Diablo® III

XP farming: a blizzard build

!@#$ this is hilarious, just did 12 mill xp in 10 min run in mp1 and im only using 27 exp gem and didnt get any moove speed or xp totems. I even died twice to getting stuck in dots.

so if i can do that 6 runs in a row it would be like 72mill xp/hr

edit: im lorgging off with this build if u want to check out my gears n skills.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 12/19/2012 7:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, this is really efficient. You can even do better with a leoric signet and a 31% ruby, and focusing on the best xp run there is: arreat 2 (from cursed 1 checkpoint) / rakkis / keeps 2.

Though wiz will never been able to reach what TR monks do (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexN0noGWcg it's insane), we can get pretty close by minimizing teleport cooldown (oculus/evocation).
Edited by krali#2833 on 12/20/2012 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
krali, i just did a modification to the build that looks promising, gotta test and refine it more.

since im using ls sever and ap seems like the biggest problem as i seem to not be able to spam as many blizzard is id like, i switched out healing blades for siphoning blades and man was it a world of difference in ap gain back.

Buut, there was a drawback, rd started hurting badly again if i wasnt also killing trash. I must say i was using glass cannon and it was 2 player game. I gotta test again tonight without glass cannon and solo and if that is not enough ill try switching force weapon for blood magic to see if that solves the issue. im now started to wish ai had gotten more life steal on the sever hehe.

btw i think im gona go baws mode and slot evocation for where glass cannon was, coz im pretty sure power hungry and siphoning blades is gona be enough for ap gainback.

ps= havent been able to repeat the 12 mill 10 min run must have been a lucky spawn or lucky route choosing. the route i did was core - damned - kd2 - fos - crater 2.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 12/20/2012 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone else feel like they are playing Madden and just running the ball in for a touchdown? I wish I could make my toon perform a juke from time to time in order to dodge some of the packs.
Reply Quote
yeah or last game i played felt like tag with all the running my pal had to do to keep up with me.
Reply Quote

btw i think im gona go baws mode and slot evocation for where glass cannon was, coz im pretty sure power hungry and siphoning blades is gona be enough for ap gainback.

Power hungry and a lot of pickup radius, plus good dps have done the trick for me. But yeah, AP is a problem in this build. I still feel Empowered Shrines effect.
Reply Quote
yep

actually just removing glass cannon and going solo worked agianst rd packs, moaar ap!
Reply Quote
I found it comfortable around 200K dps buffed.

On your profile page, it says youre @ 130k dps. Is it buffed or unbuffed?
I already had a CM wiz set and just spent a lil more 5m for the Zuni pieces and the gloves/bracers. :P
Reply Quote
Yeah I tried frostburns which decreased my datasheet DPS at 160k buffed. Btw I use a lot of other builds and gear variation as I speed farm in team and sometimes do Ubers as CM/WW. So my profile may not be a good reference.
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 02:19 AMPosted by krali
Yeah I tried frostburns which decreased my datasheet DPS at 160k buffed. Btw I use a lot of other builds and gear variation as I speed farm in team and sometimes do Ubers as CM/WW. So my profile may not be a good reference.

I am doing about 10m per run (~15-18mins), although I have no Leorics Signet and my ruby gem is a star. Honestly, I am finding it pretty good but it gets tiring and boring really fast. lol
Also, I find life after kill much better and Frostburn gloves didnt work well, IMO.
I wish I could make the same exp/h with another wizard build as well...
Reply Quote
You can actually gain +4 passive arcane regen using Astral Presence passive + Arcanot Familiar active abilities instead of using power hungry with radius stacking if you dont want to wear radius gear
Reply Quote
Just gonna bump this up for OP as it looks like this could potentially become the new low-mp farming build for 1.07 :)

un-official 1.07 patch notes:

Blizzard Cost: 40 Arcane Power / Call down shards of ice to pelt an area, dealing 510% weapon damage as Cold to all enemies in the area over 6 seconds. Multiple casts in the same area do not stack.
stat : Call down shards of ice to pelt an area, dealing 25 - 25 Cold damage per second for 8 seconds.
Unrelenting Storm : Increases the duration of Blizzard to deal 680% weapon damage as Cold over 8 seconds.
Stark Winter : Increases the size of Blizzard to cover 22 yards, dealing 510% weapon damage as Cold over 6 seconds.

Finally a use for 30% Frostburn Gauntlets? :D
Edited by Mustybadger#2406 on 1/15/2013 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been running a sb/blizz build for over a month...I like it way better than Archon...you can slow down just a bit and use it for farming as well!! I used to switch back and forth between it and Archon, but recently I have pretty much stuck to sb/blizz!!!
Reply Quote
Bump for the BlizzBlades Build...my current fave for farming fast Mp0...When I saw the Dmg buff for Blizz in the next patch I am almost wet myself w excitement...
Reply Quote
I've been using this build as well. I know that the recommended DPS for this build is ~200K (I assume this is w/o Frostburns), but I seem to be doing okay at ~100K w/ Frostburns and Leoric's. If anyone could spare a moment, I'm not sure what I could upgrade to increase my damage by a large margin. Also, the weapon I'm using has very good base damage, allowing more potent Blizzard damage. I learned this from using speed farming builds on my Witch Doctor. Stacking attack speed / crit hit / crit damage doesn't always equate raw damage, especially when I have to give up a bunch of crit from my rings in this build.
Reply Quote
Is the 30%~ cold damage from Frostburn Gauntlets calc'd in additive to Blizzards 210%, making it 240, or does it multiply blizzard to 262.2%?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Chuckfinley
Is the 30%~ cold damage from Frostburn Gauntlets calc'd in additive to Blizzards 210%, making it 240, or does it multiply blizzard to 262.2%?

It's an independent damage modifier, so you get *1.3 . You can include it in the blizz weapon damage if you feel like it, which makes it 262.2%.

The way I see 1.0.7 impacting this build is making it possible in a budget at mp0, with far lower DPS requirement. For geared players, bumping mp level around 2 levels. Remember that SB are mandatory against elites and they don't get boosted.

Ideal XP farming level may change according to large increases on XP bonus from MP.
Reply Quote
it does get boosted, remember fb have 6% as cold damage so it makes sb deal cold damage too.
Reply Quote
I've got a fairly epic pair of gloves, but I'm reading now that IAS doesn't affect Blizzard? roughly 129k dps listed, the frosties will cost me 30k, but with the new blizzard buff it might heavily outweigh that loss, also counting my SoJ/Source?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 09:30 AMPosted by ximae
it does get boosted, remember fb have 6% as cold damage so it makes sb deal cold damage too.

My bad, I meant "buffed" and not "boosted" here. 1.0.7 Blizzard buff means bumping mp lvl ~2 lvl, but SB is a problem then.

You're right about SB dealing cold dmg with the +6% to cold on FB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]