Diablo® III

Improving A3 inferno dps

Hey guys,

I've recently made my first foray into HC and am trying to progress/farm in A3 inferno. I've made a bit of cash and put together a decent set to survive, but my damage seems too low and mobs not going down fast enough could be a major problem.
Would it be possible for some more experienced players to check out my profile and point out where I could upgrade? I have about ~3 million to work with, so I can't afford an elite new weapon. Also, I'm dependent on life steal via my belt/weapon and rend to live, with no LOH. Is that something I should change? I'm willing to alter my build to increase kill speed without sacrificing much survivability.
Here is a link to my D3up profile: http://d3up.com/b/131159

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Reply Quote
For starters, I recommend switching out your amulet for some large crit damage, like >60%. Good amulets are cheap now. And yeah, getting one with some LoH also would be good. Just be sure not to skimp on the strength and vit.
Reply Quote
Get a better weapon for your Merc. Otherwise you look fine for A3 MP0 farming.

My barb was doing fine in A3 MP0 until disconnect in crater with its stats.

Edit: I am extremely cheap because I enjoy finding items by myself. I spent 2 million on top of items I found for my Monk. I spent less on my barb and was farming fast enough for my taste.
Edited by BadUncle#1969 on 11/19/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
20k dps is perfectly fine for farming a3mp0, I didn't really worry about higher dps than that until I started doing mp1+ and everything started taking a long time to die. You should be more worried about getting your ehp up. I'd start with ditching the ruby and getting an amethyst in your helm, then work to get your AR and armor higher with upgrades. Focus on staying alive until you get to about 25k dps and something more like 1.2m ehp without the gem in your helm. Heck, even now I still won't take the Amethyst out of my helm. Maybe once I get into the '30's and get my ehp closer to 2m I'll consider it, but until then I'll take survivability over a small % exp increase.

edit: btw, my enchantress is around 6200 dps, work on getting your follower of choice up to a decent level as well...makes all the difference sometimes, esp when you DC. That 240 dps spear on your templar isn't going to cut it...If you really want to dps everything faster, then the scoundrel and enchantress typically can get much higher dps than templar btw.
Edited by Bryanw1995#1913 on 11/19/2012 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
i have a buriza in my stash, would it be wise to focus on getting my scoundrel some attack speed gear and use that, or just go for straight dps?
Reply Quote
View profile
If it was me I'd have him use the buriza, almost like have a poor man's crit mass bowman on the team... I've seen people use it and they speak highly of it, just be aware that it will still take you some time to kill everything. If you're tanking everything pretty well, then more of a dps focus will do wonders for you. I personally like the enchantress for that as her AOE + ias + charm really help your dps + keep the enemy off balance. Check out my enchantress for details, she actually has some survivability now, very rarely dies even in nasty double elite battles unless I'm on mp3 +.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:53 PMPosted by BRO
i have a buriza in my stash, would it be wise to focus on getting my scoundrel some attack speed gear and use that, or just go for straight dps?

I'd go straight DPS. Find the cheapest +dex/int items you can get. Your follower can add like 5K-8K damage fairly cheap. Toughest find will be the Merc token as not many of them go on sale. Thats about 25-40% increase in DPS at your current level.

Freeze of Buriza is not really exciting until you can carry a higher dps load. Find a bow with cold damage and the snare should be enough.

Edit: My WD Scoundrel is doing like 8K damage and my Monk Enchantress is doing 3K damage currently (her items are awful).
Edited by BadUncle#1969 on 11/19/2012 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I use a Hellrack for my scoundrel. They are pretty cheap and do decent dps. The immobilize on hit procs often and coupled with blind scoundrel provides better dps than enchantress and decent CC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]