Diablo® III

The WD 1.0.6 Thread

11/22/2012 03:19 AMPosted by DiabloD
They need to do something to 'hex rune angry chicken', no on uses it once they hit inferno. It's a fun skill, but wasted at the moment as you can't cast while in chicken form but can still take damage, it's suicide for 215% damage, which is nothing once your in higher mps

Not every rune is meant for every MP. Angry chicken works good for doing speed runs in lower MP. It's a 3rd source of boosted speed.

But... I would be awesome if it was better. Angry Chicken with 1000% Damage wooooooooooo
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 11/22/2012 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
WD is ranged, it would be great to know you're hitting enemies 'off screen'. Keywarden Act2 is dead easy to kill with poison darts but the only way to know he's getting hit is with vision quest on, and you can see it ticking over.
Reply Quote
quote Xarkar
"I think we need a form of mana regen, (though skills, baseline or even gear) that SCALES with gear. (IE APoC). It can be something totally new, but IMO its needed if our class is going to be competitive."

I am not a well geared WD at all, and on my way to 4 piece Zuni, I have to 2nd the above to address the issue on our resource. It is not really broken like some others say, you just need to manage the issue, with slow weapons or rotate primary to manage it. But the issue I see with our resource system is this, all WD are "forced" to have Zuni 4 piece to "manage" this lame issue and forced to have mana regen on equip where applicable. This invariable streamline all us WD into the funnel of 4 piece zuni or u OOM situation. And also makes most of the subpar zuni set pieces VERY expensive even thou they suck and the good ones just goes off they scale if they just have crit on it. This in my humble opinion is not what blizz said they wanted to have - diversity

So yes, it would definitely be good to have something like a APoC to address this issue, most class have some resource regenerator as passive or equip stat, barb has it, DH has it, wiz has it too, monk I am not too sure there, we are the only class which has to deal with on Kill passive for resource which is still subpar comparatively especially with the monster power and simply does not scale up for higher MP

So I guess our resource system needs some relook if we are to be weened off the 4piece zuni...

It is also very bad for the AH market as well, as right now standing, all WD are looking for crit pox or crit vision to make themselves good for hi mp content, if you dun have that keep looking. This only makes the market stagnant in the case of other good pieces or better rare by themselves but are not moving at all, just because they dun have a zuni in their names to fit into the set. I have seen some good rare rings with CC/CD for with 80 odd Int for less than a mil, and they are NOT selling...and our dear old pox with 80 odd Int and NO Crit chance are already a lucky steal if u get it for 2 mil...this is i think a very bad economic model for the AH where everyone is streamlined to that set only for our class. And all the rares are not moving... I dunno if that is true for other classes as well
Reply Quote
i would prefer angry chicken to do a stun instead of knock back... it ruins the ability of keep on speed running then damaging then killing because u have to chase the mobs that have been knock back...

and when casting sacrifice... dogs can be sacrificed at the same time instead of one at a time...
Edited by sirH#1433 on 11/22/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
BBV Totem follows caster around.
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Hamstar
BBV Totem follows caster around.

11/22/2012 07:23 PMPosted by sirH
i would prefer angry chicken to do a stun instead of knock back... it ruins the ability of keep on speed running then damaging then killing because u have to chase the mobs that have been knock back...

Now you see this is what confuses me. Why didn't they just combine hex and BBV from the get go and give us a permanent summon with auras that benefit the party? Because it would resemble D2 way to much? uhhhhh we loved d2 there is nothing wrong with being true to a classic.

If they are to do anything with hex and its runes maybe instead of hexing one enemy into chickens the shaman would be semi permanent and hex groups of enemies, like cursing in d2, so that way it would work on bosses as well. Yeah maybe one of the runes could be hexing a group into chickens but that one wouldn't work on bosses.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Fatbabydyer
1)Maybe make haunt stackable with a max satck on it. Also the same could be done with locus swarm.

Yes to this. Haunt stacks fa sho.

11/18/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Fatbabydyer
4) Make Toad of Hugness do something, i mean anything to bosses and elites!

Make toad of hugeness a permanent summon! He'll spit stuff at people and slow them down with his attack.
Reply Quote
1. Improved base mana regen, mana on hit or crit, lifesteal on helm
2. Additional & useful permanent summons

Loving everyone's suggestions
Reply Quote
Locust swarm looks awesome but isn't really useful enough to justify a spot on my bar. I'm not sure if it's because they cannot crit, the base damage is too low or both. Would love to have that buffed a bit.

Alot of useless skills like toad of hugeness etc, already mentioned here.

Vampire bats, cloud of bats, and fire bats in general looks awesome. Would love to start using these instead of bears. Perhaps a slight buff to make them rival bears, open up the options a bit.

Even in my previous attack speed gear, near 3.00, I still found the fetish passive to be very very lack luster and again not worth straying from the norm. It's a cool idea, dunno if it needs straight damage or just a higher proc rate. Perhaps reworked all together, gain a fetish on kill similar to circle of life.

One thing that stands apart to me is survivability in mp8+, as i'm sure it is with some other classes depending on gear. I've tested alot of setups including high dps (200k), more defensive zuni setups (130'ish), and a combination of the two. In my experience, even with the maximum alloted 3% life steal, it is not enough to survive reflects, even supplementing with horrify armor rune. I suppose the concept of reflect vs leech is also another situation that demands bears. I like bears, they're great, however i'd like to play with something else for fun without sacrificing a massive amount of burst, dps, or leech regen.
Reply Quote
Even in my previous attack speed gear, near 3.00, I still found the fetish passive to be very very lack luster and again not worth straying from the norm. It's a cool idea, dunno if it needs straight damage or just a higher proc rate. Perhaps reworked all together, gain a fetish on kill similar to circle of life.

Agreed the proc needs to be closer to 15%. I don't think on kill is such a good idea. The WD has a few skills that proc on kill and they turn into useless skills in boss fights and higher MP elite fights. It would be nice if the fetishes were worthwhile in difficult elite encounters. They don't last for crap. It would be nice to see the skill randomly summon shamans, hunters, and dagger fetishes.
Reply Quote
Yeah that is a good point about the boss fights and high mp. I agree the random fetishes would be pretty cool. Maybe if they were similar to maniacs or the old d2 dolls where they would spawn, run toward the target and pop, or just pop on death. Dolls and Souls were probably the most feared monsters in d2.
Reply Quote
One of my friends re-geared his lvl 60 Barb and spent about 50mil and he is ALREADY doing mp8-10.

His WD is paragon 50 something and he is amazed by how good Barb's resource system is. Almost no cool down, excellent survival when Wrath is up most of the time and even CC protection.

He feels like "cheating" when he plays Barb. lol

Anyway, I told him that WD does have some unique things but they don't scale well in higher MP:

1. Pick up radius
2. Thorn
3. Fetish

PuR needs death proc or health globe. These two may not be enough during long fights and the effects are pretty short lived.

Thorn is useless, period. Even if you stack enough to get to 25K, it is still meaningless even in MP3.

Fetish is one of things that they can easily improve without breaking or re-designing Thorn. All we need is high damage Fetish, more Head Hunter/Tiki and make them immune to DoT.

Unlike some of you, I rather have "quality" Fetish than "quantity". I know it's fun to have like 10 of them following you but chances are many of them are blocking each other's path especially if you have Garg/Dogs. I rather they increase Fetish's damage by at least 100% because Dagger hits and runs too much. Dagger fetish needs to stab 50% weapon damage.

Let's just say you can proc Head Hunter. Hunter does 20% weapon damage. For 10 of them, you get 200% weapon damage once every 1.5/1.4s in most optimal situation. This is almost "free" damage that we don't need to spend mana on. WD needs more ways to deal damage without the need of "mana on critical".
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/25/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Fetish is one of things that they can easily improve without breaking or re-designing Thorn. All we need is high damage Fetish, more Head Hunter/Tiki and make them immune to DoT.

Unlike some of you, I rather have "quality" Fetish than "quantity". I know it's fun to have like 10 of them following you but chances are many of them are blocking each other's path especially if you have Garg/Dogs. I rather they increase Fetish's damage by at least 100% because Dagger hits and runs too much. Dagger fetish needs to stab 50% weapon damage.

Let's just say you can proc Head Hunter. Hunter does 20% weapon damage. For 10 of them, you get 200% weapon damage once every 1.5/1.4s in most optimal situation. This is almost "free" damage that we don't need to spend mana on. WD needs more ways to deal damage without the need of "mana on critical".

Awesome points man. I agree quality fetishes would be ideal. Improved fetishes not only in damage but in their scripts. All WD pets have a serious problem with their aggressiveness. As you said fetishes will hit once and run around. WTH? Even the garg and dogs allow enemies to pursue you and run off to attack some random white mob 40 yards away.
Reply Quote
medusa widow maker spiders that to turn enermy to stone(something like freezing)
Reply Quote
BBV should be a semi permanent summon that follows you around for a short time to give you a aura buff. Similar to the druid's spirits in D2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]