Diablo® III

100k DPS - not sure where to go now. Help?

As the title says, I feel like I have hit a wall with my WD. Not sure what I should be upgrading now.

Thanks in advance for all of your expertise advice.
Reply Quote
You have a lot of room to add Dps, but the question is are you willing to spend the absurd amount of money required to really jump your dps? A good first place if youre willing to sacrifice resistances is to go for a Witching Hour. If you are willing to sacrifice the 20 PuR you could get get a Serpent or Zuni string then swap your Pox for a trifecta ring. Goodluck
Reply Quote
I would also suggest the witching hour belt. You can also upgrade your gem in your weapon for another 20 critical damage. That would only add about 3-4k damage, but it's reusable if you upgrade your weapon. The weapon upgrade is of course a possibility too, but would be pretty expensive considering the one you have is decent.
Reply Quote
Yea I'm at a point now where not sure if the cost to increase my dps and etc is worth it, havent tried MP8+ ubers with anyone so hoping I'm not too far from being able to do MP10.
Reply Quote
If I did go WH, what stats should I be looking for on the belt?

Same for Serpent, what stats are good for it, or string?
Reply Quote
Depends on your budget. For WH, it will be 8-9% AS and can roll up to 50% CD, so as high CD and primary stat as you can afford, and random rolls whichever stat you're lacking or wanting to pickup.

Same thing for the serpent, you want as high avg dmg as possible (atleast 250 imo) with high primary stat, etc.

All depends on your budget/how much you're willing to spend.
Reply Quote
try mp 10 act 1 to act 4 , diablo and ubers first and you will know what you needed.

If your DPS not enough the boss will enrage...
If you Defence is not enough the fire, poision , arcane of elite will kill you...

and hm.. may be move to a Skorn...
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 11/18/2012 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
i have some highend int gear if u want more dps/ehp.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7172747472

Tal Rasha Chest (184int, 239vit, 9% ias, 152 armor)
Witching Hour (92int, 68vit, 49arcane, 75ar, 9% ias, 42% cd)
Fell Loop, ring (32-58dmg, 87int, 9% ias, 23% cd, 4.5% cc)
Loyality Riot, ring (29-54dmg, 67str, 82int, 44% cd, 6% cc)
Tal Rasha Ammy (5% holy, 276int, 68vit, 27% mf, 61% cd, 10% cc)
Reply Quote
TR helm is the cheapest way to get dps out of your head slot since it comes stock with cc, unlike zm.
Stop gearing for MF, some people value it and some people don't; either way you're throwing off the actual values of your items when you buy them.
Inna pants is the most dps you can get out of your legs slot.
Look for a tr ammy with cc or ias which will be cheaper.
Like everyone else has already said, witching hour.

Unlike most of the other classes, gear for wds depends greatly on what build you're running and what mp you're on. I see tonnes of wds build full zm even though they're aweful individual pieces for no reason. You don't have enough dps to farm a high enough mp with bears to find the 4p zm bonus efficient, is what I'm trying to say. You should consider other builds, maybe ghost bomb/(acid rain) at mp0/1. Ditch the mf gear, you won't find anything at low mps and low paragon regardless.
Reply Quote
TR helm is the cheapest way to get dps out of your head slot since it comes stock with cc, unlike zm.
Stop gearing for MF, some people value it and some people don't; either way you're throwing off the actual values of your items when you buy them.
Inna pants is the most dps you can get out of your legs slot.
Look for a tr ammy with cc or ias which will be cheaper.
Like everyone else has already said, witching hour.

Unlike most of the other classes, gear for wds depends greatly on what build you're running and what mp you're on. I see tonnes of wds build full zm even though they're aweful individual pieces for no reason. You don't have enough dps to farm a high enough mp with bears to find the 4p zm bonus efficient, is what I'm trying to say. You should consider other builds, maybe ghost bomb/(acid rain) at mp0/1. Ditch the mf gear, you won't find anything at low mps and low paragon regardless.

Just miss your weapon....
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:27 PMPosted by MADTHUNDER2

Just depends on his budget, the rest of his gear is easier to upgrade. If he doesnt care about lifesteal (he shouldn't), a 1k dps cd/socket ck should be anywhere from 50-100m. Whereas a manajumas would be around 250-300m if he wants to keep the lifesteal for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:53 PMPosted by ViM

Just depends on his budget, the rest of his gear is easier to upgrade. If he doesnt care about lifesteal (he shouldn't), a 1k dps cd/socket ck should be anywhere from 50-100m. Whereas a manajumas would be around 250-300m if he wants to keep the lifesteal for whatever reason.

sorry i only get 10 M hehe
Reply Quote
Yeah,

At the moment my budget is really low. So, looks like Parafarming while I wait for my upgrade drops.

Also, people are saying to ditch Manajuma's but I honestly thought my MJ was pretty decent. I have seen people with Better DPS than me, with worse MJ's.

Not sure how they got it though. :)
Reply Quote
Manajuma is ok but it's too fast for my taste if you're going to bear spam. I'd rather start with a slower 1.2 speed weapon and then get attack speed on WH and lacunis. My base DPS (no PtV) is 110k with my mediocre sun spear and I can farm up to MP5 easily. I have a LS sun spear for higher MP and a higher DPS one for low MP play.I'm currently doing MP1 with max MF for speed farming now.

Witching hour and lacunis will be your biggest boosts in DPS and can be cheap. Then tal rasha's with crit chance or an amulet like mine, zuni helm with crit chance, zuni ring with CC+avg damage, unfortunately these are all very expensive.

I would suggest getting rid of that no crit chance tal rasha's for something with CC+CD+int since your weapon is dual crit.
Edited by phoking#1554 on 11/19/2012 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is the list:

1. Crit Chance
2. Crit Damage
3. See #1 and #2

Big upgrades would be:

Zuni ring with crit chance
Zuni helm with crit chance
Ring with crit chance & crit damage - IAS is really just paper DPS for WD.
Amulet with crit chance & crit damage.
Witching Hour (only if it has intand high crit damage, look at mine for an example of a good one)
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:06 PMPosted by ViM
You should consider other builds, maybe ghost bomb/(acid rain) at mp0/1. Ditch the mf gear, you won't find anything at low mps and low paragon regardless.

Are you sure? I keep hearing the most efficient way to farm is to do mp0 or mp1 where you can clear out rooms, keep non-stop faster run skills up, and look for shinies on the mini-map.

This is also true for XP/hr.

The gear I'm wearing is for mp1 farm runs.
Reply Quote
Here is the list:

1. Crit Chance
2. Crit Damage
3. See #1 and #2

Couldn't agree with you more. At least for my build IAS is totally useless, and just "show off". Completely useless stat in a fight. I have almost zero IAS and I run out of mana all than time and changing to even more "managain spec", would just make me lose so much dps that it's totally not worth it, by giving up damagebuffs. It's better to just wait for mana and then use high damage spells and buffs.
(Currently using sacrifice+soul harvest+gruesome feast buffs which more than double my base dps)

I disagree about Inna's pants. I find Blakcthorne pants a lot better in higher MP's. Much better overall stats (I mostly farm MP7 myself).
Edited by Kenlie#1152 on 11/19/2012 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here is the list:

1. Crit Chance
2. Crit Damage
3. See #1 and #2

Couldn't agree with you more. At least for my build IAS is totally useless, and just "show off". Completely useless stat in a fight. I have almost zero IAS and I run out of mana all than time and changing to even more "managain spec", would just make me lose so much dps that it's totally not worth it, by giving up damagebuffs. It's better to just wait for mana and then use high damage spells and buffs.
(Currently using sacrifice+soul harvest+gruesome feast buffs which more than double my base dps)

I disagree about Inna's pants. I find Blakcthorne pants a lot better in higher MP's. Much better overall stats (I mostly farm MP7 myself).

You farm mp7 with 56k DPS and gruesome feast? This sounds like a huge exaggeration.
Reply Quote

You farm mp7 with 56k DPS and gruesome feast? This sounds like a huge exaggeration.

No my dps jumps over 130k with the buffs I have, and that is without "paper IAS dps", that's ACTUAL dps. I very rarely die with 1200 LOH and 1000 resistances.

Of course most of the time I don't get perfect buffs, so my dps stays around 110k most of the time.

yeah, sure I could pump up my dps up by extra 40-50k with just adding IAS items, but that would be total waste of time, since it doesn't actually apply when killing monsters, but it sure looks very nice on the paper.
Edited by Kenlie#1152 on 11/19/2012 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:07 PMPosted by phoking

Oh and if you doubt my words. Here's quick demonstration how the buffs work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabRY6Zefvs

;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]