Diablo® III

Need advise from PRO monk...

to get pass 100k dsp barrier has been a headache for me.
Im actually trying to do an upgrade without sacrificing my Life steal, life after kill, armor and resistance.
I can do MP4-5 but anything above tht is die like there is no tomorrow.
Please advise things i need to change in order for me to upgrade my dps and also in terms of survivability.

Please view my profile and suggest for upgrades.
i have only less than 20m to spend.
Reply Quote
Im not a pro by any means, but a couple things you could try would be to upgrade your gems. The weapons gems make a big difference. Also, try to find some rings and amulet with plus average damage. Something like 40 average damage (ex: 20-40 dam or so, like my rings) will also add a nice boost to your dps and are not too expensive if youre patient. Both of my rings combined were under 6mil and I got them both on bids, so just keep an eye on the bidding part of the GAH
Reply Quote
Thanksssss....one more question, dont you hate tht Fear on your echoing fury?.......it sucks dont they.....
Reply Quote
I ain't no pro, I'm just a young padawan. ;'(

but you need to use this, m'kay.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abhgYS!XgU!accYcc

(use that build and you'll be able to do MP6 with your current gear)

--------------------------------------

now you will need to gain more armor, until you reach 5000.
Also, you need another amulet, that's the first thing you gotta do right now.

Get one that has these exact following stats.

- +xy damage (high)
- dexterity (high)
- life on hit (from 250 to 400) (you already have some on ring, so too much is not necessary)
- critical hit chance (around 7%)
- critical hit damage (around 50%)

+ some vitality if possible
+ single resistance if possible
* (attack speed together with those stats would be insanely expensive, don't need it on amulet)

also, from the looks of your progress and gearing patterns, you are not ready for 100k dps yet.
Take your time, you're fine where you are right now. Don't get obsessed with dps, it's counterproductive, balance is what you want.
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 11/16/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
also, from the looks of your progress and gearing patterns, you are not ready for 100k dps yet.
Take your time, you're fine where you are right now. Don't get obsessed with dps, it's counterproductive, balance is what you want.

This.

And don't get too obsessed with LoH. When you get your armor, resistances and HP up to snuff (and maintain a minimum of 400K EHP), you'll find that you'll need less sustain to survive, although you may need more smart, tactical play with certain affixes. You might not really need LoH any more and could consider branching into lesser desired forms of sustain (I'm beginning to love LpSS again). When you consider how much DPS you may be giving up to maintain LoH (and in turn, how much you may be able to get back via LS), you may discover that LoH might not worth keeping for this reason as well.
Reply Quote
ur weapon with no survivability, upgrade that one. look at my sword that can easily bump u over 100k. ur helm needs a socket so next time u can have a vit gem so u wont have to depend on things like ur belt to give u vit. u can a witching hour if thats the case.
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl
agree with ya that i needed an amulet. kinda look through possible upgrade but anything close to wud u said is already freaking expensive not to say cc,cd + attck speed.
Just broke my bank buying the ring that @RoxPD1470 recomended.

@Nameless
im having all in abit here n there.
2.6% life steal
230 Life Regen
240 Life on Hit
3.2k Life after kill
in what way do u see it as a balance?

@Prodigy
weapons with no survivability? which 1 do u mean? main or offhand?
as for helm its a yes tht inna radiance is a much more suitable 1 BUT as gold is concern
i do not have tht much of a money to buy.

Thank you all for your valuable comment and advise.
looking forward for more advise.
Reply Quote
Looking at your gear reminds me of myself :)
Reply Quote
I know this is probably not what you are asking for, but I'll walk you through some of my thought process as I look at your gear -- I might not be accurate in my assessment, I don't pretend to be an expert, this is just a perspective. I won't address LoH and sustain right now... there's a bunch of other fundamental pieces that have grabbed my attention.

I don't want to play monday-morning-quarterback with your gearing choices, but I guess I'll start my feedback in broad strokes and you can take what you will out of it. I am not a fan of using both Inna's chest and Inna's pants because I am giving up far too much res, armor and vit in those two key defensive positions that are fundamental to our monk for survival sake. In both of those slots, we have a max roll of 300 for vit PLUS we have a total of 5 open sockets to make up for dex shortages should we have some. A reasonable expectation is to have around decent dex (cumulative 150 not including sockets) & 450 vit (75% of the max roll and not pay through the nose to get that since for some reason, high vit is not as highly valued in those slots as high dex or other primaries) covered in those two slots alone if you were to just do rares, and it would mean less ground to have to make up in some other key slots. For me, I'm already feeling it the loss of vit on my pants and I have to make up for the loss in high vit in some other slots, making it hard for me to upgrade my way out of my boots without signifncant hits to my EHP.

For you, this gearing choice may have left you in a precarious position to feeling you have to make up for lack of AR & Armor in those two key slots by having to make up for it in other slots, and the trickle down effect is that it means you are asking your jewellery to make up for those losses while still demanding that it gives you a significant damage boost. Also having a requirement that you need sustain in those key spots (jewellery) makes those pieces that also give you good damage output to be very expensive. I'm having a hard time finding a weapon that will give me LS without putting a huge dent in my DPS. I'm assuming that finding a jewellery item that gives you vit, resistance, LoH with +average damage / +ChD, +IAS, +ChC and +dex to be pretty expensive if not impossible to find, yet that's kind of what you need to improve your DPS AND maintain survivability. That's going to be very tricky to upgrade those slots - especially your amulet because of the significant amount of vit and +armor you have there. The ammy is so key in offensive output -- you have access to 100% ChD there... it's nuts, plus IAS, high dex, average damage and ChC. It's almost a waste to have to worry about defensive stuff in there. In my view, that leaves for a very expensive upgrade path in a position that can be seen as key in your quest to improve your DPS. My gearing philsophy is to do what I can to keep defensive affixes off of my jewellery as best I can -- and this is why I love the rings on my monk right now (and they didn't cost much... you could afford them both combined with your 20M).

This is why I am a proponent of being very selective with the legendaries and sets you opt for. I'm already feeling the pinch of losing some key defensive stats in my pants, and to a lesser extent, my helm... I had a chance to get the chest piece and I had to turn down the trade offer because it would have cost me far more gold to make up for defensive losses. In your case, your helm is losing out on +armor and +AR, chest is missing out on +resists (primary and AR) +armor, and pants are losing out on +AR and +Armor, not to mention any of the built-in vit that those slots should already have (as mentioned earlier).

So in my view there is may be no simple or cheap way out, outside of either farming and hoping for the mega-drop or to re-gear and let go of some the pieces you are attached to and re-thinking your gear. The latter will be a difficult decision to make and I wouldn't suggest that unless you are convinced of the longer term benefits.

I might be wrong here, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 11/17/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
good post, Nameless, the Force is strong in you. ;D
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:13 PMPosted by LordRaahl
good post, Nameless, the Force is strong in you. ;D

Ha! Thanks for the compliment! :)

Oh and forgot to mention... For guides on how to gear wisely and efficiently, please read either or both of these guides (and I think LordRaahl's guide will blow your mind with great info about monks):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435884
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435708
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 11/17/2012 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl
@Nameless
@Prodigy
@RoxPD1470

you sir, the most helpful monk.
thank for your precious time and advise.
May the best legendaries showers you~!!! =D
Reply Quote
Less than 20 mill to spend and want to go over 100 million is an oxymoron. Getting great gear is super cheap. Getting it a little better (to go over 100 while still tanking) jumps up exponentially.

Looking at your build you need more lifesteal (which gets better as your dps improves) plus LOH for bosses. and you want crazy crit as that is exponential.
Edited by BattleGod#1140 on 11/18/2012 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl
@Nameless
@Prodigy
@RoxPD1470
@BattleGod

Guys i have done some upgrade with a little help from my friend.
Still cant BREAK the 100k DPS barrier.
Any idea what have i done wrong here?
Followed the advise but still stuck thr..
almost there but aint there yet. =/
Reply Quote
@LordRaahl
@Nameless
@Prodigy
@RoxPD1470
@BattleGod

Guys i have done some upgrade with a little help from my friend.
Still cant BREAK the 100k DPS barrier.
Any idea what have i done wrong here?
Followed the advise but still stuck thr..
almost there but aint there yet. =/

You havent done anything "wrong" at all. 100k dps is just a nice accomplishment, but it means nothing if you cant sustain at that dps. Looking at your monk, I think your resists and HP are in a good spot. I would try to increase your armor some, shooting for ~5k or more (i know mine is a little low atm, and Im trying to increase it) Right now you're kind of in a spot where youre gonna be rounding out your items, trying to improve on the stats you've already built. Also, adding more dex will also add more armor when using STI. Besides the armor being just a little low, I think your monk looks fairly solid overall, and I would just focus on improving your current stats. It takes time and effort, so dont expect results overnight. Just keep an eye in the AH and keep grinding...you'll get there
Reply Quote
31 Orc Shaman
Getting at least 100 dex, and 5 crit chance on your bracers would take you over the hump.
Reply Quote
Quite honestly looking at your profile, i think you can afford to drop that belt for an inna's favor.... spend 10 mil on an innas favor with 150 dex and 8% holy damage and that will put you over 100k dps easy. there really isnt a need for 45k hp and 750 all res
Reply Quote
Personally I think you could afford to lose a bit of Vitality to get some extra Dex.

Also, it's time to upgrade those Emeralds on your weapons. At this point, you should expect to spend 10m+ on all upgrades, and the Emeralds will generally hold their value over time even in the unlikely event that you don't need them anymore, so it's well worth paying to buy them.

I'd craft them for you but man it takes a lot of time, so...
Reply Quote
@Totemnmpnts
ahhh, That would be a nice idea. Thx~!

@Tarzan
you seriously think so?
that would actually reduce my overall RESISTANCE & VIT as well.

@RoxPD1470
In order to sustain everything and to boost DPS + armor its a VERY VERY difficult + EXPENSIVE
thing to do.
i will try to boost my armor to a minimum 5k since its essential.
1 more thing is there anything parts you think i should ditch for a decent upgrading?

What do u think about my weapons?

Thank you guys~!
Reply Quote
@Sorak
i was thinking about tht too....radiant star now cost over 20m/pcs -_-"
which the recent upgrading cost me a fortune.

cheers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]