Diablo® III

Lousy Legendary drop rates this weekend...

I'm usually good for 4-6 drops in a 3-4 hours of play. Since yesterday, I've dinged 2 Paragon levels yet zero drops. Not complaining, just wondering if others are experiencing this or am I just really running some really bad luck.

Running MP7, 450+ MF with 5 Stacks

Side question: Didn't I read somewhere that Blizz was going to gear lego drops to be more class specific to your toon? In the past 2 weeks, I've had enough WD set item drops to deck out 3 WD's yet hardly any Barbarian set items.
Reply Quote
ding 2 lvl too, 4 set items , 16 legends... all turned to brimstone
Reply Quote
I hear ya, gratz on the Quantity Easter, sorry bout the Quality.... I know that feeling. I gotta go dig me a new well.
Reply Quote
14 legendaries in 7 hours, fits my average.
Reply Quote
View profile
Between the outrageous accumulation of bots and all the monks farming mp 10 with 2million dps exploit, the ah has gone to utter crap with flooding of legendary/set items. Blizzard has to occasionally reduce drop rates on 63 items to ensure there is not a steady flow of set item and good 63 legendary items entering ah everyday.

After a 1000 hours of playing you will notice these trends happening day in and day out. I also farm with 520-625% MF and play 4-8 hours a day so my opinion is quite valid on this subject. I see anywhere from 50-100 legendary a week and can obviously notice when the 63/set are near impossible to find. It has nothing to do with RNG, it's how they maintain the gold value and sustain a reasonable economy. If Blizzard didn't do anything to ensure this, the gold value would be 0.1 cents and ALL the legendary/set in ah would be 10k gold.
Edited by Xcalibur#1814 on 11/18/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/18/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Elexar

How many were set or 63?
Reply Quote
I would have to agree with you Xcalibur, the Brimstone market is flourishing!
Reply Quote
Blizzard has to occasionally reduce drop rates on 63 items to ensure there is not a steady flow of set item and good 63 legendary items entering ah everyday.

[citation needed]
Reply Quote
The last 20 hours of farming got me a Hellrack, I am thankful! Guess I'll lay low for a while...
Reply Quote
firts week after path: 30 legendaries
This week: only one
Reply Quote
Two runs of clearing 80% of Act 3 at 400 MF, one legendary. At least it was Lacuni Prowlers with 100+ dex and vitality.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Xcalibur

How many were set or 63?

17/11/2012
sunkeeper
lamentation
the tormentor
the sultan of blinding sand
firewalkers
ageless might
IK boulder breaker
ice climbers
inna's vast expanse

18/11/2012
hellrack
the tormentor
litany of the undaunted
tasker nad theo
gladiator gauntlets

You can count them yourself if you want.
Reply Quote
me too... im barely finding anything ! :( and whatever I find is sh1t
Reply Quote
NUMBERS, HOW DO THEY WORK?
Reply Quote
I disagree with OP. I found 8 legendaries this weekend. I never found that much. And I did not play more than usual.

And the best thing is. 5 of them where actual usable upgrades for my heros.

Check my profile to see what I found:
Wizard: Zuni ring, Depth Diggers, Andariels visage
Barb: IK gloves

I also found a Storm Crow which is in my stash and will be used for low MP farming due to the socket for a ruby.

In addition I found tal rasha helm and belt as well. Emperian messenger as well. But they were crap.

I think that's it. So much loot.

RNG is RNG
Edited by Smartdrive#6979 on 11/18/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:16 AMPosted by walk2k
NUMBERS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

1+1=3 maybe

Not sure though
Reply Quote
Understandable that RNG is RNG. Also it is random if you have a steak of bad luck. However if multiple people report that legendaries has dropped since last week. Wouldn't that raise suspicion that something is wrong? I know others say the sample size is not big enough, but what about multiple people farming the same act for hours and they all report a decrease.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]