Diablo® III

Have 150mill need 30k sheet DPS HELP!!!

Ok so I am useless at trying to get any sort of decent damage from my barb on a budget.

I have 150mill to spend which I refuse to touch untill I figure out how it can buy me a 30k sheet dps boost.

There will be a few million in gold going to the best advice :)

Edit** Will not sacrafice any attack speed,CC, armour or all res!!
Edited by Leftnutt#6743 on 11/19/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had same problem with you, but for sure your main hand has to change.
Change to Echoing fury with str and open socket.
One that I have, paid only 20mil and gave me 10k+ dps.

Also change your ammy with avg dmg/str/vit/cc/cd....
I bought mine for 30m and gave me 13k dps up from previous one.

hope this helps.
Reply Quote
It's really hard to say because switching out something for more dps is going to cost you something else. Your amulet has the most potential to add more dps but it also has a lot of vitality and resists.

I think your main hand weapon is what you should focus on upgrading then because you're not going to sacrifice any AR or CC obviously, so get maybe an 1100+ weapon with CD and OS its the most straight forward upgrade in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Have a look at my barb. Not a single one of my items cost over 10m. If you get a decent Skorn and get attack speed on your amulet your dps should go up a fair bit. Also I would swap out blood thirst and swap in ruthless. The extra damage you will do with it will get you about the same net life steal from your belt and off hand but you're now doing more damage as well!
Reply Quote
@op, if you really have to stick to your "will not sacrifice any ias, cc, armor, ar" rule, this is going to be tough for you, possible but not very cost effective / efficient.

Almost all of your pieces you have has those things on them, making it tough. Given that goal you set there, your way to get that 30k dps buff is going to be an additional of 300 str + 100% cd, assuming you keep your weapons, you have to spend 20 mil upgrading your green gem to gain 20%, your ammy is completely missing out on cd, getting additional 80% there while keeping everything else is hard, if you have to I would lose some vit to favor cd on the ammy, or even getting more str on that ammy too, if you go that route, you are looking at around 60 mil there for the ammy upgrade.

then the rest of your str bump can come from swapping out those huge vit chest / pants, get it with higher str even you lost some vit over it. those should not cost you a lot as you can sell your old ones out too, then you should still have a bit of leftover to upgrade all those 4 rubies to +54 at least.

That way you can get away with 45k hp (roughly 130 bit point lost), but again, I would go a different route (trading a bit of attack speed / cc for more CD/str) might have been easier.
Edited by samuiotoko#1231 on 11/19/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly? You are losing alot of DPS to Increased attack speed, you need to understand how thw IAS greakpoints work, and for you to hit the next BREAKPOINT ( where ias actually does something) you would need like 17 % more IAS which is impossible, so your litterly in IAS limbo, you could stand to lose about 7-9% ias atleast, the dagger in OH is a good base IAS anyways, and you want to shoot for around 7-8 TPS from tornadoes.

The other thing to remember is that crit dmg is useful but only if you are critting..... It is really important to get your crit CH to around 45-50 % before you start stacking as much crit dmg as you are atm, your Crit chance is pretty low , espeically for using Weapons master with a MH axe.

3rd, Unless you are using Immortal Kings for 5 piece bonus, there is no reason to use the IK helm at all, litterly, I would stash away the IK helm and maybe even the belt untill you are ready for 5 piece IK

a nice socketed andys with high str will net you alot more DPS, or even a Dual Attkspeed/Crit Mempo with high str <- bonus all resis from mempo

I would also look into your lifesteal, unless your running high MP ubers, you can get by with just OH Lifesteal/Bloodthirst passive, which opens up your belt for a pure DPS belt, such as witching hour or any good belt you find.

I think i win the few mil? :-p
Reply Quote
There is absolutely no way to get 30k dps out of 150m at your gear level without sacrificing something.

Now…if you could afford a 1250+DPS EF w/CC and a socket…you would be close.

With 150m and your gear level…I'd say 15m tops w/o giving anything up.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Lithic
your Crit chance is pretty low , espeically for using Weapons master with a MH axe

OP has 37% cc from just gear, adding 5% native, 5% ruthless, 10% weapon mastery, 3% battle rage, 10% WoTB, we are talking about 70% cc here, and that's definitely not low
Reply Quote
your missing 54 strength / 20% crit damage from gems alone, upgrade those, switch to ruthless from superstition thats another 5% crit 50% crit dmg, and replace that amulet which would probally net you 30+ dps if you drop all 150 mill into it
Reply Quote
Idk how you got 70 but if you do al the buffs in skill calc with his profile he is showing 64%

And with his gear is never going to spend more time in WOTB than he is not in WOTB he doesnt have the fury regen/dps/movementspeed/mightweap or 5pieceik , so you cant really account for that atm, and if your using Ruthless on top of Weapon mastery with axe, you do so for even igher chance at the end of the day. I was speaking of unbuffed.
Reply Quote
Idk how you got 70 but if you do al the buffs in skill calc with his profile he is showing 64%

And with his gear is never going to spend more time in WOTB than he is not in WOTB he doesnt have the fury regen/dps/movementspeed/mightweap or 5pieceik , so you cant really account for that atm, and if your using Ruthless on top of Weapon mastery with axe, you do so for even igher chance at the end of the day. I was speaking of unbuffed.

you know that you are at 24% cc bonus from gears right? 37% cc from just gear is not low dude. unbuffed, buffed, whatever you name it, OP is not at the low end of CC

And also, I am sure with that cc and attack speed of OP, he's definitely keeping WoTB up very well.

And, he's already at 23% movement speed, and it's capped at 25%, so you are suggesting OP is missing 2% movement speed hurting his fury regen?
Edited by samuiotoko#1231 on 11/19/2012 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Switch to ruthless, save 150m. GG. Or buy a skorn.
Reply Quote

you know that you are at 24% cc bonus from gears right? 37% cc from just gear is not low dude. unbuffed, buffed, whatever you name it, OP is not at the low end of CC

And also, I am sure with that cc and attack speed of OP, he's definitely keeping WoTB up very well.

And, he's already at 23% movement speed, and it's capped at 25%, so you are suggesting OP is missing 2% movement speed hurting his fury regen?

I am not going off gear bonus, that is where we are getting confused, Calcuate his entire chance, he does not use ruthless and even with the buffs he does have up Im still only seeing 59% for him with WOTB up, unless im seriously missing something?
Reply Quote

I am not going off gear bonus, that is where we are getting confused, Calcuate his entire chance, he does not use ruthless and even with the buffs he does have up Im still only seeing 59% for him with WOTB up, unless im seriously missing something?

OP has 37% from gear, all chars has 5% native cc, no skils no passive at all, is at 42%

battle rage + 3% = 45%
weapon mastery with axe + 10% = 55%
WoTB + 10% = 65%

when I say 70% was assuming OP using ruthless, but he's not, but that's still 65% and that's definitely not LOW!!! please just stop fighting it

11/19/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Lithic
It is really important to get your crit CH to around 45-50 % before you start stacking as much crit dmg

I don't know how you still want to fight this, but what makes you think OP is not meeting that requirement? oh, please don't say you meant to say 45-50% from gear bonus, if that's your argument, then 99.9% of the barb should not even bother with stacking CD
Reply Quote
get some crit dmg on your ammy
u can afford to the some all resist
Reply Quote
The concept that you demand more dps with out making any sacrifices is somewhat silly.

The fact that you want to add 30% more dps with those same conditions is asinine (at your budget).

The EZPZ version for you

1) Drop Superstition for Ruthless >>> Net Result +16k dps (Cost 0 gold)
2) Grab a 950 dps / 140 str/ 40%CD / OS Echoing Fury >>> Net Result +8K dps (Cost 80-100m)
3) Replace the Gem in your offhand (and EF) for 100% CD >>> Net Result +4k dps (Cost 30m)

There you go. 28K DPS sheet increase for 130m. Though you would be silly to pay that when you can swap AR on you helm or gloves for massive DPS increase at little to no cost after selling your old gear.

Do what you want, but there is it....
Reply Quote
Running the passive "Ruthless" will give you an instant 14k dps boost. You will have to drop "Superstition" for it though. Next, if you were to search for a new amulet under the parameters of Average Dmg: 40, Str: 200, Crit Dmg: 50, Crit Chance: 8, that should net you the missing amount needed for your quota of 30k dmg.

Now, you edited your OP saying that you didn't want to sacrifice ias, cc, ar, or all res, but I did sacrifice your 45 all res & 227 vit (gain armor from more str) on your amulet which'll drop your life to around 41.7k life. I think that's fair for 30k dmg. If you need more survivability, run War Cry w/ Impunity rune & an Enchantress w/ Powered Armor.

...Did a search on AH w/ the same parameters & there's an ammy for 72m BO & that 1 item plus Ruthless passive would give you 121,956 dmg which is a 30,212 dmg increase as per your request~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]