Diablo® III

zunimassa's pox overrated?

no its not overrated imo, depends on what content you are trying to contend with.

for 2h users, i would argue its almost necessary for sustained high dps.

and a good one is obviously better.
Reply Quote
IMO (as 2h user), overrated. Obviously, the only saving grace is the Zuni 4-piece bonus. If you just look at the ring stats itself, you can buy better for about 1/10 of the cost.

With a Visage, you can get 14 mana regen, so completing the Zuni set would only give +6 mana regen (don't get me wrong, +6 mana regen would still be nice though). If I spent 400 mil or so, I could maybe get a Zuni helm and Pox that could compete with my VoG and Hellfire (a combo that cost me about 30 mil). I would still lose DPS from AC bonus affix on VoG though.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 11/18/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
IMO (as 2h user), overrated. Obviously, the only saving grace is the Zuni 4-piece bonus. If you just look at the ring stats itself, you can buy better for about 1/10 of the cost.

With a Visage, you can get 14 mana regen, so completing the Zuni set would only give +6 mana regen (don't get me wrong, +6 mana regen would still be nice though). If I spent 400 mil or so, I could maybe get a Zuni helm and Pox that could compete with my VoG and Hellfire (a combo that cost me about 30 mil). I would still lose DPS from AC bonus affix on VoG though.

Don't forget the potential of 14 mana/sec from Zuni Vision. Your are really comparing 6% CC and a skill bonus (VoG) to 20 mana/sec and 10 mana/kill (4 pc Zuni) and 125-150 mana Zuni Vision.

The ring comparison should be between Pox and the most replacable of your 2 rings, which won't likely be your hellfire ring. Unity or SoJ most likely. And again you have to wiegh the gain against the 4 pc zuni bonus. Is CC Zuni overpriced, yes. Is it overated, I wouldn't say so myself. (as a 2H user that alternates between Bears, AC, and SB builds depending on content)

For both Bears and AC builds the extra 20 mana/sec and 10 mana/kill far outwieghs any other stat you can get. For SB (used for Ubers/key farming) I could do without it, but farming is much faster with the other 2 skills.
Reply Quote
I'm a wizard and this ring is definitely not overrated. A lil pricy I dont think so too. I paid 17mil for mine and it was a must have over my yellow. I love it and dont regret getting it. I go with 3 piece zuni and 2 piece tal for my wizard and its an awesome dps and AR upgrade.

I was willing to pay a lil more some even cheaper than 17mil but i wanted one with avg dmg! It is a great ring and no doubt zuni is a great set in the game!

and if i can afford the ones with cc in it i would definitely get it...but atm i dont think its worth the price just yet.
Edited by azndevil555#1521 on 11/19/2012 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
@OP

This conversation is a little off the rails. You have 3 Tal Rasha pieces and it's giving you nothing in the way of set bonuses, so of course it seems like a wast of money to buy a decent one. You're missing the point of the Pox, and set bonuses in general. A pox shouldn't really be considered as a stand alone item, and you should be thinking about bonuses that will benifit you.

I'd recommend considering mana management, life steal/LOH, and your overall hp, in addition to DPS and magic find which you're clearly prioritizing. Food for thought :-P
Reply Quote
@OP
This conversation is a little off the rails. You have 3 Tal Rasha pieces and it's giving you nothing in the way of set bonuses, so of course it seems like a wast of money to buy a decent one. You're missing the point of the Pox, and set bonuses in general. A pox shouldn't really be considered as a stand alone item, and you should be thinking about bonuses that will benifit you.

I have an off-topic thing to say. Your Hellfire ring is god-like.. wow.
Reply Quote
I have two other zunis, so the set bonus is the AR for myself. Mine isn't that great, but I still put it on for ubers. Survivability is just too important.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]