Diablo® III

I've realized something very powerful.

It's time for people justifying the rmah to realize that most people are criticizing it mainly because the game was designed around it. Items are full of random affixes making 90% of them useless, drop rates of sets and legendaries ridiculously low, constant nerfs of builds and gameplay to make the game more annoying to enjoy and farm.
D2 was surrounded by 3rd party items sellers but it was far from mainstream. And it didn't bother most players simply because it didn't affect their gaming experience apart from spams in the lobby.
You can probably make a survey and ask D2 veterans if auction houses were necessary in D3. Don't be naive to think that Blizzard created for the good of the game and players. The only reason was to make more money otherwise their cut wouldn't be so high and issues I mentioned earlier wouldn't be so obvious.

3rd part sellers didnt effect the game as badly as the RMAH is trying to prove it did in D2. the only times i really heard of anyone buying anything like that was when something was released about someone paying XXXXX dollars or complete world of warcraft characters back in vanilla. or people paying that amount for item sets in D2. never really heard much about people buying potions, or gems from these sites.

3rd party sellers never effected my game if i didnt sign online, and guess what? i didnt. something DRM cant provide me, but i can provide myself is total protection, by not signing online at all. so does the rmah effect my game, the way it claims 3rd parties effected d2? no, because i dont use it, nor do i get involved in some pretend, and invisible competition that some forum posters are starting to claim there is.

u win nothing by winning d3.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Brathearon
The biggest reason a lot of people don't like the RMAH is because it drives the drop rates that Blizz implemented. They figured since people can buy gear, drop rates should be extremely low. Casual gamers like me didn't find legendaries for months, or not until 1.05 when I consider them "reasonable" drops - you don't find the most godly gear, but you actually see a legendary drop every once in a while, and the hard core players farm for the godliest of gear.

The drop rates are now EXTREMELY high. Perhaps even higher than they would have been if there had been no AH in D3 to begin with. This argument no longer works.

and still garbage.

I dont care if I have now the chance of 0,01% of 0,02% to find a legendary when on top of it there is still the 0,01% chance that the item is actually something worth ... sick of finding mempos, lacunis or skorns with garbage stats. The last time even I found a legendary belt for the barb with dexterity on it (no strength). Is this supposed to be their motivation for "farming" for items? Not in my book.

They can increase the "drops" as much as they want. Its not going to change anything. All you do is finding more crap. To many of the legendaries and set items hell even "godly" rares are nothing worth if they dont have a few key stast. Like a socket for weapons, or CD/CC for legendary items.

I would rathe want drop quality instead of drop quanitiy which just trivalizes legendary and set items more each time you get it.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 11/17/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:51 AMPosted by CrniVuk

The drop rates are now EXTREMELY high. Perhaps even higher than they would have been if there had been no AH in D3 to begin with. This argument no longer works.

and still garbage.

I dont care if I have now the chance of 0,01% of 0,02% to find a legendary when on top of it there is still the 0,01% chance that the item is actually something worth ... sick of finding mempos, lacunis or skorns with garbage stats. The last time even I found a legendary belt for the barb with dexterity on it (no strength). Is this supposed to be their motivation for "farming" for items? Not in my book.

They can increase the "drops" as much as they want. Its not going to change anything. All you do is finding more crap. To many of the legendaries and set items hell even "godly" rares are nothing worth if they dont have a few key stast. Like a socket for weapons, or CD/CC for legendary items.

I would rathe want drop quality instead of drop quanitiy which just trivalizes legendary and set items more each time you get it.

The drop quantity and quality is the same thing. The only reason these items seem bad now is because they are so common. Before items i am finding now that are vendor trash were worth $100, and i am not even exaggerating.
Reply Quote
You have 'just realized this'?
Doesn't matter if they are D2 players or not... as many are and do like the game... but the topics and arguments about not liking the game and how bad they think it is...has been around since Day 1 of release.... where the !@#$ have you been?
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 wasn't online only genius. I stopped reading when you tried comparing the two without recognizing that fact.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 11:36 AMPosted by stryker
Diablo 2 wasn't online only genius. I stopped reading when you tried comparing the two without recognizing that fact.

It isnt relavent. Also, he would have to mention how much piracy was going on in D2. There were probably more illegal copies running than real ones.
Reply Quote
if its illegal to copy games because you arent buying an actual copy of the game, then shouldnt it be illegal to build a car from the frame up because u didnt buy a car from a dealership?
Reply Quote
I've also realized something very powerful : You have no suggestion to fix the game, and I just feel like your are so fed up with your life that you need something to be critical of.

Btw, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004456699?page=1#3
Edited by redstone#2234 on 11/17/2012 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Malurek
if its illegal to copy games because you arent buying an actual copy of the game, then shouldnt it be illegal to build a car from the frame up because u didnt buy a car from a dealership?

Bad analogy. A better analogy would be if someone was giving away built cars under the dealer's name for free.

Another analogy would be if you were to create another game from the ground up starting with the programming.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 12:59 PMPosted by StarFox
Buying and selling of items for "real world currency" was never a BIG issue in D2, it was a minority that purchased items, as most items you could trade for / find in that game.

However, it existed and it caused blizzard more headache than it was worth. With a bigger game with less tradable items (WoW) account hacks were even MORE rampant. So what do you think would happen a bigger game than D2 (D3) with more tradable items than WoW?

In Diablo III they took buying and selling items and made it the PRIMARY focus of the game, finding items and slaying demons are not the primary focus of the game, and thats what killed it in many peoples eyes, dare I say the majority of people who bought the game would agree with that statement, and they speak to it with their actions, most players that bought the game (probably about 60%~70% of the people who bought the game) have stopped playing for one reason or another.

People were expecting more from a Diablo game, more than a shallow Auctionhouse experience anyway.

People were expecting the game to ADD ONTO previous versions of the game, not subtract from it / dumb it down.

People were expecting a feast, but all they got was stone soup.

Buying and selling items is essentially the same thing as trading items, which people did ALL the time in D2. Many people play the game without even touching the AH (because they feel like it).

The vast majority of things that were subtracted from D2 were just redundant or unnecessary.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:39 AMPosted by vexorian
They are still a vocal minority. Everyone else is playing the game instead of crying.

Those Vocal Minority are also a part of major population that play D3 on release and Left this game because its bad..
The number of players that left D3 is a lot.
Well thats makes players who still play D3 is now the majority on D3.
Because the numbers of players shrink to those who still like and plays D3.
While huge player who knows what is Diablo left this game without looking back.
Im in Indonesia, Lots of them tried to love it, but they just leave it, without looking back.
They didnt even post in Forums. That type of customer is a death sentence for Blizzard.
Because they didnt give the reason why they leave, What is bad, where its bad and they didnt even try to read improvements on D3 next.
While we(remnants) who are now minority are still hoping and clinging to that thread, thats why we post to be heard.
Edited by WhiteBootz#6395 on 11/17/2012 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree partially with OP.

It does seem lot of rose tinted glasses are worn on people.

D2 >>> D3 when it comes to unique items. This is true-- a lot of uniques and sets could be found via leveling. Twinking/LLD were powerful niche markets. Though at the end of the day, most of what you found was vendor trash still.

But the items that were equivalent of "100 million" in D2? Not so much. Did they not realize a perfect roll of anything made the price skyrocket? Most casual players couldn't afford the best of the best either in D2. The difference was that it is cheap to feel like a god in D2 too-- D3 is heading in that direction, finally. Screw the economy. Trying to design a game around the economy is what screwed the game to begin with. Focusing on the economy turned the game into a chore, a job. Let it die so it can become a game.

Also, legit HRs weren't exactly something that dropped from the sky. Go play single player for a year and tell me if you're crawling with Hrs yet. The rune drop rate in d2 was abyssal; way worse than anything D3 could show you. Meph and Baal could drop great stuff, but don't you remember how many runs you had to do? If anyone said "I did 3 Meph runs and only crap!!!" in D2, they'd just get laughed out of town. And I laugh when some kills a Keywarden twice and QQ they get nothing. It's got nothing on running Pindle 534534 times before he drops a Shako or something.

On the other hand, you could target various bosses like the Countess...

The only reason why everything was so cheap in D2 was due to all the duping and botting. Of course stuff sold cheap, considering a good deal of them went poof.

Don't get me wrong. D3 still can't hold a candle to D2 yet. The fact that gems + cube >>> any recipe in D3 is telling, certain powerful runewords like insight were nice and totally reliable, and no amount of nostalgia will blind me from the fact D3 has no pvp. So there. Oh and apparently after I left they buffed CE. That's a far cry from D3 developer mentality.

Oh, and I don't really have any nostalgia for spamming chat channels and dealing with the wug kids to participate. Come to think about it, plenty of D2 players cried about the economy dying too. I'm glad nobody listened to them. Well, except the ladder part... that helped.
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 11/17/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Noxifer
've also realized something very powerful : You have no suggestion to fix the game

Because there's nothing to fix aside from minor things.

Your lack of insight is one of these minor things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]