Diablo® III

Which class should I paragon 100? (no barbs)

Make a Wd you wont be disappointed. I've played every class except barb at 60, and by far wd has been the best. its a pain due to the mana regen but its very very worth it in the end. And for the people saying wd dont bring anything to a group im pretty sure slam dance a 20% AS and 30% dmg buff is solid for any packs/boss's. cuz lets face it your usually rolling whites. idk I think you should role WD I have had great experiences with it so far, 193k dps helps too though.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Blizzard
Any opinions on another class? I can maybe do lifesteal on a wizard. I just want the balance of heals, damage and resists.

I tell you this, I'm playing a WD since launch. Even before 1.0.4, I didn't regret the class I have chosen. I don't really mind if I can't do mp10 or not, but I can enjoy myself and have a blast when playing my zombie bear WD. I'd not recommend you this class if you're all about a guarantee. You might not like the playstyle or have other kind of second thoughts about this class..

Me? Well, I rolled the class and never looked back..
When I was in closed beta, I heard my WD reply to the templar's question when he asked "Are you ever afraid in battle?",
He said, "Fear is a part of life. If you live, you fear."

The moment I saw this dialogue I knew I was never going to regret it. But then again, there were a lot of people who are/were not so fond of the story elements as I have been ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
11/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Apoth
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.

d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups? it's a horrible experience, most of them are afk in their stash 90% of the time. plus you can't use mercs in multiplayer, why on earth would someone give up the mercs' benefits in single play?

huh? My experience has been great so far. No afkers that I can remember.
Reply Quote
Monk or WD for fun factor. Monk would be a blast if it was not so under-developed.
Reply Quote
I am looking for another class to level up in spare time when I don't play my barb. I am just not sure how other classes balance their dps and durability.

I was really interested in the monk, however the options for resists are pretty pathetic. Most monks go with One With Everything, which requires me to build sets of gear based simply on one aspect of resist (eg. Poison resist). That will either be way too costly for me or make it so that I cant find my ideal pieces. I was also interested in the Wiz or DH but the lack of healing abilities for the wiz made me really look away from ranged classes. DH is still up for grabs, but IMO there is no amazing defensive abilities and the damage isn't all that great.

Any opinions on another class? I can maybe do lifesteal on a wizard. I just want the balance of heals, damage and resists.

Paragon level whatever class you enjoy the most, that's not such a hard question now is it?
Reply Quote
Auction House is down if you haven't noticed. Thanks
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Apoth
While you’re deciding which class to play and what kind of builds you'll use, you may want to consider the amount of solo versus group play the character will do since that can sometimes make a big difference.

d3 is a solo game, why on earth would any play in groups? it's a horrible experience, most of them are afk in their stash 90% of the time. plus you can't use mercs in multiplayer, why on earth would someone give up the mercs' benefits in single play?

ubers/hardcore

cant expect anyone who posts to actually know anything about d3 tho
Reply Quote
I have gone away from the typical CM/Archon Wizard build and went full on lightning.

As a ranged class I really enjoy my build. If i run into too much trouble i can simply kite circles around the enemy while my damage skills are punishing. Storm armor/Hydra together while i kite gets the job done. Then when the hordes come and it seems like i will be overwhelmed - i throw out electrocute with lightning blast rune (100% pierce everytime) is awesome. A moderate attack speed of 2.2 and electrocute puts out 5 - 6 100% piercing blasts per second, sweet..

Then there is what i use for defense. Obviously diamond skin is the main one. One of my passives has made teleport a very effective tool. Illusionist really works good on a low armor character as when i get hit - it is usually for a lot of damage, and thusly illusionist kicks in. In the heat of battle as i kite and get hit, my teleport is almost allways at the ready, which is sooo nice.. HOP, HOP, HOP - fight, kite, HOP, HOP , HOP..rinse and repeat..

then there is also another passive that takes the form of a defensive ability, Unstable Anomaly - very good skill as well... When i get hit for a lot of damage UA kicks in, gives me health back and knocksback all enemy. Very good for surviving. Gives me that extra second or 2..

I have been playing with storm armor and am still undecided if i like thunder strike or shocking aspect better.. both work well, but with alot if crit chance the shocking aspect comes out more, Hydras crit alot it seems - not sure what it's proc rate is. I heard Blizzard say they are treating Hydras like pets and will have LOH work for them.. Them magic weapon also has a rune that will bring forth more lightning while attacking, while very low damage (10%) it does add up as electrocute comes out so fast and hits multiple targets in every shot..

Another big bonus to this build is i never - ever have to worry about my arcane power running out, doesn't happen.. I do not use apoc items - no need for this build..

I made this build with the understanding that i am not going to be playing over MP2 - really, there is no need to go any higher unless you are farming ubers for ring pieces. If you check my gear - you will see i am only a moderate Wiz, 108k dps unbuffed. most expensive item is tals armor - 4 mil. weapon was 2mil. the gear is cheap..

I hope this gives the OP some more insight into a ranged wizard and what i do for survival.

Most important thing is - Have fun in there.
Edited by UnifiedEarth#1427 on 11/18/2012 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am a CM wizard and damn proud. I freeze everyone and they can suck it. Everyone I ever party with loves me since all I do is stand in the middle of big groups and freeze, lol. Wizard rocks bcause you can teleport with wormhole everywhere. It kinda sucks because my hands get tired but it feels so good to do a nova build, which I dreamed of keeping indefinitely.
Reply Quote
This a great guide, can't wait untill its finished.
Reply Quote
I don't know how far you plan on taking this new character OP, but from what I've read the last few days, WD seem to be the most upset about how their class handles high MP levels. Of the other 4, they all bring something to a group:

1. Monk - 24/48% dmg increase for whole group
2. Barbarian - 20/20% armor and resist increase for whole group
3. Wizard - if goes CM + coldsnap brings the most Crowd Control available to all classes
4. Demon Hunter - 12% dmg increase for whole group

In terms of usefulness I'd say its probably 3 > 1 > 2 > 4 at high MP levels.

Actually the monk mantra that increases damage by 24% to 48% does not apply to a group...only the monk. :/
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Fuha
I've been playing my wizard a lot lately, don't be discouraged of it's inability to heal itself with its own skills. Most or even all classes build items to accomplish this with either LS, LoH but one overlooked life generating resources is life regeneration. I've started stacking life regeneration on my wizard and wizards even have a passive that increases this so consider this before pushing it to the side.

If they fixed Hydra and let it give you life on hit along with other abilities it wouldn't be such an issue...
Reply Quote

I have been playing multiplayer a lot. The only thing that I notice is that when you start an event, there's always somebody that runs the timer to max. Otherwise, it's a mad rush to kill things as quickly as possible, which more than makes up for time lost on events.

Edit: after a bit more experience on my wizard, DH has far better mobility and can burst through far more of a level's empty space than a wizard. I recommend DH.
Edited by Stinkyfinger#1801 on 11/18/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'd suggest any one of the ranged classes. Well, besides WZ.
Reply Quote
Actually the monk mantra that increases damage by 24% to 48% does not apply to a group...only the monk. :/

Completely false. Any monsters affected by the Conviction aura will take 24% damage (48% for a few seconds after it's cast). Granted, the aura doesn't affect everything on the screen, but safe to say that if the monk is engaging it, it is affected.

EDIT: I looked it up, it's 20 yard radius around the monk. Where on earth did you get your information?

EDIT 2: I see I wasn't the only one to give the name "Shaolin" to my monk :)
Edited by Agamemnicon#1713 on 11/18/2012 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Quash

To meet people and or play with friends. Having 3 other good players in a group could get you into other content.

There's no "other content". After a few hours of play you see it all. And when you start farming it's a real pain to see the same small areas again and again...
Reply Quote
Monk with Skorn and lots of spirit regen with Tempest Rush is faster than Barb.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Quash

To meet people and or play with friends. Having 3 other good players in a group could get you into other content.

Blizzard wants this to be a solo game. When it first launched there was like 40,000 public games now theres only 400. This is a solo game if it was meant to be a group game there would be far more than 400 public games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]