Diablo® III

enemy hp bug

100% of my games in the past week or two have had a weird bug happening. i've noticed that about every 1 in 5 mobs i run into already has part of their hp reduced before i even attack them. i've had many friends notice the same thing too. anyone else noticing this? any idea why/how this is happening? and has blizz commented on the issue?
Reply Quote
Same here. Maybe the mobs got bored and started hitting each other like in skyrim.
Reply Quote
You can easily fix this bug by turning off enemy health bar display.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Mauzn
Maybe the mobs got bored

Sounds about right.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 09:43 PMPosted by chancesz
You can easily fix this bug by turning off enemy health bar display.

closing ones eye also helps i guess...
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037206

Posted a main thread to get it discussed so it can be answered, it was moved to the bug report section (which I figured would happen) and now the thread is dead. I don't expect an answer. Oh well.
Reply Quote
Yes, I noticed this too.

It tends to vary by game.

In some games, there will be the occasional small cluster of monsters with not-full health bars.

In other games, you find pre-damaged monsters almost everywhere, including zones where there are no environmental hazards. It's strange.
Reply Quote
This is usually due to environmental damage. The flame throwers in the tower act 3, mortars in the field of slaughter are some off the top of my head. Not really a bug. You can test this by leading some mobs through the fire and watch their health drop. Same thing is happening just a little off screen
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:42 PMPosted by loki1982
This is usually due to environmental damage. The flame throwers in the tower act 3, mortars in the field of slaughter are some off the top of my head. Not really a bug. You can test this by leading some mobs through the fire and watch their health drop. Same thing is happening just a little off screen

Nope, you are wrong. Check the thread I linked above.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:42 PMPosted by loki1982

This is not what's happening, almost all mobs in my games as of late are damage to some extent. this is just happening in the towers either, even large groups in places such as the Keep Depths look as though they have been 'pre-damaged'.
Reply Quote
it's definitely not environmental dmg as many previous posters have stated. i can join a game and the first mob i see has 20% hp gone before i even take one step, and there is nothing in the environment to cause dmg within 50 yards. hopefully blizz can comment and not bury this. perhaps its like the guy above me stated. perhaps it was a hotfix issue that hasnt been noticed or is just too low a priority to fix??? either way, its pretty sad it cant be addressed or fixed
Reply Quote
the great plague has infected Sanctuary
Reply Quote
are these games where you are solo.. or someone is running it and you join the gam in progress ..

mobs use to heal if they went undamage for a while .. but that was a real pain ..

what might be happening is between the changes involved with mp ..if somone joins a game in progress ..thetotal health of the mob may increase ..but something prevents that form healing ..
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest

Posted a main thread to get it discussed so it can be answered, it was moved to the bug report section (which I figured would happen) and now the thread is dead. I don't expect an answer. Oh well.

As I found out the hard way, most threads will not receive a response on the bug report forum unless it is a major gamebreaking (i.e. needs a hotfix NOW) bug. This (again, as I learned the hard way) doesn't mean that they don't read the threads, but simply that only the highest priority bugs are likely to get a response back to the players, and maybe not even then. It all depends on how much the teams have on their plates at any given time.

Reply Quote
11/18/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Odahn
what might be happening is between the changes involved with mp ..if somone joins a game in progress ..thetotal health of the mob may increase ..but something prevents that form healing ..

It's a good suggestion, but no, that is not what is happening either. You can run around solo without having anybody join and mobs are just randomly not at full health. It is a bug, and an incredibly obvious one at that. I find it baffling it hasn't received a response yet for something so simple.

As I found out the hard way, most threads will not receive a response on the bug report forum unless it is a major gamebreaking (i.e. needs a hotfix NOW) bug. This (again, as I learned the hard way) doesn't mean that they don't read the threads, but simply that only the highest priority bugs are likely to get a response back to the players, and maybe not even then. It all depends on how much the teams have on their plates at any given time.

Yeah... it's pretty silly, because at a couple of previous points when a thread suggesting a "bug" has been active, a blue did indeed come in saying they would look into it, then coming back again and saying they thoroughly investigated the situation and found no problems. The pets not applying MF on kills comes to mind. I am finding this extremely frustrating because they were just fine with replying to that, and yet when an obvious bug comes along that is most definitely a problem they need to investigate, it is swept to the bug report forum and ignored (who knows if it's seen and if they are investigating? I never got a response!). I was hoping my thread would be popular enough to receive an answer like I've seen in the past, but clearly I've learned to shut up about it and let them do whatever. I will not bother posting in the future for sure and waste my time. That is unless it is being investigated and they do end up commenting on it, which I'm sure now will not happen.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thank you for posting about this! We’ve also noticed this issue while we were playing and looked into it. We found there was a bug (mostly with Monster Power) where monster hit points were not always scaling correctly when they spawned and resulted in creatures running around with less than maximum health without anyone or anything having damaged them. We plan to fix this issue in a future patch, but since it’s not a critical bug we don’t have an ETA to share just yet.
Reply Quote
less hp i fail to see the problem here
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thank you for posting about this! We’ve also noticed this issue while we were playing and looked into it. We found there was a bug (mostly with Monster Power) where monster hit points were not always scaling correctly when they spawned and resulted in creatures running around with less than maximum health without anyone or anything having damaged them. We plan to fix this issue in a future patch, but since it’s not a critical bug we don’t have an ETA to share just yet.

Could it just be a magical act of god where the game is telling you that designers are trying to give monsters too much HP and this is where it should be?
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Grimiku

How about an ETA or ANY info on 1.06
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]