Diablo® III

1.0.6 - bring us the Mystic :)

I guess most of you guys do know about the mystic, and that blizz already got it almost done, but then decided to let it outside the game.

For those who don't know it, here you have 2 beautiful screenshots :)

http://www.diablowiki.net/images/f/f6/Mystic-enhance1.jpg

http://www.diablowiki.net/images/3/3e/Enchantment1.jpg

What do YOU diablo 3 gamer say?
Wouldn't this be some awesome thing in D3 :D
Reply Quote
interesting seems that it would kill some of the bordem from this game but blizzard needs to do more then this to keep the game going
Reply Quote
I really wanted her to be in the game! Enhancing would've been really awesome. Itemization still feels a little dry but this would've helped since you wouldn't rely on RNG as much and you could customize and enhance your gear as needed.
Reply Quote
this is what crafting should be....

blacksmith is now useless... give him this ability and everything will be fine.
Reply Quote
I believe they want to try to bring her back in the expansion.

It would be cool if she can let us reroll certain stats on items.

reroll for same stat to try to get a higher roll or a whole new stats.

If they made it expensive it wouldnt be abused and keep the value of gold high.
Reply Quote
bout time they finish the game.

all this was planned to be released... but it wasnt.
Reply Quote
oh wow.. what about pvp? :( anyways im still down with the drop rates, 4 days ago i went online and farmed at MP2 and no stacks, suddenly a very good legendary item dropped from the Elite, HOORAH! :o but the strange thing is.. it did DROP when i don't have any NV stacked and i was at my lowest.. weird... -_- i hope they fix that... it's nice if you get a legendary item you could sell once in a while :(
Reply Quote
Please explain to me what exactly "The Mystic" was? Besides an artisan, which I know, what actually was the pint of her? And as for the blacksmith, he's more than useless. I used to salvage using him and way back when (when I had the starter edition) I would craft weak iteams, but know I just leave him be.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:39 AMPosted by MasterShea
Please explain to me what exactly "The Mystic" was? Besides an artisan, which I know, what actually was the pint of her? And as for the blacksmith, he's more than useless. I used to salvage using him and way back when (when I had the starter edition) I would craft weak iteams, but know I just leave him be.

You would bring her normal (white) items and she will enchant them into magic/rare items.
Reply Quote
w8 till expansion hits...
Reply Quote
Imagine you could upgrade any item (white, blue, rare, leg, set), and that it could roll stats according to its ILVL, someone could have a Manticore with like 500 dex or a Amulet with 20% crit chance, that would make the sale on AH go boom like an atomic bomb, RMAH stuff would sell even more I guess xD
Reply Quote
bump for blue :)
Reply Quote
To be added in expansion. They will pretend they needed to work on it. But it is really finished and they just saved it for expansion.
Reply Quote
I believe Blizz said the enchants were not more interesting than current stats. The concept somewhat conflicted with gems. They felt adding more of the same stats to items was not cool enough and decided to save it for a re-design later.

For example, you had say an enchant for int and vit, and this was the best enchant for your money/skill level, you would always use it. You would use the enchant every time even when the item already rolled int and vit. Even when the item did not roll enough int and vit. Because enchants can occur on every item, unlike gems, every time you got an upgrade for an item you would enchant it with the best you got.

Therefore when speccing your gear you would always consider the int/vit enchant. It would not actually help you gain more damage or life, you would always want more. The gloves with 180 int and 90 vit are the same value with or without the enchanting system.

On the other hand, it would help "junk" items be less terrible. So many times I have found a great dagger with near perfect stats and a mere 500 damage. Of course, that is due to another problem that won't be fixed by having an enchanting system.
Edited by Gorbulan#1175 on 11/17/2012 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mystic and the talisman were cut because they are interesting, non-necessary features that could be trimmed and sold later as part of an expansion.

Gotta love it.

"Sir, we've got this great game and it's ready for market!"
"FAN-TASTIC! Now cut it up into as many pieces as you can and sell it at a premium price! MY LAMBORGHINI RUNS ON PURE PLATINUM AND SHE WILL NOT BE LEFT WANTING THIS CHRISTMAS DAMMIT!"

Chapter 1, verse 2 of the Video Game Producer's Bible.

Verse 1 is "Sell them a non-game if at all possible, and spin it as F2P with future content additions!"
Reply Quote
You would bring her normal (white) items and she will enchant them into magic/rare items.

That sounds like an infinitely repeatable version of the imbue quest from Diablo 2. Along with gambling, transmuting, shopping and nightmare/hellforges those were some of my favorite little details left out of Diablo 3
Reply Quote
Yeah, that's pretty obvious, but still I would like to hear the "official" explanation, they seem to like to do this kind of PR-crap^^

But I guess the blues are busy answering those "which char should I play to paragon 100", "what elite would you hate to fight" and "salvaging the HF Ring"..I mean come on, the Hellfire Ring doesn't give you a Brimstone to keep the "value" of it up..
Reply Quote
i want this
Reply Quote
I remember the interview where they said they took out the mystic because "they couldn't find a use for her".

What a shame. I would actually play the game, use the blacksmith for once if the Mystic was there. Too bad you don't know how to make a proper game ActiBlizz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]