Diablo® III

Should I buy SC2 now?

I know SC2 had been released 2 years ago. I had been playing SC1 and quit on 2007 but now I would wanted to play SC again. Should I buy now or wait for SC2 Heart of the Swarm?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Buy it, you'll get in the sc2 mood x)
and when HotS is released, buy it :D

SC2 is one of the best games that I've played. TOTALLY WORTH!
Reply Quote
OK thx for the answer. but I'll wait for others' opinions.
Reply Quote
why would you wait for SC2: Heart of the Swarm?

you need SC2:Wings of Liberty to be able to play SC:HotS.

so if you want to play, you might as well buy it now and also pre-order HotS.
Reply Quote
OK thx for the answer. Btw for HotS, I have no credit/debit cards so I have to wait for it to be released.
Reply Quote
dude just buy HOTS now, you save 20 bucks i think cause its a 60 dollar deal for Wings of liberty+HOTS.
Reply Quote
Yes. If you liked SC1, you will love SC2. It was one of the best PC games that I've ever played. Before you start playing SC2, make sure that you're knowledgable about the SC1 and Brood War stories.
Reply Quote
56 Human Paladin
No just wait until the protoss campaign comes out and we can call starcraft 2 an actual game.
Reply Quote
I liked SC2 campaign. Although it was less hours I invested than in D3 I was happily satisfied for what it's worth which took only about 60 hours to beat campaign on brutal difficulty. D3 on the other hand I could !@#$ on it and throw it in an incinerator and still be unsatisfied after 200+ hours of game play and still feel ripped off for it's stupid 59.99 the game feels like a 12.99. Simply because it did not deliver. FYI that's ALL i played SC2 for was the campaign, and a bit of co-op online matches with some frnds vs. cpus and a few ranked but after that I quit but still not pissed about the product itself. So SC2:HotS I have hope for it being good. D3:Expansionwhatevernamehere fk that.

If you're in for more of the online 1v1 ranked matches stuff it might fit you, the mechanics of SC2 aren't highly different from SC1 I'd say they're an improvement; the campaign definitely.
D2 -> D3 is like wtf happened?
SC1 -> SC2 is like okay it's still pretty consistent with some adjustments, not a drastic gamefkedfacepalm
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/20/2012 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
SC2 is blizzard's last good game in my eyes.

HoTS seems pretty badass if you like SC.. It's adding new units, a leveling system, and guilds/clans system (FINALLY)..

D3 would have been better if they kept the lobbies, kept the itemization, and added in guilds/clans.

And i bought the game assuming it would have PvP... Sillyme
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 11:53 AMPosted by chee
I know SC2 had been released 2 years ago. I had been playing SC1 and quit on 2007 but now I would wanted to play SC again. Should I buy now or wait for SC2 Heart of the Swarm?

Well I personally really enjoyed SC2 - the best thing is that the different races really are different and rely on different strategic and tactical real time decisions for maximum punch. Plus the maps designs are great - different maps call for different build priorities.

If you like diversity and the ability to make thoughtful and considered strategic decisions based on situational awareness then I think its definitely worth buying.

I also found SC2 had multiple progression pathways - so many different things you can do to build a growth arc.

And best of all it has a newb friendly approach to MP - you will be graded over several initial games and then subsequently matched based on where you fit. And of course you can join large 4x4 games which will soften some of the perfromance anxiety :)
Reply Quote
You should definitly start sc1 right now if you want to play hots.

This game takes a !@#$ load of time to understand and to get good at.
If you dont want to play multiplayer, its another story...
Reply Quote
As a big fan of the original Starcraft, it really pains me to say Starcraft II was a massive let down in my opinion.

For me, the campaign is pretty awful. Horrendous story that ignores Starcraft and Brood War, and missions that rely too much on gimmicks - basically zero strategy is required to finish the game, just do what the missions tell you to do.

The multiplayer is kind of Ok, but it's nowhere near Brood War's level of polish or strategy - it's focused too much of being "watch-able" and not focused enough on being "fun". As a result, the Ladder get's old very fast - it's one massive, massive grind, but without a pay off. It's not fun enough to just play for fun.
The experience you might have seen in the Tournament scene is absent; Tournament Starcraft II is infinity better then the garbage games on the Ladder. And Team Starcraft II? The worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Zero fun.

If you can get Starcraft II for us US$20.00, you might get your monies worth. It's just not a very good game, so don't spend too much on it.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2012 11:53 AMPosted by chee

I can't comment on multiplayer because I suck at it, but single-player is a massive improvement over SC/BW's in terms of pacing, design and variety. It does have a few annoyances, such as redundant/useless units, uneven enemy AI and lack of a Zerg campaign, but nothing major.

If you're still not convinced, try the Starter Edition.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 12/4/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hudge SC2 fan.. trying out diablo... o;
Reply Quote
sc2 is awesome
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Lefty
Hudge SC2 fan.. trying out diablo... o;

Don't, reanimate year old posts to troll people... o;
Reply Quote
View profile
wtf is a hudge?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]