Diablo® III

Which class should I paragon 100? (no barbs)

Isn't 'Blizzard' supposed to be a restricted name or smth? O.o
Reply Quote
depends which character's your buddies use and i would pick a class that compliments it.

i use a monk and love it. my buddy plays a barb, and the two together are likely the deadliest pairing.

we have no trouble with mp10 ubers together.

his warcry and my damage buff take care of everything.

if you ever get the opportunity, try 4 monks together or 3 monks and a barb with a mix of 3 different mantra's dodge with armor buff, 48% dmg buff, heal with resistance bonus and warcry... simply simply deadly unstoppable.

as for resists and costs, yes it can be costly, but a strong mid to high end build only requires a total of around 600 resissts ( sum of all resistance plus resistance of your choice whcih is incredibly easy to obtain), 5-6k armor, 40% or greater crit chance, 400% crit dmg, 40-45k life, 30-40% attack speed, 2.8-3.0 LS, a tiny bit of LOH/life regen and 120-150 avg dmg from jewelry. This would give you an mp10 capable player, of course u will still die, and u will take time to kill, but its doable.

on top of this, you can get to paragon 100 quite quickly using the tempest rush build.. i manage around 45-50m xp /hr in mp0 while picking up gold, loot, opening chests and finding a lot of good loot.

if you use the cookie cutter sweeping wind, MoC overawe monk build as I do for my non farming build, your dps is actually 6-7x your character sheet displays.
Edited by nWc#1366 on 11/16/2012 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the Barb.

FYP
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Apoth
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.

d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups? it's a horrible experience, most of them are afk in their stash 90% of the time. plus you can't use mercs in multiplayer, why on earth would someone give up the mercs' benefits in single play?

Because some people have friends?
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:12 PMPosted by BossRigs
Only farm with barbarian. They move the fastest therefor way better than the other classes.

I sh!t all over/carry barbs

Next?

Congratulations. Your are truly a legend in your own mind.
Reply Quote
You never mentioned Witch Doctor. So do a Witch Doctor.

I've considered WD, but I just really can't get into the play style haha. Plus a really good WD gets about 150k dps. Kind of low for me... Its like a ranged/tank class in my own view, but I would rather my barb over any other type of tank.

If paper doll DPS is what matters to you, then play a demon hunter. By far the easiest class to get a big paper DPS number, even without Sharpshooter.

But I guarantee you that a 150k barb or WD is going to wipe the floor in terms of real damage compared to a 250k DPS DH.
Edited by VoxDeus#1305 on 11/16/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
wd brah...
i got 8 lvls left to go
Reply Quote
Shouldn't the community manager have better things to do?
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Ammostiel
D3 is a solo game don't kid urself.

You're right. I have been just kidding myself since June.

How can I argue against such profound and eloquently stated logic.

I'm not talking about when ur buddies carry you. I'm talking joining in on random games to farm with random players over dem inter nets. When is the last time you did that good sir? QFT
(Eloquent enough for you?) :)

This of course is since the last patch 1.05. 1.04 had a good reason to join in on random games.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:05 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
If you do play Monk, ignore OWE. Its the easy way out many of us chose which in the end does nothing but cost you extra money and limit your item selection. It also prevents you from using Combination Strike or Beacon of Ytar (2 much better passives).

..meanwhile you are using OWE.
Reply Quote
wd brah...
i got 8 lvls left to go

You can do it! <3 my wd
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Skittles
Isn't 'Blizzard' supposed to be a restricted name or smth? O.o

Lol, this was exactly what I was wondering. Looks like Blizzard's information about restricted names was wrong.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 11:03 PMPosted by SgtAji
I'm not talking about when ur buddies carry you.

I'm recruited for Uber battles. If there's anyone doing carrying, it's me.

I don't look at it like that, regardless. I play the game with people. They play it with me. It's collaborative. There's no carrying as far as I'm concerned.
I'm talking joining in on random games to farm with random players over dem inter nets. When is the last time you did that good sir?

Yesterday.
QFT

What are you quoting for truth?
This of course is since the last patch 1.05. 1.04 had a good reason to join in on random games.

A3 MP0 is just fine in 105. Everyone playing pubs now is in A3.
(Eloquent enough for you?) :)

No.

The phrase "dem inter nets" belittles your intelligence.

Ur is a city from ancient Babylon, and it is not a word in modern English.
Reply Quote
Ah yes One With Everything. If and if you ever want to make a monk your Paragon 100 goal, do not, and I really mean this with the best of intentions, do not ever take OWE.

Yes, gearing for OWE makes things easy (and affordable). But it takes up one precious passive slot (which is huge), and it's going to be a crutch that will hold you back as you edge towards uber upgrades. Don't do it.

Yes yes my monk isn't the 100+ dps monster with 700+ resists and 7k armor and cannot farm MP10. But you know what? For what I am able to do, I enjoy myself (To some extent).

I'm content, and actually pleased with myself that I managed to avoid OWE. Again, don't do it. It'll hold you back.
Reply Quote
or use owe to your advantage kuz its there... durrr
Reply Quote
Go with Monk. They are amazing in Groups because of AWE where you are increasing group damage by 48%. That is a staggering increase. A group with an AWE Monk is the best Group.

For solo, Barb is far far far above the rest as they can solo all mp levels.
Reply Quote

Ur is a city from ancient Babylon, and it is not a word in modern English.

Look it up in the urban dictionary. Also see prissy and dueche (3).
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Dubz
Shouldn't the community manager have better things to do?

hoooo... easy. Don't shoot the messenger. Community manager only share information when they are asked/authorized to do so. This is their job. Meanwhile, their job is to listen to the feedback. That imply reading the forum extensively. So by reading the forum you might encounter some question you might want to answer. That does not interfere with their job by any mean. Keep calm, information will come at some point. There is nothing more we can do about it since a lot of people (including me, but maybe also you) already complained that too less information is shared.

11/16/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Blizzard
I was also interested in the Wiz or DH but the lack of healing abilities for the wiz made me really look away from ranged classes.

It is not that bad actually. (well in fact it is bad but you know... :D)
It pains me that the wizard is forced to specialize in one unique build to be comparable with some other classes. I am speaking of Critical mass/wicked wind/forst nova. Essentially because, except if you have godly gear, it only imply to do the dirty job for the other classes. It does not feel that heroic right?

However there is other build that exist. Of course they are quite challenging for the same amount of gold spent. I will not say underpower because I don't like this word. But even if it is the hard way my piece of advice is to consider a wizard since this is the class I enjoy the most for his versatility. The only thing I hate about wizard is the fact that you cannot do anything without critical mass pas MP3. If OWE feels mandatory for a monk, wait to see critical mass. Also, if you are looking for proc ratio of the wizard, the us post was outdated last time I checked so come share the love in EU :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]