Diablo® III

GRRRR, another DH dies lvl 50+

Stupid reflects damage + sentry... couldn't stop killing myself. I didn't think running Gloom would be mandatory until Inferno. So much fun to play, yet so fragile.... Only class I haven't hit 60 with, must carry on!
Reply Quote
Prep with the life gain and smoke screen are my immediate 'Holy crap i need to get out of there' buttons. In fact, my rule of thumb was usually that if i needed to pop prep, i should probably start my escape right then. If you cant kill the elites on one full discipline usage, then dont stick around after the prep usage.

But yeah, i have tons of dead lvl 50 DH's and two 60's. :/
Edited by Flip#1217 on 11/19/2012 7:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Life on hit + life steal is your friend :D
Reply Quote
Yeah, I bailed on LoH because I didn't notice the 300 I had in my gem and I don't think I did enough DPS (18k?) for Life Steal to do anything. Obviously a gross oversight on my part.

It was rough because I was playing with a friend, hanging back. I dropped a sentry and vaulted backwards before I even read the affixes. There were no mobs on the screen, my life just started dropping unexpectedly, popped a pot, but didn't help. I was running Prep with life, but I'd never been in that situation before, so didn't occur to me to use prep for non-disc purposes.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Grovel
Stupid reflects damage + sentry... couldn't stop killing myself. I didn't think running Gloom would be mandatory until Inferno. So much fun to play, yet so fragile.... Only class I haven't hit 60 with, must carry on!

tbh its not just DH that ive noticed with RD complaints while leveling. ive seen a few classes.
most of it comes from these:

*they bought a high dps weapon
*they dont have lifesteal - not a big deal, ls isnt that great till after 50-70k dps.
*they dont have life on hit - this is a big problem. you need this to help heal through your damage early on. instead of using a ruby/emerald use an amethyst. the more loh the better.
*their resists suck - sure they got mountains of HP. that only goes so far though. you need to actually reduce the damage coming in. as i recall reflect is considered physical. so you want all resist and physical resist to be stacked.

edit:
also do not forget life regen on armor. this is like a HoT. so it heals you like LoH except you dont have to hit things. its very very useful.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 11/19/2012 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have 5 dead DH's

this one will never die......
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:40 AMPosted by bertson
this one will never die......

heh

everyone has to go sometime, its just a matter of how and when.
Reply Quote
Gloom isn't mandatory unless you're always surrounded, have a difficulty with being surrounded, or you don't trust your protection wherever you are.

The other Shadow Power runes are slept on and are all very good too, imo.

If you're always at range, and aren't using any leeching attacks or have life on hit or life steal equipment, then Blood Moon is better.

Also, the Sentry imo seems to work best with great leeching abilities and lots of defense. It basically more than doubles your sheet dps, but if you don't have any restorative abilities then it'll kill you to use it lol.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 11/19/2012 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]