Diablo® III

Which class should I paragon 100? (no barbs)

I am looking for another class to level up in spare time when I don't play my barb. I am just not sure how other classes balance their dps and durability.

I was really interested in the monk, however the options for resists are pretty pathetic. Most monks go with One With Everything, which requires me to build sets of gear based simply on one aspect of resist (eg. Poison resist). That will either be way too costly for me or make it so that I cant find my ideal pieces. I was also interested in the Wiz or DH but the lack of healing abilities for the wiz made me really look away from ranged classes. DH is still up for grabs, but IMO there is no amazing defensive abilities and the damage isn't all that great.

Any opinions on another class? I can maybe do lifesteal on a wizard. I just want the balance of heals, damage and resists.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you do play Monk, ignore OWE. Its the easy way out many of us chose which in the end does nothing but cost you extra money and limit your item selection. It also prevents you from using Combination Strike or Beacon of Ytar (2 much better passives).
Reply Quote
I'm maining a loh wiz and its really fun, mind you i don't have the best gear but, its fun to see spells go everywhere and 2 sec later it all dies
Edited by Stolichnaya#1576 on 11/16/2012 5:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Kweefinator
You never mentioned Witch Doctor. So do a Witch Doctor.

I've considered WD, but I just really can't get into the play style haha. Plus a really good WD gets about 150k dps. Kind of low for me... Its like a ranged/tank class in my own view, but I would rather my barb over any other type of tank.

11/16/2012 05:05 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
If you do play Monk, ignore OWE. Its the easy way out many of us chose which in the end does nothing but cost you extra money and limit your item selection. It also prevents you from using Combination Strike or Beacon of Ytar (2 much better passives).

So AR is the best choice for monks I'm guessing.

11/16/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Stolichnaya
I'm maining a loh wiz and its really fun, mind you i don't have the best gear but, its fun to see spells go everywhere and 2 sec later it all dies

This is my main interest. Are there any other options aside from LOH or lifesteal for wiz?
Reply Quote
I have all 5 classes to 60 and completed inferno. IMHO, monk is the most fun to play with follow closely by WD. OWE is overrated and if you go to the monk forum, you will notice many high end monks are moving away from OWE.

Skills wise, as blizzard continue to insist monk is fine, the community has been coming up with very interesting builds. Example: Combinational strike as a passive is gaining popularity. SSS, exploding palms and WoL are getting used more often. Backlash rune is almost on par with overawe. And the other spirit generators are getting popular as people find more uses with them.

So I would say get a monk. RD is the other thing we fear but can be easily countered with LS and LOH.
Reply Quote
WD is the besttttttttttttttttttttt and Fun
Reply Quote
View profile
Go for mobility. DH has vault. Wiz has teleport. Barb has his own speedy stuff.

Level something that will get you through the level the fastest, given an ideal gear setup.
Reply Quote
WD is silly fun. I don't really farm with mine, but its a fun break from my monk to vomit frogs at people or summon zombie bears. ZOMBIE BEARS! You know the lore behind that is epic.

Monks, to me, are by far the most fun, because you just run around punching demons in the face. You don't even need to use the giant hammer you have equipped, you just put it away and punch them instead! So bad !@#
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Apoth
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.

d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups? it's a horrible experience, most of them are afk in their stash 90% of the time. plus you can't use mercs in multiplayer, why on earth would someone give up the mercs' benefits in single play?

To meet people and or play with friends. Having 3 other good players in a group could get you into other content.
Reply Quote
High end monks can afford to move away from OwE.

If you have the gold to spend and you decide to play a monk you don't need OwE. If you want it cheap decent gear with moderate AR + single resist of choice cost much less than the same gear with just High AR which everyone else is after. Also I'd suggest skipping the monk sets. They're cheap because they're generally considered worthless.
Reply Quote
Someone named "Blizzard" making a post intrgued me. But not near as much as looking at the gear the 3 lvl 60's are wearing. And then a community manager replies... to a post made by someone named "Blizzard"...

I almost feel trolled. o.0
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Blizzard
I've considered WD, but I just really can't get into the play style haha. Plus a really good WD gets about 150k dps. Kind of low for me... Its like a ranged/tank class in my own view, but I would rather my barb over any other type of tank.

Yes, it's harder to get DPS on a WD (since we don't really want to stack attack speed), but 1 DPS on a WD is more valuable than 1 DPS on any other class. Our spells are just more powerful. We are limited by mana, so you have to find creative ways to bypass that. But we use that dps with flying colours.

Zombie Bears, for example, does 236% weapon damage in a large area, and a single cast can hit enemies multiple times. So you have WDs spamming zombie bears, where the real targets are getting hit with at least 572% weapon damage per cast.

Give it a shot. I have played all classes, and they are my favourite.
Reply Quote
Dont play Monk, get a Wiz or WD more fun to play Monks gear are way to expensive.
Reply Quote
Wizard is the only class that has builds that can hold a candle to barbs atm. Critical MAss/Whirlwind wiz can permafreeze everything while at the same time being a walking bomb shooting lightning bolts at everything more than 3 times a second.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't know how far you plan on taking this new character OP, but from what I've read the last few days, WD seem to be the most upset about how their class handles high MP levels. Of the other 4, they all bring something to a group:

1. Monk - 24/48% dmg increase for whole group
2. Barbarian - 20/20% armor and resist increase for whole group
3. Wizard - if goes CM + coldsnap brings the most Crowd Control available to all classes
4. Demon Hunter - 12% dmg increase for whole group

In terms of usefulness I'd say its probably 3 > 1 > 2 > 4 at high MP levels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]