Diablo® III

zunimassa's pox overrated?

Was just wondering others opinion of the zunimassa's pox. It seems like every WD has one but many of the rings have sub par rolls. Dont get me wrong.. a good pox that would be a good upgrade could cost 300+ million but anything less may not be an upgrade. The added int with a 2 piece set is nice but it just seems alot of people are wearing them just to be fashionable. Without CC and or IAS it seems gold may be better well spent on a rare or legendary with the trifecta roll. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Just a necessary step on the way to the must-have Zuni set.
Reply Quote
The mana on kill from having four pieces of the set is huge. If you're wielding a 2-H, you're pretty much locked into it.

If you're willing to run a String to free a slot, Pox is usually the piece that goes. The fixed affixes aren't bad, but they're capped at ilvl 62 levels and that's a significant amount of potential to give up.
Reply Quote
I still roll a pox even with a strings what you sacrifice in that slot isn't worth nearly as much as what you gain.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Jimbob
I still roll a pox even with a strings what you sacrifice in that slot isn't worth nearly as much as what you gain.

This is only because you're running AC. For that and Dogs, you want Visage. The rest of us don't.

I forgot another key point about Pox (which tends to explain the prices) - Wizards generally want to run the Tal chest and run Zuni's Trail and Pox.
Reply Quote
I lost nearly 5k dps getting that ring since I bought my Skorn. The mana regen from the 4 set... if it isn't mandatory it's OCD for me at this point. So yes, the ring by itself is overrated IMO. My enchantress on my Barb wound up with my yellow lol.
Reply Quote
well if you aren't using a two-handed weapon, you are better off buying the string instead. I was hesitant because i didn't want to lose the +20 yard bonus from TotD, but it was certainly an upgrade in DPS and i m effectively running GI with only +7 anyways. It's either way one of the two best mojos you can buy (the other one being the ukh serpent ofc), while zuni's pox is usually one of your worst choices regarding the money spent on it.

that fact about wizards is true, but most people out there (with the exception of the totally rich ones) want to get into the set fashion and grab that +130 intell while they would get much more dps and int spending the same or less for much better rare boots/rings.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:30 AMPosted by SquallXIII
that fact about wizards is true, but most people out there (with the exception of the totally rich ones) want to get into the set fashion and grab that +130 intell while they would get much more dps and int spending the same or less for much better rare boots/rings.

The +% damage on Zuni's Trail pretty much makes it optimal in the slot.

Once you're wearing the one piece already, it's impossible to beat out a Pox that comes with an extra +130 Int from the set bonus.
Reply Quote
A decent zunnis will be a big upgrade, Mine upgraded 10K dps
Reply Quote
only problem is its expensive imo
Reply Quote
gotta have the set!! there is no getting around it and i dont like the zunni mojo could never give up the pickup radius on the thing of the deep i can not play without it now
Edited by THEMINISTER#1611 on 11/17/2012 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 12:39 PMPosted by THEMINISTER
gotta have the set!! there is no getting around it and i dont like the zunni mojo could never give up the pickup radius on the thing of the deep i can not play without it now

the pickup radius is nice... but it's especially great with certain builds that want to use Circle of Life or Grave Injustice (ect) where it's necessary.

i have all 3 of the 'big' mojos - Serpent, Zuni's and a Thing and i never, ever take off the Thing.
Reply Quote
The problem with Zuni pox, is the Zuni set itself. There are only 5 pieces but you need 4 to complete the set. The Zuni mojo blows because it has no crit, thus lowering its dps dramatically, forcing WD's into using the Zuni pox. Zuni Pox + Hellfire Ring will be 99% of the WD's combo's until they hit Paragon 100. So, overrated? I think not. Necessary? I think so.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Knytul
The problem with Zuni pox, is the Zuni set itself. There are only 5 pieces but you need 4 to complete the set. The Zuni mojo blows because it has no crit, thus lowering its dps dramatically, forcing WD's into using the Zuni pox. Zuni Pox + Hellfire Ring will be 99% of the WD's combo's until they hit Paragon 100. So, overrated? I think not. Necessary? I think so.

zuni's mojo can have up to 10 cc.. wtf you takling about, it also has bonus vs elites, and reduction. There isn't any difference between a top UK serpent and SOS anymore US is just cheaper because every one has crit, and SOS it's a random roll.

Pox is still a nice ring no matter how you cut it. AR, Int, and CD. + The possibility of 3 other stats it can roll as good as any ring in the game except for Unity, and SOJ because of the damage vs elites but the set bonuses out way the small differences and that's why you have 2 ring slots.
Reply Quote
A good roll Pox is really good but the problem is it's freaking expensive...
Reply Quote
Only crit chance pox are ridiculously priced. The others are fair given they become best combo in slot due to trails like mentioned above
Reply Quote
yes,

Why are the crit chance pox ridiculously priced??? Even 3% crit chance sometimes goes beyond 50m which to me is absurb!! I see a lot of them available in the AH but doesn't go down...
Reply Quote
I went Helm, boots, mojo, ring to leave the chest open for Tal's chest piece
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's value is high but less than the demand. Come on, imagine a trifecta pox, is there a better ring?
Reply Quote
my perfect pox would have double int roll, armour or vit and 6cc, I can get the IAS else where 6cc on the other hand.. a bit harder to come by
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 11/17/2012 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]