Diablo® III

how do you kite with your DH?

1 Dwarf Hunter
i had seen many 60 DHs build and i wonder how they can live inferno w/o an slow snare or something that help them to not spam vault or smoke, can some one give me some tips on my DH? i fear that if i dont play with a slow or something like that i may die
Reply Quote
View profile
I use Entangling Shot.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
and dont you lose like 50% of your dps for not using hungering? and the slow is strong enough to be effective in inferno?
Edited by analburst#1396 on 11/16/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I lose DPS against single targets, but against multiple targets I deal more. And yes, the slow is good enough to hold in Inferno.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
what rune do you use?
Reply Quote
View profile
The idea is that you want to control the monsters and not have them control you. You don't necessarily have to use something that slows them down. You just want them to not be where you are. Slowing them down is just one way you can do it. You could stun them, root them in place, fear them away, move way faster than them, have so much protection that they can't break through it, or do so damage at the cost of defense as to kill them before they get close to you to expose it.
Reply Quote
The way I deal with stuff is to have fast run speed (24%) and fast attack speed, and to be able to burst them down quickly before I run out of discipline. I usually farm mp0 a3 with my DH, because I like being able to clear trash in 1-2 shots and kill elites in seconds. I haven't had to use prep in weeks.

The way I see it, if I wanted to do higher mp farming for keys and stuff I would rather do it on other classes.

As ActionKungfu stated above, the key to the DH is to always be in control. And the ways that he mentioned all work, whether it is slowing, kiting, stunning, high ehp with high lifesteal/regen or pure burst.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]