Diablo® III

Love Diablo 3... I think somthing can be done

I love playing Diablo 3.

The below comments have not yet directly affected my in game experience however I can see how it can.

I am quite confused why protocols are not being put in place to stop spam on the forums or even spam within the game.

Example: On the forums tonight when I log in, the top 2 trend topics in the forum are external companies selling gold... the same user account has spammed the topic Hundreds of times to get the threads to be the "most popular"
I was quite amazed to see that one of these threads has been active for 7 hours and the other for 12 hours.

I am also a little frustrated that every day when I log into D3 I get an D3 friend invite from a company selling gold.

I am well aware that people will always find ways to "spam" people for their own benefits however I believe the amount of spam we are receiving could be reduced.

for example I noticed the Spam accounts used for the Diablo 3 forums to sell gold were World of Warcraft accounts.

Could you limit people posting on the forums to people who have purchased Diablo 3 only?

Could you disable people who have a D3 trial accounts from requesting friend invitations to people who have purchased the game and still let people who have purchased the game invite people on trial accounts as friends?

The amount of spam that is visible, makes me think how much the in game AH is getting played...

As I said, I love this game and have followed it for the last 4+ years...

This all just seems like it could be avoided.

Let me know what you think, I am not trying to troll it is just something I have been thinking about for awhile.

eRadthorpe
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 04:17 AMPosted by eRadthorpe
I am also a little frustrated that every day when I log into D3 I get an D3 friend invite from a company selling gold.

I do too :(

11/19/2012 04:17 AMPosted by eRadthorpe
Could you disable people who have a D3 trial accounts from requesting friend invitations to people who have purchased the game and still let people who have purchased the game invite people on trial accounts as friends?

Isn't it the case ?
Reply Quote
i report a good 70 spammers a month its crazy i almost feel like its a job
Reply Quote
arhhhh hopefully it is, I was under the impression that it was not the case. maybe I am ill informed.

so does this mean every "gold" friend invite I receive, means that the seller of gold had to purchase a D3 account? if so are they getting banned? it would be a costly exercise if this was the case.
Reply Quote
A blue response would be most excellent :D bump if you agree.
Reply Quote
Bump ! I want to know yeah :)
Sorry i was messing around ^^
Reply Quote
Well Vaneras was talking about that quite recently :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5967268059?page=2#29
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]