Diablo® III

If you're not botting, you lose. Fact.

I've put about 400hrs in this game since release, but I just cannot bring myself to log on anymore. One morning, about a week ago, I was very eager to do a few runs but I froze at the login screen and didn't even bother getting on. Why?

Look around you. Different forums and websites around the web. How many times will you see stories of people who gained 100 paragon levels by just checking out their bot a few times a day? People are making hundreds, if not thousands of real dollars botting. Most of them run 24/7 and they never get banned.

I got to paragon level 40 something by hand. Investing my own free time trying to make my character better. Meanwhile, some kid presses "OK" on his bot and he's on cruise control to paragon 100 and ridiculous items. He then starts playing, or not, when he gets a few thousand dollars in his pocket.

This is pathetic
Reply Quote
Ya this is one of the few games where actually playing is the worst possible thing you can do to advance.

Botting, duping, or if you want to be more "legit" sitting on the AH and flipping items are all insanely more effective than actually playing.
Reply Quote
Ya this is one of the few games where actually playing is the worst possible thing you can do to advance.

Botting, duping, or if you want to be more "legit" sitting on the AH and flipping items are all insanely more effective than actually playing.

well, you have botting, and then you have 24/7 botting, day after day, week after week

IMO, as soon as someone spends 72 consecutive hours online, questions should be raised
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Sneakydays

Unfortunately the most true statement about this game.

I am at Plv30 right now, and I cant possibly imagine how ppl can play like 12 hours a day and grind for a month to p100, that would drive me nuts.

Moldran was able to take 500mil gold, and just sit the AH and flip it to 1.5B in 3 days. Check out his channel on youtube. Sure cant do that with farming.
Reply Quote
Sad. That people worry so much about what others are doing. If you don't enjoy the game, that's fine. But don't make up stuff about how complete strangers running bots somehow affects your gaming experience.

Just play to have fun. When did we become this society that only games for profit?
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/16/2012 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alot of people got banned after botting. And I hope blizzard can find more of those botters.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:24 PMPosted by FurNate

Unfortunately the most true statement about this game.

I am at Plv30 right now, and I cant possibly imagine how ppl can play like 12 hours a day and grind for a month to p100, that would drive me nuts.

Moldran was able to take 500mil gold, and just sit the AH and flip it to 1.5B in 3 days. Check out his channel on youtube. Sure cant do that with farming.

Yeah, but the thing with flipping is that you need big money to make big money

There are many items that can be flipped for 2x value easily. But picture yourself turning 1m into 2m VS 500m into 1b

IMO, you grind till you get 10m to 100m and then hit up the AH if you want money
Reply Quote
Sad. That people worry so much about what others are doing. If you don't enjoy the game, that's fine. But don't make up stuff about how complete strangers running bots somehow affects your gaming experience.

Just play to have fun. When did we become this society that only games for profit?

first-party transactions is a nasty tool
Reply Quote
Lose what?

I am killing monsters just fine.

this. also im enjoying the time i spend online. so what do i lose? fun? im already having plenty of that.
Reply Quote

first-party transactions is a nasty tool

Agreed. There's something to be said about the practice of Blizzard condoning sales of virtual items. Greed has taken it's ugly hold.
Reply Quote
I don't bot.

I have 210K DPS (With frenzy up, which is always up).

I make 50M+ every day, assuming I farm for about 2 hours.

Normally I only get about an hour of farming in, so either 25M a day, or 50 every other day.

I upgrade stuff like crazy, I'm rolling in a fair amount of money (I'm sitting @ 80M currently, most I've ever had).

I'm quite happy.

You're just bad.

People on these forums (this word is overused on the internet, but I think it applies here) CRY THEIR EYES OUT about botting, duping.... I have literally not ONCE been affected by farming or duping, in any way/shape/form. I've only just recently reached 10K elite kills, and that took me about 3-4 weeks of playing about an hour a day.

Wtf else do they expect? Do you want to be done gearing up in 1 day? Use RMAH then. Watch how much fun this game is when you just wake up one morning with all the best gear in the game. What the hell do you even work towards at that point!?!?!?

Do you want to be done gearing up in one day? Get a bot. Let it farm 12 hours for you for one week.
You're then done playing. Grats I guess? I don't care. I'll still be here having fun.

Either way, just make up your mind. If you don't want to bot, if you don't want to learn how to dupe/exploit duping - then don't. If you don't want to farm for hours on end, DON'T. That's ALL THERE IS TO DO IN THIS GAME. You farm. "dude I didn't get anything on that farming run!" K. Go again idiot. "I got 100M worth of items that run!" K. Go again idiot.

Grow up. Grow. Up.
Edited by ProbablyHigh#1615 on 11/16/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ProbablyHigh

You're 100% right. Bots don't quite affect me directly.

But when you play with a few regular people and they start to bot and they double their dps out of nowhere and gain 30 paragon levels in a week.... it does give me some kind of envy
Reply Quote
@ProbablyHigh

You're 100% right. Bots don't quite affect me directly.

But when you play with a few regular people and they start to bot and they double their dps out of nowhere and gain 30 paragon levels in a week.... it does give me some kind of envy

That's on you, brother. Don't give in to greed and envy.

This is supposed to be a game. Believe it or not, when you work at it and when we do finally get to PVP and you're holding your own with RMAH'ers and botters, there is a profound sense of pride that comes with it.

I used to do a LOT of Elite Zeal Dueling in competitive tournaments during my time with D2. Many of my opponents were using duped 3/20/20's, they bought their gears, they ran bots. I beat many of them and it felt great.
Reply Quote
OP is right. Same with RMAH.

Sad how low Blizzard wants to go to get as much money as possible. Creating games that incentivates loss of health and using of credit cards to bypass gameplay.

Don't do that. Don't blame Blizzard because people are lazy and greedy. It's not all Blizz's fault.

Even if the RMAH didn't exist, there would be plenty of people buying items from 3rd parties.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/16/2012 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Aqso, I was just wondering why you started a competing thread/same topic?
You're part of the Blizzard curtail damage team?
Reply Quote
Killing mobs and farming just fine, nothing to see here.
Botters get banned no matter what, stop pretending half the population does cheat!
Reply Quote
nothing to see here.

No botting.
No dupping.
Pay no attention,
move along.
Just move along!
Reply Quote

+1

I run with other "casual" gamers. We like to see things explode on our screen, pick up remnants, and (possibly) sell those remnants for upgradeable gear.

When this gets boring, I'll find another game to play =)

I get the issue of botting and think it should be dealth with - but I'm rather detached and really don't give two craps about the issue. My bills are paid by working a normal job (9-5); my entertainment time is filled by my mediocre character blowing things up on my computer monitor.

Perspective is important in life - if you don't have the right one, maybe it's time to change where you stand.

2 cents is only a tiny piece of the whole picture - so take it for what it's worth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]