp / items too. It has been very efficient for me, doing MP6 with that route, picking up all rare items, it's about 30 minutes per run for me, and net me average of 3-5 legendaries per run, and about 15-20 mil exp per run, so about 30-40 mil exp per hour.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 12:49 PMPosted by samuiotoko
net me average of 3-5 legendaries per run

Per run or per hour? I run MP5 and see probably 1-2 an hour. Same run 20-25min per run.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:07 PMPosted by AMazzing
net me average of 3-5 legendaries per run

Per run or per hour? I run MP5 and see probably 1-2 an hour. Same run 20-25min per run.

This is per run, and my run last about half hour, so it's 6 legendaries per hour at the low end, up to 10 in an hour if I am really lucky. For bad days, I will get your rate at 1-2 an hour, but things seem to picked up again for me, back on track of filling the whole inventory with legendaries in few hours of playtime. :)
Reply Quote
Nice man! Good work. I just did a MP6 run - 22min. 0 legendaries and no key. *sad trombone*
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:32 PMPosted by AMazzing
Nice man! Good work. I just did a MP6 run - 22min. 0 legendaries and no key. *sad trombone*

Things has been really bad for me ever since the last maintenance server restart too, but I did one thing different last night, and not sure if it changed it, but sure afterward things were back to normal. What I did is killing ubers in a group with a friend at a higher mp level than my runs (mp7); I only do act 3 farming nowdays, not have been doing ubers for a long time, but after the uber fights, my runs drop rate are one legendary every other few minutes, just like what it used to be.
Reply Quote
I don't see why that should matter. Probably just coincidence :) I'll see if that changes it all up when I run ubers next (I run them @ 7 as well). Just had another 0-0 run lol. I keep checking to make sure I'm in inferno and on MP6 haha.
Reply Quote
I feel bad for you, but hey, it still better than sitting at work being bored and keep refreshing forum... :p
Edited by samuiotoko#1231 on 11/16/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
That was me earlier! I feel ya!
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 12:49 PMPosted by samuiotoko
and net me average of 3-5 legendaries per run

Wait, what?

3-5 Legendaries per runs to make it 6-10 an hour. Even with tremendous high MF, how is that even remotely possible?
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Bunji
and net me average of 3-5 legendaries per run

Wait, what?

3-5 Legendaries per runs to make it 6-10 an hour. Even with tremendous high MF, how is that even remotely possible?

Most important is luck :p. And MF is not the only thing that counts, the bonus items drop also helps, of course all bonus are crap if killing speed is slow
Reply Quote
yea that sounds like a bunch of lies to me.... im lucky to see 1 leg every 20 runs, but im only para level 21 and i run mp2 for max speed... also with your dps how are you killing mp6 in 30 mins? that seems like a lie as well...

maybe your just really good at exaggerating?
Reply Quote
yea that sounds like a bunch of lies to me.... im lucky to see 1 leg every 20 runs, but im only para level 21 and i run mp2 for max speed... also with your dps how are you killing mp6 in 30 mins? that seems like a lie as well...

maybe your just really good at exaggerating?

I don't need you to believe, and if you don't believe, whatever I say is a lie, right. and btw, sheet DPS for a WW barb is not even close to an accurate indication of the real DPS output.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:58 PMPosted by samuiotoko
all bonus are crap if killing speed is slow

The killing speed should not affect drops, but only affect your personal time efficiency.

Well lets say that I boost my Mf to your lvl (to match your paragorn lvl bonuses) and I do a full run on MP6, even if it takes me an hour, I should get the exact same amount of legendaries that you get, but I don't. So I am really wondering what am I doing wrong!?
Reply Quote
all bonus are crap if killing speed is slow

The killing speed should not affect drops, but only affect your personal time efficiency.

Well lets say that I boost my Mf to your lvl (to match your paragorn lvl bonuses) and I do a full run on MP6, even if it takes me an hour, I should get the exact same amount of legendaries that you get, but I don't. So I am really wondering what am I doing wrong!?

Sometimes it's just bad days, I have those too, but recently I have better days more than bad days (knocking wood). Killing speed does not affect the chance of getting a good drop for that particular kill, but killing speed affects the number of times you rolling that dice, and you just need to balance the two out.you don't want to kill fast, but chance is low, or chance is higher, but killing speed is heavily impacted to make it worth the bonus.
Edited by samuiotoko#1231 on 11/16/2012 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Uky
also with your dps how are you killing mp6 in 30 mins?

He's saying Alkaizer runs. That's only Core of Arreat > Tower level 1 > Arreat level 2 > Bridge of K. > Depths level 2. Then a key run at the end. I did it in a little over 30 min on MP6 killing most monsters. About 18m XP in the run. I went down to MP5 and my run time went down to about 20min and I got 13m XP. So I'm running MP5. But I haven't seen one legendary yet in 3 runs.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:53 PMPosted by AMazzing
also with your dps how are you killing mp6 in 30 mins?

He's saying Alkaizer runs. That's only Core of Arreat > Tower level 1 > Arreat level 2 > Bridge of K. > Depths level 2. Then a key run at the end. I did it in a little over 30 min on MP6 killing most monsters. About 18m XP in the run. I went down to MP5 and my run time went down to about 20min and I got 13m XP. So I'm running MP5. But I haven't seen one legendary yet in 3 runs.

I just did one now, at exactly 30 mins, I did depths lvl 3 also as my zerk mode was able to keep up so I did it anyway, got 1 leg and the key, one of those bad runs :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]