Diablo® III

Which class should I paragon 100? (no barbs)

I've been playing my wizard a lot lately, don't be discouraged of it's inability to heal itself with its own skills. Most or even all classes build items to accomplish this with either LS, LoH but one overlooked life generating resources is life regeneration. I've started stacking life regeneration on my wizard and wizards even have a passive that increases this so consider this before pushing it to the side.
Reply Quote
I think Monks have the potential to be the most fun if they ever decide to revamp its skills.
Reply Quote
the WD is the bomb, can turn very very little into a whole hell of a lot.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Apoth
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.

d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups? it's a horrible experience, most of them are afk in their stash 90% of the time. plus you can't use mercs in multiplayer, why on earth would someone give up the mercs' benefits in single play?

MP10 is fun with friends! :)

11/16/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.

This is very key! I usually play in groups when I don't have my grind/goldfind on. Majority of the time is solo grind for me. So I guess lifesteal may not be too important while in groups... Hmm...

Someone named "Blizzard" making a post intrgued me. But not near as much as looking at the gear the 3 lvl 60's are wearing. And then a community manager replies... to a post made by someone named "Blizzard"...

I almost feel trolled. o.0

After killing 10k elites and grinding as much gold as I have, I think that this isn't actually the top gear for my chars and it may actually be hiding in my stash somewhere :P

This is kind of difficult to choose now haha. Leaning towards the wiz, but may get 60 on the WD and monk for fun... Dh has become somewhat uninteresting because of their stereotypical style. Monk may be a close second, but I think I may choose the WD or Wizard because of their massive AR. Hmm..
Reply Quote
High end monks can afford to move away from OwE.

If you have the gold to spend and you decide to play a monk you don't need OwE. If you want it cheap decent gear with moderate AR + single resist of choice cost much less than the same gear with just High AR which everyone else is after. Also I'd suggest skipping the monk sets. They're cheap because they're generally considered worthless.

very true :) i don't use owe
Reply Quote
I love my monk to be completely honest, lots of fun. Also, I feel there is a ton of untapped potential with builds (though this is probably true for all classes). My vote goes to either Monk or WD.
Edited by skooo#1263 on 11/16/2012 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups? it's a horrible experience, most of them are afk in their stash 90% of the time. plus you can't use mercs in multiplayer, why on earth would someone give up the mercs' benefits in single play?

ah lets see. meeting more friends for one. helping others second.
Reply Quote

D3 is a group game, why on earth would any play solo? It's a horrible experience, most of your time is spent walking open terrain without fighting anything (particularly if you ever die) and you can't share loot drops. Plus even the worst human player is better than a merc which spends 90% of the time kneeling on the ground, and why on earth would anyone really care about getting an additional 3% Critical Hit Chance for ten seconds every five minutes?

I haven't played this game solo in months. I can't imagine playing it solo now. I'd want to kill myself.
Edited by Ammostiel#1897 on 11/16/2012 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't know how far you plan on taking this new character OP, but from what I've read the last few days, WD seem to be the most upset about how their class handles high MP levels. Of the other 4, they all bring something to a group:

1. Monk - 24/48% dmg increase for whole group
2. Barbarian - 20/20% armor and resist increase for whole group
3. Wizard - if goes CM + coldsnap brings the most Crowd Control available to all classes
4. Demon Hunter - 12% dmg increase for whole group

In terms of usefulness I'd say its probably 3 > 1 > 2 > 4 at high MP levels.

what skill increases dmg by 12% for the whole group?
Reply Quote
View profile
for dh they have marked for death for 12% dmg
wds can use big bad voodoo it does have gnarly cooldown tho
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This guide for Monks might be something you can read to help you decide if you want to play one. ;)
Reply Quote
Only farm with barbarian. They move the fastest therefor way better than the other classes.
Reply Quote

he knows that.

but thats his job.
Reply Quote

D3 is a group game, why on earth would any play solo? It's a horrible experience, most of your time is spent walking open terrain without fighting anything (particularly if you ever die) and you can't share loot drops. Plus even the worst human player is better than a merc which spends 90% of the time kneeling on the ground, and why on earth would anyone really care about getting an additional 3% Critical Hit Chance for ten seconds every five minutes?

I haven't played this game solo in months. I can't imagine playing it solo now. I'd want to kill myself.

D3 is a solo game don't kid urself.
Reply Quote
View profile
personally i love my monk. if OWE is putting you off a lil then just dont use it. the main reason people do is because it makes gear alot cheaper, but you can play w/o it. also ive been playing a WD for the past few days, and its been fun. might wanna try one of those.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 07:48 PMPosted by SgtAji

You're right. I have been just kidding myself since June.

How can I argue against such profound and eloquently stated logic.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Ammostiel

You're right. I have been just kidding myself since June.

How can I argue against such profound and eloquently stated logic.

If you're trying to lvl up paragon levels, soloing is definitely more efficient. Just talk to any hurricane barb. Everyone I used to play with has moved from groups to solo after the paragon system/ ubers became old news. I'm sure tons of people play in groups, but if i had to guess, i'd say most people play solo now.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Kweefinator
d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups?

Because it's more fun..
Reply Quote

oh you should try inferno hardcore party once and skype all your friends it's hella fun

solo is just kinda sad don't you think
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]