Diablo® III

So, how many dead villagers are there?

This has cropped up a few times, and I myself started a thread about this sometime last week about the apparent disparity between the number of corpses lying about and the number of homes we see in and about Tristram.

But seriously, how many dead villagers are there really? What idiot would take the time to actually count them? Well, you need look no further to find your idiot; I am that idiot.
Your mileage may vary, but I came up with a total of 354

For the record, I counted them by zone, and I only counted dead villagers that I could search, or villagers that were about to die (such as the dying villagers in the Slaughtered Calf Inn or the Cellar of the Damned). I didn’t bother counting corpses lying about for decoration.

If you’re wondering about the breakout (and even if you’re not):

Adira’s Hut: 5
Old Tristram Road: 7
Tristram: 5
Cathedral Level 1: 26
Cellar of the Damned: 15
Slaughtered Calf Inn: 7
Khazrah Den: 5
Weeing Hollow: 13
Cemetery of the Forsaken: 1
Cathedral Level 2: 29
Cathedral Level 3: 15
Cathedral Level 4: 19
Royal Crypt: 7
Fields of Misery: 18
Scavenger s Den Level 1: 17
Scavengers Den Level 2: 9
Wortham Village/Cliffs: 18
Highland Crag: 3
Southern Highlands: 9
Watchtower Level 1: 22
Watchtower Level 2: 9
Cave of the Moon Clan Level 1: 18
Cave of the Moon Clan Level 2: 12
Northern Highlands: 11
Leorics Hunting Ground: 8
Leorics Manor Courtyard: 9
Leorics Manor: 4
Halls of Agony Level 1: 9
Halls of Agony Level 2: 17
Halls of Agony Level 3: 10
Highland Passage: 2

Yes, I do have too much time on my hands as a matter of fact.
Reply Quote
does the number ever change if there is a different map like in the cathedral
Reply Quote
LOL now count the number of doors xd
Reply Quote
I've only gone through one zone twice in a row (Halls of Agony level 2 ... wife called me to dinner), and it was the same both times. I'm not certain if it's always the same though or if that was a coincidence.
Reply Quote
Love your work
Reply Quote
Obama doesn't play Diablo, he's a Torchlight II fan.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Tuna
Obama doesn't play Diablo, he's a Torchlight II fan.

4 yrs he will be on a path of exile
Reply Quote
nice work dude, we need more players and posts like this.
btw there are 354 villagers but like 10.000.000 of nephalems
Reply Quote
I don't know if we need more players like me, I play Hardcore and can't get out of Act II without dying. :)
Granted, I don't only equip what drops and refuse to use the Auction House, but still ...

But the fact that there are about two dozen houses in Act I, and well over 300 bodies lying about has always kind of bothered me. So I decided to try to figure out just how many dead villagers there are. Turns out you'd need to have each "family" have about 14.1 people just to account for all the dead villagers. That's not counting the live ones we see in town, thats only the dead ones.
Reply Quote
I love dead villagers! I've looted a fair share of Legendaries off their corpses. If anything, we need more of them, never mind that New Tristram is unable to satisfy their requirements for housing facilities.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think this is rather interesting and am glad you put it together. I didn’t notice the house-to-people ratio in Diablo III right away, but I would say that generally the fantasy genre usually has strange environment-to-actor ratios. As long as you’re enjoying your Tristram census, I wouldn’t worry about how you spend your time in Diablo III. (Though, it might be another story if you did something like a machinima series of CSI-style investigations into each one of their deaths. :P)
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is rather interesting and am glad you put it together. I didn’t notice the house-to-people ratio in Diablo III right away, but I would say that generally the fantasy genre usually has strange environment-to-actor ratios. As long as you’re enjoying your Tristram census, I wouldn’t worry about how you spend your time in Diablo III. (Though, it might be another story if you did something like a machinima series of CSI-style investigations into each one of their deaths. :P)

Don't tempt him, he just might do it :S
Reply Quote

Weeing Hollow: 13

I lol'd
Reply Quote
I feel a little less OCD about my notebook full of data on legendaries now.
Oddly, interesting post.
Reply Quote
Wait...
Cemetery of the Forsaken: 1

So the actual cemetary has the LEAST amount of corpses?
Wtf? o.0
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Fatality

Don't tempt him, he just might do it :S

LOL

At least he find it interesting.
Like how other loves opening chest and corpses for loots :p
Reply Quote
hey i might add let follower be a part of the public game like diablo 2 and allow 5 player not four so if we wanted all the five dif classes in thesame game it would be really fun it just a sugestion but pls do it :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]