Diablo® III

Lousy Legendary drop rates this weekend...

11/18/2012 11:50 AMPosted by ChaosDK
Understandable that RNG is RNG. Also it is random if you have a steak of bad luck. However if multiple people report that legendaries has dropped since last week. Wouldn't that raise suspicion that something is wrong? I know others say the sample size is not big enough, but what about multiple people farming the same act for hours and they all report a decrease.
Selection bias. People with unlucky streaks will disproportionately come to forums to complain and reinforce each other in a thread or two.
Reply Quote
I don't hear complaints during the week. All I hear is how much drops people are getting etc etc.
Reply Quote
Two days I had no legendary drops. Yesterday I got a blackthorn's surcoat and Inna's radiance on the same run. Today, absolutely nothing.

RNG man.
Reply Quote
I have found more legendary's the last couple days then I have ever seen yet.

Wut iz RNG?!
Reply Quote
Drops are fine. I went up 4 paragon levels and got over 20 legendary/set pieces in the process. Only 4 will actually make it to the GAH not as brimestone. The drops haven't changed at all.
Reply Quote
IK Helm, 300th spear, Andariels, 2x strong arm bracers, and a few others I turned to brimstone. Seems to be fine to me.
Reply Quote
Played almost every day this week and got nothing until today. I'm on my third run right now and I've got one 4 legendaries (lamentation, echoing fury sun keeper and Sledge of Athskeleng). The Sun Keeper will probably go for more than a million and teh echoing fury is still unidentified. The rest is little better than vendor trash. But still, much better than the rest of the week.

Edit: Echoing Fury turned out to be good. Hoping for a few million. Also found Dnaeta's respite and a Death Mantle Watch (brimstone)
Edited by leofonseca#1883 on 11/18/2012 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't believe in math.

Had 4 Sultan's drop in 4.5 hours yesterday.And today i was lucky enough to get 3 Stormshields within 30-35 minutes,oh and 2 Azurewraths and 2 Vizir's 5 minutes from one another.

I should start flipping a coin to see how many heads in a roll i can get.
Reply Quote
I'm with the OP. This weekend, and a few days before was terrible. I went from p39 to p41 with not a single leg drop. Unprecedented. Then I finally got one.. from opening a chest no less, haha.

Btw, I was playing with a friend who got THREE Strongarm Bracers in 1.5 hours. Either RNG is broken, or he just kept three un-id items in his inventory to mess around.. but I really doubt it was the latter.
Reply Quote
I played all day today and got six legendaries: maximus, grandfather, skorn, mempo, and two crappy sub level 60 items I don't remember the name of.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:16 AMPosted by walk2k
NUMBERS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

Well.. Google gave me this link when I searched for your phrase.
I guess you can read about it there.

http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27077
Reply Quote
You're running MP7 with low DPS thats why you dont get any in hours.
Someone running MP0 in an hour with a bit of MF would get more legendaries.

Besides, what are you running with? Most likely a barb.
BTW, i love your shoulders :3
Reply Quote
heard blizz had to tune down the leg/set drops due to people gearing up too fast. iirc there was a blue post regarding that. go figure. no i do not have the link
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Ender
Of course you don't.

:)
Reply Quote
I'm guessing you're new around here, allow me to explain.

Random.

5 hours ago

yeah keep saying that until you find yourself not affording for your next upgrade
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Gunny
I'm usually good for 4-6 drops in a 3-4 hours of play. Since yesterday, I've dinged 2 Paragon levels yet zero drops. Not complaining, just wondering if others are experiencing this or am I just really running some really bad luck.

Same here.
There are several other threads on the EU which suggest that the drop rate has been reduced as of recent, here is my thread on the matter:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5945594538
There are several other threads on the EU which suggest that the drop rate has been reduced as of recent.
Reply Quote
bobby kotick has recently admitted that he personally changes the drop rates every morning
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]