Diablo® III

So, how many dead villagers are there?

Wait...
Cemetery of the Forsaken: 1

So the actual cemetary has the LEAST amount of corpses?
Wtf? o.0

because they were all raised to fight you!!
Reply Quote
^
Edited by Optimo#1882 on 11/28/2012 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okay guys, cool your jets a little.
Yes, I posed the statement that of all the serious threads regarding game issues/balance this was the only blue respone I've gotten (and this includeds Diablo II, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, and Diablo III).
That does not mean that my intentionally light hearted thread about corpse to house ratio was meant to be a jumping point for moderators/employees lack of response on serious game issues.
Honestly, I should have known better; considering how well behaved the members of the Blizzard forums usually are.
So please take this for what it is: A non-serious post by someone who has an uncontrollable tendancy to nit pick certain details. If I had any real skill I'd take up the challenge to make a CSI machinima, but unfortunately my talents do not lie in that direction.

Uhhh, not sure where I'm going with this .... I need a closer ....
Damn, that's lame.
Reply Quote
I don't know if we need more players like me, I play Hardcore and can't get out of Act II without dying. :)
Granted, I don't only equip what drops and refuse to use the Auction House, but still ...

But the fact that there are about two dozen houses in Act I, and well over 300 bodies lying about has always kind of bothered me. So I decided to try to figure out just how many dead villagers there are. Turns out you'd need to have each "family" have about 14.1 people just to account for all the dead villagers. That's not counting the live ones we see in town, thats only the dead ones.

If getting past act 2 is an issue, then stay in act 1 and magic find for a bit.. I find that leaving acts a little above the level you would in core helps new harcore users get going.
Reply Quote
I just find the architecture of the keep in act 3 amazing.

My next home i build is going to have 80k square feet comprised of nothing but 15 square foot closets with multiple entrances/exits.

You know practical and functional.
Edited by Fathomless#1879 on 11/20/2012 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Don't forget about the many houses in Wortham. That might cut your "members per family" number in half.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is rather interesting and am glad you put it together. I didn’t notice the house-to-people ratio in Diablo III right away, but I would say that generally the fantasy genre usually has strange environment-to-actor ratios. As long as you’re enjoying your Tristram census, I wouldn’t worry about how you spend your time in Diablo III. (Though, it might be another story if you did something like a machinima series of CSI-style investigations into each one of their deaths. :P)

ahahahahaha. I'd watch that.
Reply Quote
Quite funny :D
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
Don't forget about the many houses in Wortham. That might cut your "members per family" number in half.

I took them into account, as well as the scattered houses around the various zones like Weeping Hollow and Fields of Misery. If you take into account all the possible random houses that can spawn (like the burning one) it's about 25 or so houses total.
Reply Quote
Somebody explain to me why blues post on this threads and leave the important ones to sink on the forum so they get forgotten.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Rhaovian
Somebody explain to me why blues post on this threads and leave the important ones to sink on the forum so they get forgotten.

Shut up.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Rokit
Shut up.

Mmmm nah, just gonna wait till POE comes up so i leave this mess behind. Meanwhile, have fun trolling me kid
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Rhaovian
Shut up.

Mmmm nah, just gonna wait till POE comes up so i leave this mess behind. Meanwhile, have fun trolling me kid

You do that.
Reply Quote
So the two locations with the most corpses per area are both churches?
Is Blizzard trying to say something about religion? :D
Reply Quote
Given the technological setting of Diablo, there is no indoor plumbing. There is also a curious lack of outhouses in and around the the towns as well.

Therefor I surmise that the locals tend to range far and wide to "do their business" and get waylaid somewhere along their route to have a squat.
Reply Quote
Some villagers corpses are in places that common people should not go, like the Arachnid Caves.

So, or they are unaware strangers or suicidal ones. In this case I take the first option, therefore they don't live nearby!
Reply Quote
Tristrum must be really crowded before all the #@!# happened.
Reply Quote
Haha that's a very interesting census! It's hard for me to believe that what we called "Tristram" is only restricted to that tiny village. There must be scattered villages like that in the areas that we are not allowed to explore.
Reply Quote
and if you find the dungeon that got moved from the northern highlands to the southern highlands - there is a bounty of lootable corpses in there - i believe that dungeon contains the most lootable corpses in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]