Diablo® III

So, how many dead villagers are there?

11/19/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is rather interesting and am glad you put it together. I didn’t notice the house-to-people ratio in Diablo III right away, but I would say that generally the fantasy genre usually has strange environment-to-actor ratios. As long as you’re enjoying your Tristram census, I wouldn’t worry about how you spend your time in Diablo III. (Though, it might be another story if you did something like a machinima series of CSI-style investigations into each one of their deaths. :P)

...... I could do one or two, but I don't have enough time to do all 354. ;)
Not to mention I've never put together anything with machinima before.

Oh, and out of all the posts I make regarding actual game balance without any feedback; this is the one I get a blue response too?
Reply Quote
Wait...
Cemetery of the Forsaken: 1

So the actual cemetary has the LEAST amount of corpses?
Wtf? o.0

So there are dead villagers who raise from the dead as zombies. Soldiers kill some of the zombies properly so they go back to being dead where you eventually find them and loot their corpses. Mystery solved.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I think this is rather interesting and am glad you put it together. I didn’t notice the house-to-people ratio in Diablo III right away, but I would say that generally the fantasy genre usually has strange environment-to-actor ratios. As long as you’re enjoying your Tristram census, I wouldn’t worry about how you spend your time in Diablo III. (Though, it might be another story if you did something like a machinima series of CSI-style investigations into each one of their deaths. :P)

Off topic, but interesting that you mentioned machinima. I've always wanted to use D3 as a video project, but feared that running programs that can play with the game's camera will get me banned.

There was a phenomenal machinima program that was public until the developer shut it down because he feared getting people's accounts banned. If it can be cleared up that playing with the game's camera solely for artistic pursuits is allowed, oh my, I will jump right into the project...
Reply Quote
Some are there because of the Necromancers that needed blood for their creations :)
Reply Quote
Colt, Blizzard not responding isn't the same thing as them not knowing there is a problem. A topic like this can be answered easily without needing to talk to several different departments and having to face a potential backlash or additional questioning with an expectation of answers. I can assure you they're paying a lot more attention to those topics and the issues they themselves see, than to something like this.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
11/19/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Hotshot
Colt, Blizzard not responding isn't the same thing as them not knowing there is a problem. A topic like this can be answered easily without needing to talk to several different departments and having to face a potential backlash or additional questioning with an expectation of answers. I can assure you they're paying a lot more attention to those topics and the issues they themselves see, than to something like this.
Reply Quote

It's a shame really. This detail wasn't overlooked in Diablo 1. But now it's just a "meh, it is what it is"
I know, I know. It's a corpse to house ratio. Big deal right? It's more or less the response you get from the situation, as apposed to the situation itself.
Reply Quote
Blizzard not responding isn't the same thing as them not knowing there is a problem

While i do believe you on that they are already aware of it, that just make it worse for me to bear because they are avoiding giving any sort of communication on the work in progress status or any staight answer. In fact i would be glad to just hear " We are working on it, stay put " or " We already have sent all of your concerns on this thread to the developers"

I can assure you they're paying a lot more attention to those topics and the issues they themselves see, than to something like this.

Its not called a solution if its not done fast. The passive attitude and responding to Tristam census/Halloween threads wont get us anwhere near of a solution either.

bot -> ┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ︵ ┻━┻ <---- Blizzard
Edited by Colt#2370 on 11/19/2012 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
wow.. a corpse counter, lol. Epic!
Reply Quote
Wait...
Cemetery of the Forsaken: 1

So the actual cemetary has the LEAST amount of corpses?
Wtf? o.0

They all got up.

Then tried to kill you.
Reply Quote
I think this is rather interesting

I think players desperately trying to figure out weather to get a bot, continue playing because people use bots or ignore it is infinitely more interesting.

Is it possible a blue shed some insight on this topic ?

How many dead villagers there are seems to be a complete waste of time and energy to discuss.

Thank you
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/19/2012 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
my goodness.. this is how boring d3 is getting..
Reply Quote
NOT ENOUGH!!!! MUH UH UH UH UHUHAHHAUHA HAUHUH UAHUH UAU!!!! I mean, I'm not exactly sure-
Reply Quote
I find it more disturbing to see the wagon with corpses being burned at the entrance of New Tristram. I have watched it for a long time, and I'm beginning to wonder if New Tristram had a million inhabitants before all hell broke loose...
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Tuna

...... I could do one or two, but I don't have enough time to do all 354. ;)
Not to mention I've never put together anything with machinima before.

Oh, and out of all the posts I make regarding actual game balance without any feedback; this is the one I get a blue response too?

You know, that's how CMs at blizzard roll. Post a topic about game balance, class diversity, pvp, itemization or basically any game mechanics topic and get ignored. Post about useless stuff like cats, number of bodies, which elite affix you'd like to have and BANG, instant blue reply.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Puchi
After Obama or Before Obama?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW

I think players desperately trying to figure out weather to get a bot, continue playing because people use bots or ignore it is infinitely more interesting.

Is it possible a blue shed some insight on this topic ?

How many dead villagers there are seems to be a complete waste of time and energy to discuss.

Thank you

D'ohhhh shut your beaks you old quackers!
Edited by MwagonDriver#1159 on 11/20/2012 2:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
D'ohhhh shut your beaks you old quackers!

This line made me laugh, the topic on wich you used it though im worried about it too.
Reply Quote
I just assumed, since King Leoric's manor was the central seat OF A KINGDOM, that there were others coming in besides those of the areas we actually went to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]