Diablo® III

The WD 1.0.6 Thread

Change GI to something besides "ON KILL", we loose our only ability to reduce cool downs in upper mps which is a huge set back.

Dont forget GF too.

Its still semi usable at mid MP levels, but loses most of its power in high MP unless you run with a 0 dog globe generator.
Reply Quote
Elemental tooltip and function is a little strange.

Everyone wants more mana regen, but I'm pretty happy with where it's at honestly.

I do think Wrathful Protector is a piece of trash and needs redesigned. Gargantuan is a fun pet, I'd like to see this rune turned into something much more dynamic and usable for a Witch Doctor, in realistic terms.

EXAMPLE:

Wrathful Protector into Burning Berserker

- The Gargantuan increases the movement speed of nearby allies by 5%. The Gargantuan's fists burn with fire, increasing its attack speed by 10%.

There's some group utility, a change and increase to his damage, and it's interesting enough for anyone to want to try out.

Seriously.

I actually love this idea, I see alot of wds dont use garg anymore for mp0 runs and stuff, but still stuck with him
Reply Quote
I would also love to have the toads (besides rain + big toad) move faster and straighter, I'd like to use addling toads because i love the charm mechanic but right now it just meh
Reply Quote
BBV - acts as mobile aura instead of static aoe buff, kind of like a temporary mantra
Stalker - 30% ms up from 20%
Soul Harvest - AoE increases with pickup radius
Thing of the Deep same base dps as Uhkapian Serpent/Gory Fetch/string of skulls (seriously?)
Spirit Walk and Horrify with the same cooldown

That's all for now santa

PS for all the people complaining about garg, run restless giant then quit complaining. It's almost like you never even look at how much damage he does. Not only does he scale off your sheet dps (which can easily break 300k buffed), he gets all the bonuses from voodoo + your bonus from voodoo scaled. He's easily hitting for over 500k buffed per hit @ 1.5aps. Not only that, when he leaves giant mode you can simply resummon him back into it.
Edited by ViM#1287 on 11/18/2012 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
1)Maybe make haunt stackable with a max satck on it. Also the same could be done with locus swarm.

2)Summon wise like so many have said, more permanent summons. Maybe a rune that lets Fetish army Fetishes be permanent.

3) increase the range on firebats and the resource cost. Well not dire bats.

4) Make Toad of Hugness do something, i mean anything to bosses and elites!

Above all no nerfs, more and more people are seeing how much fun the WD class is. I know I did!
Edited by Fatbabydyer#1175 on 11/18/2012 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Most people complain about mana issues.

Although I agree it's not easy, we have some workarounds to that. My problem is that these workarounds are something like "eh, better than nothing".

I believe it would be nice to have mana-regen skills to be used while we don't have godly equip, like haunt with Draining Spirit. Problem is that it barely recovers the mana spent on the skill itself! Spirit Barrage with The Spirit is Willing falls into the same thing.

I'd like to have some options like "oh, this doesn't deal that much damage, but I can sustain it for longer, at leas untill I have a full zuni set".

I'm sure there are LOTS of other spells to give feedback about, but I'd like to give my 2 cents just about this one.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Xarkar
Change GI to something besides "ON KILL", we loose our only ability to reduce cool downs in upper mps which is a huge set back.

Dont forget GF too.

Its still semi usable at mid MP levels, but loses most of its power in high MP unless you run with a 0 dog globe generator.

The more I think about it the more I think that's less an issue with GF, and more an issue with MP. Health globe rates drop dates should increase with MP levels to account for the longer battles.
Reply Quote
The more I think about it the more I think that's less an issue with GF, and more an issue with MP. Health globe rates drop dates should increase with MP levels to account for the longer battles.

I totally agree, however I highly doubt they will increase globes in higher MP levels.

That's part of the reason why I suggested that GF should be based on damage output somehow.

IE gain 1% Int & Mana for every X amount of damage.

Unfortunately this could make it a lot less useful for those still gearing up.
Reply Quote
PS for all the people complaining about garg, run restless giant then quit complaining. It's almost like you never even look at how much damage he does. Not only does he scale off your sheet dps (which can easily break 300k buffed), he gets all the bonuses from voodoo + your bonus from voodoo scaled. He's easily hitting for over 500k buffed per hit @ 1.5aps. Not only that, when he leaves giant mode you can simply resummon him back into it.

I remember a test a while back that showed that Pets got your Crit / IAS, but did NOT get your Crit D numbers.

Also, unless im mistaken, they fixed the resummon to reset CD in like 1.04 or something. IE the cooldown on his beserk remains even if you resummon.
Reply Quote
Although I agree it's not easy, we have some workarounds to that. My problem is that these workarounds are something like "eh, better than nothing".

Its managable, but when you play another class, its simply ridiculous how fast they can regain their resource.

Watch a CM wiz? The second their AP drops, it refills to max.

On my barb, (who is no where near amazing) I can run into a group, and RLTW/WW until its dead. The amount of fury i get from WW/RTLW crits, + passives is simply silly. I may be gaining more because of lower end gear (more damage on hits) but at the same time im not in higher MP levels. The point is, resources on my barb are really not that important because they are there when i need them, where as on my WD, they tend to deplete fast (unless im speed farming MP0)
Reply Quote
I still miss the old VQ.

In my opinion our best bet is if they change nothing.
Reply Quote
make dead rush animation instant and bigger radius.
Reply Quote
-Give Poison Dart an explosive rune with AoE
-Buff runes for Plague of Toads
-Buff haunt somehow
-Reduce cooldown for Wall of Zombies
-Reduce cooldown of Big Bad Voodoo
-Increase the range of Zombie Charger
-Slightly longer duration for Corspe Spiders
-Pierce the Veil should be a 20% or 10% mana cost increase instead of 30%
-Buff or redesign Vision Quest + Fierce Loyalty
-Slight buff for fetishes
-Redesign Wrathful Protector rune for Gargantuan
-Grasp of the Dead needs an increase in radius
Reply Quote
I do not understand the logic behind dots doing much less damage than instant abilities like bears, firebats and even signature spells. increasing the Haunt damage to say 180% per tick would still make it subpar when compared to other spells. In its current state it does 90ish% damage a second and is not accelerated with attack speed. Come on blizzard this stuff isnt rocket science lets make some changes people!
Reply Quote
Give us AI options on pets and followers, and let us pick how we want them to play e.g.

Guard - Protect player.
Attack Strongest
Attack weakest
When player health falls below X amount cast XX.

Give us new sets with a life steal option. Or just give us the barb belt.

Give us legendary set bracers with some good stats (put life steal here maybe).
Reply Quote
Patch 1.06 needs to make sure all runes are competitive with Zombie Bear.

I begin to feel WD is under-performing without ZB.

While RoT/Acid combo is nice for leeching health, the killing power is far from ZB.

I am the biggest WoS fan but I lack aoe damage and ST damage can be still less than ZB against big targets.

Firebats is just so average that it's bad. CoB has good damage but range is basically melee.

And improve Fetish!!! Give us more Hunter and Tiki. Make them invincible during 20s and 60s.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Fatbabydyer
I do not understand the logic behind dots doing much less damage than instant abilities like bears, firebats and even signature spells. increasing the Haunt damage to say 180% per tick would still make it subpar when compared to other spells. In its current state it does 90ish% damage a second and is not accelerated with attack speed. Come on blizzard this stuff isnt rocket science lets make some changes people!

Yes, please. I've voiced so much of this concern in PTR but they still released the way it is. Right now, the only thing that is worth using is Draining Spirit.
Reply Quote
Dead Rush needs a significantly reduced cooldown and a knockback affix, right now it is useless.
Reply Quote
DOts are fine. You guys aren't using them correctly. They are spells that are meant to be layered with other spells not as a single or primary means of attack. It's a set and forget 1 time spell that does Damage Over Time. Which means you can cast multiple DoTs on a single target, or combine them with say bears so a single target is taking bear damage + dot 1 + dot 2 all at the same time.

faster tick rate with as would be a nice perk though
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 11/22/2012 2:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
They need to do something to 'hex rune angry chicken', no on uses it once they hit inferno. It's a fun skill, but wasted at the moment as you can't cast while in chicken form but can still take damage, it's suicide for 215% damage, which is nothing once your in higher mps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]