Diablo® III

Expansion new class?

How about Ash from the Army of Darkness, wielding Boomsticks and chainswas? That would be totally awesome, And seriously, only one race? I wanna play as a panda, Or a mutant ninja turtle! I mean, you have already dumbed it down so much it wouldn't hurt.
Reply Quote
since the templar is basically a majorly useless companion, bring back my favorite class, the Paladin. and for some story ideas, Adria should be a boss that gets her butt handed to her. Bring back Cain and Leah damnit. this game is after all about resurrection!
Reply Quote
BTW, a druid is a magical spell caster, so they would not be fully strength-based. A druid would probably be half strength and half intelligence. In D3, one character class from D2 has already been included - the barbarian. The WD is also very similar to the necromancer, and the DH uses assassin and amazon elements. In the expansion, there will probably be one strenght-based class, and some other class. The strength-based one will probably be something that's the opposite of the barbarian - a knight maybe. As for the other one, a vampiric class that is vitality-based would be very unique.
Reply Quote
The witch doctor to me is a cross between the druid and the necromancer.The fallen angel would be to similar to a demon hunter. I'm still hopping for the cultist, make him based on hatred, st, shape shifting and hellfire.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 02:51 PMPosted by SuperCamel
The witch doctor to me is a cross between the druid and the necromancer.The fallen angel would be to similar to a demon hunter. I'm still hopping for the cultist, make him based on hatred, st, shape shifting and hellfire.

A cultist would be fighting for the demons, not against them. ;) A non-human character would be cool - maybe a renegade Khazra. I love those goatmen!
Reply Quote
I'm expecting a class that makes use of a shield, and I have two ideas in mind. The Black Knight and the Gladiator.

The Black Knight is a cursed knight of Khanduras who will never find peace, so he makes war on the enemies of sanctuary. He actually has necromantic abilities raising up skeletal warriors, and a lot of his abilities are actually commands that he gives to his small skeletal army such as having them put up a shield wall or fire a volley of arrows. However, the more minions he has, the more he has to concentrate on controlling them instead of his own fighting. When they die, the burden of control becomes lighter, and if he uses one of his own combat abilities, he does run the risk of losing one of his minions. It's a balance game.

The Gladiator is a greco-roman soldier who draws abilites based on divine heritage. Think of this guy like Kratos. His abilities are based on favor he curries to the Skovotian Gods.

Only one of these could really work, I'm leaning towards the Black Knight, but I think the Gladiator would round the group out a bit better.
Reply Quote

The Gladiator is a greco-roman soldier who draws abilites based on divine heritage. Think of this guy like Kratos. His abilities are based on favor he curries to the Skovotian Gods.

If they decide to do the gladiator, it'd be interesting if they were convicted criminals that chose military service as opposed to incarceration. So, they'd be working off their crimes. While they wouldn't be gladiators in the same sense that the ancient Roman gladiators were, they'd still be prisoners in a sense, and would be fighting for their freedom.
Reply Quote
I think that, in a world plagued by demons, it's surprising that we can't play a class that controls them. I don't like repeating WoW but a kind of warlock would be nice (actually would be nicer than in WoW, diablo's demons are much cooler). would be good if they change the name, infernalist, maybe.

the shapeshifting strenght-based druid is also a likely option, if I were to bet on 2 classes would be these.
Reply Quote
I think that, in a world plagued by demons, it's surprising that we can't play a class that controls them. I don't like repeating WoW but a kind of warlock would be nice (actually would be nicer than in WoW, diablo's demons are much cooler). would be good if they change the name, infernalist, maybe.

the shapeshifting strenght-based druid is also a likely option, if I were to bet on 2 classes would be these.

Druids are mages, first and foremost. Shapeshifting is a more physical form of magic, so at most, they would be half intelligence and half strength.

The DH summons shadow beasts, and the WD summons grizzly monsters. While they're not summoning demons, it's close enough that it'd be redundant to have a demon-summoning class.

Some sort of summoning mage would be a great addition though, but it'd be redundant if they summon "dark" things.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 2/20/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
I forgot to add that also we don't have a shield-focused class, so it might be the next class, although I don't know what could be the "mood" of that ("paladin" and "templar" are redundant, so...).

and replying to the post above...

Druids are mages, first and foremost. Shapeshifting is a more physical form of magic, so at most, they would be half intelligence and half strength.

no offense, but saying druids are mages shows how much your vision of druids is biased by WoW. druids are closer to priests (reveerers of something, nature in this case, instead of a god) than to mages. in classic RPG's (D&D and derivates) priests and druids have no use for intelligence at all, since they receive their power from their beliefs rather than intensive study (they use wisdom and charisma instead). I said this not saying "they should copy D&D", if I wanted so I'd be playing neverwinter nights, I'm just giving an example of how and why they could use something else instead of intelligence.

The DH summons shadow beasts, and the WD summons grizzly monsters. While they're not summoning demons, it's close enough that it'd be redundant to have a demon-summoning class.

a DH, that is NOT summoner in essence, may summons shadow beasts that are NOT demons at all, and are surely not the largest part of the DH gameplay. in fact, you could cut the word "demon" from the name of the class and you wouldn't even notice its "demonic theme", because it doesn't have this theme. it's a hateful archer, and that pretty much describes all the class is.

a WD summons undead and yucky stuff, that are also NOT demons. besides, look at the demons of the game, look at the variety of abilities they have, there's plenty of room to make a demon-summoner without overlapping the WD abilities. I mean, I agree it would be redundant to add a spell called "Summon Fallen" (when the WD already has the zombie dogs), or a rune to change the fallen to Lunatics (given the WD has sacrifice), but did you try to imagine "Summon Phase Beast" or "Summon Opressor" or even "Dominate Demon"?
Reply Quote
Mith, it just wouldn't make sense for druids to be pure strength based. Their elemental magics and summoning skills are completely magical. Lifting weights and developing strength wouldn't help you cast 'blizzard'. Since wisdom doesn't exist in D3, intelligence is the next best thing. Granted, there is a physical nature to much of their magic, and their bodily strength would probably translate into greater strength in their alternate shapeshifted forms. However, the act of transformation is a magical one. Making an argument for their elemental and summoning abilities to be facilitated by overall bodily strength is possible, but they could never be fully strength based. For example, maybe you could say that a druid's overall fitness makes their magics stronger. Maybe it takes a strong body to harness the powers of nature. At most, druids would be half strength and half intelligence (which could technically include wisdom). Also, the druid has already been done, and they already have one repeat class - the barbarian. The strength-based class will probably be a warrior of some sort. A knight, gladiator, etc.

Your infernalist idea: I realize that the DH and WD don't summon demons, but the themes are still close enough, just as the WD is very similar to a necromancer. The DH's shadow beasts are probably just ghosts or inter-dimensional beings. It is said that the DH uses the demons' power against them, and that would pretty much be what an infernalist would do. A summoning mage of some sort would be good (a conjurer?), but they shouldn't be summoning demons or other dark creatures. On a side note, someone that summons demons would probably need to be evil in order to have that sort of power.

They have 1 strength class, 2 dex, and 2 int. So, to balance things out, they could have another strength class, and the other one is up in the air. A vitality-based class would be unique, and probably better than the conjurer that I mentioned above.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 2/20/2013 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I forgot to add that also we don't have a shield-focused class, so it might be the next class, although I don't know what could be the "mood" of that ("paladin" and "templar" are redundant, so...).

As I've mentioned, a greco-roman style gladiator can pick up a shield pretty well. Or we could go on the the other side of the spectrum and have a death knight/black knight who gives tactical commands to a squad of skeletal soldiers. I think I'd have more fun with the death knight, but I think there's more room for the gladiator.
Reply Quote

As I've mentioned, a greco-roman style gladiator can pick up a shield pretty well. Or we could go on the the other side of the spectrum and have a death knight/black knight who gives tactical commands to a squad of skeletal soldiers. I think I'd have more fun with the death knight, but I think there's more room for the gladiator.

A gladiator would be interesting. Instead of being enslaved blood-sport warriors like the ancient Roman gladiators, they could be convicted criminals given the option of military service to gain their freedom. Of course, their military service would be far more dangerous than that of the standard soldier. Maybe they could be like Tychus in Starcraft 2, where they would be forced to wear an amulet (instead of a marine suit) that is magically bound to their neck and cannot be removed. If they refuse to perform the functions that are expected of them, the amulet would choke them to death. For this reason, gladiators would be unable to equip amulets that are found in the game, but instead, their "slave amulets" would grant them certain advantages at different levels. For example, each level that they gain, the amulet would grant them so many attribute points, or boosts to different skills.
Reply Quote
i like your idea
Reply Quote
A STR char would make sense. Something like a Wererwolf or Werebear (but not like the druid - so he doesnt summon).

Kinda like the Bravestar cartoon that aired like 20 yrs ago.

He can transform into:
- a bear for close range high power attack, but slow movement
- a cheetah fro close range mid attack, with fast movement
- a giant flying creature for ranged attack, and cannot be affected by molten/plague
- ....etc

I do hope it brings on a completely different game dynamic.
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 2/21/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
As for shapeshifting, vampires can supposedly shapeshift into a variety of forms ... bats, wolves, snakes, and other nocturnal animals. This could include any sort of creature of the night. Some literature gives them the ability to transform into large insects.
Reply Quote
Bard

Damage comes not from how accurate you play the musical notes or your skill level but how high the weapon damage is! Lets face it this game is a total failure and blizzard is better off just starting from scratch...
Reply Quote
Bard

Damage comes not from how accurate you play the musical notes or your skill level but how high the weapon damage is! Lets face it this game is a total failure and blizzard is better off just starting from scratch...

With a bard, their weapon would be a musical instrument, and the power of that instrument would largely determine their dps (along with skill). They wouldn't be using swords or axes.
Reply Quote
Preacher.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 09:32 PMPosted by MitkaFyodor
Preacher.

The preacher could preach fire and brimstone, and roast his enemies with his sermons!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]