Diablo® III

Please do not wowify pvp

11/19/2012 06:11 PMPosted by ellisD
There is a ladder.............................

Oh really? I don't see it now and I don't think we'll see it with PvP. Even with a ladder it will be pay-to-win as long as PvE gear is used, since it can be purchased through the AH/RMAH.

I don't see a problem with Bind-On-Account PvP gear and ladder.
Reply Quote
I hate the fact we have the few account bound things we have now. I'm seriously going to look into another game if PVP introduces tokens and PVP gear. I've grinded almost 500 hours on my Monk since launch for the crap I have on now. Let me win or get face rolled in the gear I acquired.

I refuse to grind tokens for PVP gear.
Reply Quote
I hate the fact we have the few account bound things we have now. I'm seriously going to look into another game if PVP introduces tokens and PVP gear. I've grinded almost 500 hours on my Monk since launch for the crap I have on now. Let me win or get face rolled in the gear I acquired.

I refuse to grind tokens for PVP gear.

Seriously, what the hell have I been doing if there is pvp specific loot?

It makes the entire game pointless.

bingo
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Spartacus
No pvp gear. This is Diablo, not WoW

I wish this was true, but this game is influenced a lot by the WoW team, the D3 game director actually said this himself.

D3 pvp will just be lame arena pvp like in WoW.

They currently have no plans for 1on1 dueling, which is what most people want, it's also something they still advertise.

"1-on-1' dueling system coming into play."---ya right, talk about false advertising.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:33 PMPosted by ellisD

paragon levels = stronger character. What if there are diminishing returns for the pvp gear, could throw some BiS pve items in your gear set, say witching hour or melee damage reduction items, stun gear etc.

If you wanted to be a top contender in WoW's arenas you needed to go through the pve content for a few items.
Edited by Bazinga#1788 on 11/19/2012 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Bazinga

paragon levels = stronger character. What if there are diminishing returns for the pvp gear, could throw some BiS pve items in your gear set, say witching hour or melee damage reduction items, stun gear etc.

If you wanted to be a top contender in WoW's arenas you needed to go through the pve content for a few items.

Again your comparing d3 to Wow, lets get away from that ok? I dont want pvp gear i want my pve gear, just like d2.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Pirt
Again your comparing d3 to Wow, lets get away from that ok? I dont want pvp gear i want my pve gear, just like d2.

I'm using it as an example. And I do want pvp gear. lol

Even in diablo 2 people would have multiple gear sets in their stash so they could have an advantage over other people. Monarchs with 4resist gems, 2dwarfs,ravens,wisps, hspurs, tgods etc
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]