Diablo® III

So how about that iconic skill we have

It seems the 2 main wizard builds are either the CM/WW and archon build but I was wondering if any wizards out there are using the hydra skill perhaps in a kiting build, and if you are, which hydra rune do you use?

It's a shame that as far as I know, hydra does not affect LoH/LS/ApoC or even MF apparently yet reflect damage counts against us. Too bad especially since that was supposed to be our "buff" after nerfing all the co-efficients for CM.
Reply Quote
It gets used in blizzard/hydra kiting builds but, as you point out, the fact that it triggers RD but not LS/LoH makes it pretty hard to play.

I think Venom and Arcane are the most popular runes. I used to use Arcane with Temporal Flux and Blizzard for double slow. I think I used Venom Hydra + Wicked Wind to kill inferno Belial for the first (and only) time.
Reply Quote
It seems the 2 main wizard builds are either the CM/WW and archon build but I was wondering if any wizards out there are using the hydra skill perhaps in a kiting build, and if you are, which hydra rune do you use?

It's a shame that as far as I know, hydra does not affect LoH/LS/ApoC or even MF apparently yet reflect damage counts against us. Too bad especially since that was supposed to be our "buff" after nerfing all the co-efficients for CM.
Arcane Hydra and I'm only using it during Archon downtime. Blizzard tested the MF thing and it does not ignore it (there is a post burried somewhere within these forums). It also works with Arcane Torrent/Disruption potentially with Arcane Dynamo on mid-mp levels. Kiting build are simply unpopular because kiting by definition is inefficient.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]