Diablo® III

Attack speed for CM/WW

So I was originally using Chantodo's, but the weapon I'm currently using dropped, and it made my DPS go up by around 17k. I'm trying to figure out how much attack speed you actually need for WW/CM, and if its possible to reach a decent attack speed using a 1.4 speed sword.

Any thoughts on this? I think the sword I'm currently using is pretty godly. What should I be looking at to get to a better state with my gear?
Edited by CptJesus#1110 on 11/16/2012 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
like over 2.5 APS and like over 45% CC is solid to aim for
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 11/16/2012 8:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Alesso
like over 2.5 APS and like over 45% CC is solid to aim for

Is it possible to reach that APS with the weapon I'm currently using?
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:03 PMPosted by CptJesus

2.74/1.4 = 1.9571

You would need to total 96% Increased Attack Speed to reach 2.74 APS with a weapon that has 1.40 APS.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
You only really NEED 1.5 APS or so to get the build to work moderately well. However, the more attack speed the better it works and the easier it becomes to use the full SNS spec.

To reach the 2.74 Breakpoint you'd need about 96% IAS. For the 2.508 breakpoint I think you only need 79, but might need 80% IAS.

96% is impractical. 80% is also impractical, but possible with IAS from ring, ring, gloves, amulet, bracer, chest, helm, OH, and pants. The problem is the IAS pants are pretty terrible for the spec because of the huge lack of EHP, but if you can get the EHP from other pieces, it's plausible. You can also drop 10% IAS from gear if you use Time Warp with the +10% attack speed, which would let you use regular EHP pants, or a triumvirate OH for extra dps.

So in short, you'll be stuck at the 2.5 breakpoint or below. You'll still be able to run the spec just fine but I don't think you'll quite get to the point where you can perma freeze uber bosses (though I'm not really sure what the expected attack speed is for that, since I hear some say 3.0 isn't high enough).
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Ammostiel

2.74/1.4 = 1.9571

You would need to total 96% Increased Attack Speed to reach 2.74 APS with a weapon that has 1.40 APS.

Good luck.

Should I switch to a different build more tailored to the extreme crit damage then? What would fit the bill?
Reply Quote
Farm low MP with Archon.

Get a Satan Triumvirate and go to town. Don't even need APOC on it.
Reply Quote
Farm low MP with Archon.

Get a Satan Triumvirate and go to town. Don't even need APOC on it.

What is a Satan Triumvirate?
Reply Quote
yup ur gonna need blood magic tho for reflect dmg, cause loh doesnt work that great for archon
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:31 PMPosted by CptJesus

Me trying and failing to be cute with lingo.

6%/6%/6% on the main stats. 666.

And yes, you'll need to use Blood Magic.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Ammostiel

Me trying and failing to be cute with lingo.

6%/6%/6% on the main stats. 666.

And yes, you'll need to use Blood Magic.

Any other stats I should be looking for?
Reply Quote
No CM uses a sword. Best case is ias dagger. Like rulereric or madstrike

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Madstrike-1346/

And even then the good breakpoint of 2.73 is hard.

Huge apoc problems <2.73 with only 20 apoc (unless u have like 60 crit but thats so expensive)

Sheet dps means nothing with cm stop looking at it. Key is can you spam? what runes can u spam? thats real dps at the end of the day
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/16/2012 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Under 2.74 you really need 25+ APoC imo, otherwise there is not enough AP regen for you. So you'd better use Archon with that Sword, if you want CM, either 2.74 or a Wand.

Ah, but for MP 4 or below, you can have 20 APoC and like 2.3 aps, and go tanky, it's fine lol. But once again if you go that route, Archon is better :)
Reply Quote
someone streamed a 3.77 aspd with 50cc+ on ghom and he still stutters.
Reply Quote
I run MP5-6 just fine with 2.01 attack speed, 24 APoC, and 50% CC. The requirements to run CM/WW are greatly exaggerated here. You'll definitely need over 30k life though and some more armor. It would probably be easier just to go archon.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 03:09 AMPosted by LordSandwich
I run MP5-6 just fine with 2.01 attack speed, 24 APoC, and 50% CC. The requirements to run CM/WW are greatly exaggerated here. You'll definitely need over 30k life though and some more armor. It would probably be easier just to go archon.

Talk about exaggerated I do MP10 with 29k life and don't die... ask around ppl know me I do ubers for em mp10 w/ shock 'armor'...might have something to do with unexagerated ias u think?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/17/2012 3:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Talk about exaggerated I do MP10 with 29k life and don't die... ask around ppl know me I do ubers for em mp10 w/ shock 'armor'...might have something to do with unexagerated ias u think?

Ok? Are you saying I exaggerated the life requirements because you can run MP10 with phenomenal defense and .6% less life than I quoted?

There are wizards that solo MP10 with just over 2.0 attack speed and 50% CC. I can survive MP10 but it's a waste of my time with my current dps. I'm sure it's better with 2.5 AS, but it certainly isn't a requirement.
Reply Quote
mp10 is possible even with low stats, just takes a while and a couple of deaths..damn you fallen maniacs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]