Diablo® III

DPS Dummy!

It would be really nice if Blizzard could implant Dummies in town for us to test our actual DPS with different builds.

The character sheet is vastly inaccurate for many reasons.

It would be really nice if you can make a customizable dummy(include size, hp and stuffs), and a timer option, so it automatically starts the timer when you starting attacking and tells you how much damage you did at the end.

Thumb up if you would like this implanted!
Reply Quote
Don't forget that you also want a pet to take your stuff back to town to sell and to buy potions for you! ;)
Reply Quote
Awesome idea!! I also play Everquest on an emu server and there's a couple different dummies in the arena that have customizable settings like this and then parse the info for you and give the results. It's absolutely killer for testing different gear.
/Triple-thumbs-up!!
Edited by Akiz#1131 on 11/16/2012 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think that would be an AWESOME idea. a dummy that you could own in town test out new builds. great thought! customizable size, resists, size, all that. would be very helpful
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Stupid idea is stupid. If you want to hit a test dummy go play World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
Please thumb up and request stickie if you like the idea!
Reply Quote
Maybe if you could choose the skin on the dummy say like... Sheablo... Wilson the Monster... etc...

Otherwise no.
Reply Quote
Ghom and Azmodan are usually good test dummys
Reply Quote
Don't forget a quantity of dummies. Some skills work best with groups of 5+ but a good idea!
Reply Quote
View profile
Can I use Deckard Cain as a test dummy?
Reply Quote
I use to play EQ2, you could drop a dummy in your guild hall and test out your dps anytime you wanted. That would be cool for D3.
Reply Quote
This would be fun! If there was a counter on top of the dummy that would show the actual DPS inflicted and record the top number as well as the average PDS over a few seconds, it could make for a very effective solution to improve your build, as well as make some friendly competition between teamates.
Reply Quote
yeah but with this idea there could be a "training area" where u could test out builds on a whole bunch of dumbies. these dummies could also be customized to certian monsters abilities, affixes ect. and if u die u wouldnt lose gold or have a respawn timer
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Saberfenix
the dps dummy will tell u nothing about your own defences. i could easily make a 350k unbuffed barb but he would prob die in one hit.

That's a very valid point. Aside from Reflect, it wouldn't tell you much at all about your defenses. Maybe have option to choose an offensive, defensive, or BOTH kind of dummies?

In Everquest, the dummies are strictly defensive. You can select from quite a few options that deal primarily with their HP and AC. From trash mobs that are going to die with a couple hits(to test your burst power), to full-out Raid-level dummies with millions of HP and high AC that literally take 2-mins to kill.(Which gives you an awesome idea of your "sustained dps" over the course of a long fight)

When done, it tells you how much damage you did total, what your biggest hit was, what the average DPS was over course of fight, how much damage pet did (if pet class).
Reply Quote
better rework this crap paper dps and give us dps per each skill used
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:54 AMPosted by dexterkiller

Oooh, and can work your top DPS from any given skill into a tiny little number next to the skill icon on your profile. So, the best DPS I'm able to obtain out of say... Rapid Fire... will show right next to the skill icon in my profile.
Be kind of like another mini-trophy to show off in your pub profile.
Would need tiny little baby icons showing any buffs you had on at the time of data-gathering though, to make it fair.
Reply Quote

Oooh, and can work your top DPS from any given skill into a tiny little number next to the skill icon on your profile. So, the best DPS I'm able to obtain out of say... Rapid Fire... will show right next to the skill icon in my profile.
Be kind of like another mini-trophy to show off in your pub profile.
Would need tiny little baby icons showing any buffs you had on at the time of data-gathering though, to make it fair.

sry but no crap like u said intended
in details window or how is called i would like to see a more detailed skills damage and dps for each of the 6 skills
and for ur sake let it be visible only ingame and not on online profile
Edited by dexterkiller#2459 on 11/17/2012 11:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
thumbs up for dps dummy.
Reply Quote
like in Dungeon Defenders! I like this idea!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]