Diablo® III

Blizzard, Please learn math

Blizzard is still at fault even with your argument. Players who will be unlucky will inevitably occur due to their poorly designed D3 RNG.

I say that D3's RNG is poorly designed because those kind of unlucky players can be easily prevented by encoding some mechanics which increases a player's magic find for every in-game minutes so that there will be "no players left behind" as there is a guaranteed drop after some predetermined number of playtime/runs. My proposed mechanic is actually very similar to the sharpshooter passive of DH in which you have a guaranteed critical strike to occur within 32 seconds.

Simple as that but Blizzard employees are just too lazy for this.


Definitely not this.
Reply Quote
I just flipped a coin 10 times and got heads 9 times. I just realized, because of this post, my coin is broken :(
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,063
View profile
statistics?

forgive me if i am wrong, but this speaks probability to me.

probability = very similar to rng

no, you cant be entitled to a number of keys over a certain amount of time.
Edited by WitchDoctor#1834 on 11/17/2012 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I know you are still there Darkul.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how many people just can't grasp simple math.
When you kill a warden and he doesn't drop a key that's the end of the story.
There is no "I didn't get it the next game"
The next game is a new one and completely unrelated to the last.

A coin has 2 sides, each side had a 50/50 chance. If I flip a coin 20 times and it's head all 20 times does that mean the world is broken?
..........
.........
........
Reply Quote
It's just a side effect of the many people playing.

- There are thousands of people playing
- Expected probability on some of these bad luck occurrences should happen once in thousands of instances
- The individuals who encounter this bad luck are much more likely to write about it

Combine these attributes and you get your answer.

You might as well say to the OP that if so many people weren't playing that it wouldn't have happened to him. If that sounds messed up to you, then you should rethink what you posted here.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 02:01 AMPosted by evilstuie
I'm not sure if they understand percentages

they understand better than you
thats clear for me just reading what you wrote
Reply Quote
i got 3 keys off of 3 runs in act 1 on mp3 shouldn't that make it %100... It's called random and when stuff is random you could do 100 runs and not get a key or you could do 100 runs and get 100 keys completely random.
Reply Quote
You are asking for math from a company that cant even average 2 numbers (average damage)
Reply Quote
Experienced a similar situation yesterday. Act 2 keywarden: 6 runs on MP7 - 1 key. Tried once again today: 4 runs on MP8 - 4 keys.
So from now on I don't play on MP7 and lower. Though runs on mp7 takes less time than on mp8, but probabilily 80% is much better than 20%.
Reply Quote
i got 3 keys in a row on mp0

neither should have happened but it did.
Reply Quote
"no players left behind"


This is the mentality that is ruining the game, patch by patch.

Items drop like Skittles from a rainbow.

Difficulty has been nerfed to the point where they actually let us pick what difficulty we want to win on.

Sometimes... players should be left behind so the rest can move forward.


Yes, and you clowns going on about how easy the game is now are also the same fukwits doing the runs in MP10 then complaining about the people who can only run it at mp2-3-4 because they didn't buy out the RMAH or have extremely good luck.

The game is not a !@#$in statistic model, it's a game, for entertainment purposes. Instead of running random %^-* alogorithms why not tie it to each account so the "random" evens itself out by recording previous rolls?

Then if you have a really !@#$ run of crappy items or no set items, you'll still keep playing for knowledge that a really good roll IS coming?

Maybe it's not as revenue generating an idea as a broken auction house is, but it would keep players happier.

Most people complaining on here want the game to be better for casual players, the others that are complaining about them complaining are the ones who play for 8-23 hours a day with no job, life or commitments who then bag out those who dont spend their life farming for one set item.

I think this is one of those games that needs to be shelved for a year or so until they finally decide to get it right, or make an expansion that they can sell and market as fixing all their issues.
Edited by evilstuie#6841 on 11/23/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if they understand percentages, but 20 runs on MP3 for act3 warden key and no key does not equal 20%.

"Sure but it evens out" people would say.

No because I'm also on run 15 for key 1 and run 21 for key 2 both at MP2 now.

And then there's no point doing the ubers unless you can run mp10 to guarantee the hellfire ring components.

I understand the point is to add content to the game, but all this for a ring that MAY and probably will NOT roll decent stats is just boring.


MP5 means 50% key drop chance.

2 x MP5 runs = 75% chance of getting at least ONE key.

3 x MP5 runs = 87,5% chance of getting at least ONE key.

4 x MP5 runs = 93,75% chance of getting at least ONE key.

5 x MP5 runs = 96.875% chance of getting at least ONE key.
Edited by PureLaine#1705 on 11/23/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I flipped a coin twice, both times it was heads... I mean wtf, it's supposed to be one time heads and one time tails? Coin is broken for sure, must report to Department of Treasury.
Reply Quote
Yes, and you clowns going on about how easy the game is now are also the same fukwits doing the runs in MP10 then complaining about the people who can only run it at mp2-3-4 because they didn't buy out the RMAH or have extremely good luck.

The game is not a !@#$in statistic model, it's a game, for entertainment purposes. Instead of running random %^-* alogorithms why not tie it to each account so the "random" evens itself out by recording previous rolls?

Then if you have a really !@#$ run of crappy items or no set items, you'll still keep playing for knowledge that a really good roll IS coming?

Maybe it's not as revenue generating an idea as a broken auction house is, but it would keep players happier.

Most people complaining on here want the game to be better for casual players, the others that are complaining about them complaining are the ones who play for 8-23 hours a day with no job, life or commitments who then bag out those who dont spend their life farming for one set item.

I think this is one of those games that needs to be shelved for a year or so until they finally decide to get it right, or make an expansion that they can sell and market as fixing all their issues.


Translation for those that don't want to read it:

"I got owned by actual math, so wahhhhhhh"
Reply Quote
I blame the bots.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if they understand percentages, but 20 runs on MP3 for act3 warden key and no key does not equal 20%.

"Sure but it evens out" people would say.

No because I'm also on run 15 for key 1 and run 21 for key 2 both at MP2 now.

And then there's no point doing the ubers unless you can run mp10 to guarantee the hellfire ring components.

I understand the point is to add content to the game, but all this for a ring that MAY and probably will NOT roll decent stats is just boring.


I love posts like this, they tend to highlight just how far current human cognitive abilities have fallen.

So... MP2... you do realize that means you have an 80% chance to NOT get a key right? Nope! People don't want to think about that, they want that 20% chance to mean they're guaranteed results every 5 tries.

Before you go stating that anyone else needs to learn math, I suggest that you go learn a little bit about probability theory and then come back here to tell us how much smarter you are than the rest of the world because as it stands now your conjecture is based on nothing more than your false sense that you're owed something.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 03:08 AMPosted by queenofbabes
Come back and complain when you have no keys from 200 consecutive runs or something like that. Seriously...


Thank you, for a "seriously" good joke, I think!
Just imagine the supreme level of low self-belief and more importantly self-ridicule about his actually setting off, and deciding to do yet another run...this time doing run 199!
No way! It can't happen!
Most people only hit their head against a wall 198 times before they stop!
That's common knowledge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]