Diablo® III

BANS, Please bump!

There have been a lot of rumors flying around about CM wizards getting banned for using macros on their mouses. There aren't any posts explaining whether this was true or not, as they could have been using bots as well. The reason I'm writing this post is to ask the blizzard staff whether using macros through the mouses that blizzard has provided or third party mouses is bannable. As a fellow C/M wizard, my wrists and fingers get sore from constantly hitting 1,2,1,2 left click right click, etc. I also have the fear of developing carpel tunnel. If we could just get a blue post to make things clear, it would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if it is not allowed will the Blizzard store issue refunds to everyone that purchased a D3 Macro Mouse for this specific purpose? Thank you
Reply Quote
If you actually read the thread....it was one wizard and it seems more likely he was banned for AH shenanigans than anything else. If you use a macro that operates at a reasonable speed there is absolutely no way blizzard can tell. If you use it to spam 1-2-3 every 5 ms obvioulsy that is faster than humanly possible. If blizzard was banning people for using simple macros you'd see a lot more people complaining than 1 shady CM wiz
Reply Quote
What would you consider a reasonable rate?
Reply Quote
Just hold down buttons, they go off. Then you also haft to spam mouse clicks, helps.
Reply Quote
I would suspect that they clearly aren't banning people for this because many people have open admitted to using them and they still play. I'd also like to get an official answer on this because I don't even run the spec simply because I fear a huge wave ban where they get rid of alot of people. I think if they were going to comment on this they would have by now.
Reply Quote
They should and probably will update the game so that you don't need macros and the spells are continuous as you hold the keys. That currently doesn't work as you say. You think we would be havin this conversation if it was that easy?
Reply Quote
I'm not talking about that 1 thread specifically, im talking about everyone thats been getting banned. I did read the entire thread and while it does sound like he was into some shady acution house business, it was still unclear. I believe macros should not be banned as they are available to everyone through diablo 3 and third parties. There is no downloading shady programs to get it to run, and you can even use macro mouses for WoW. Please keep bumping, so we can get a blue response
Reply Quote
They aren't going to respond with any "official" response. All they'll say is it "may this" or "may that," all the while beating around the bush.

I have yet to see them post any concrete response to the multitude of posts regarding this question.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Any automation of gameplay is a bannable offense.

This INCLUDES using macros with time delays.

It is a common misconception that these are allowed for use in Blizzard games. However, I can assure you that if you are in frequent use of such macros the chances of your account being scrutinized for botting grow exponentially.
Interesting theory Droth. Its a shame Blizzard wil not come out and officially announce this. Unless you have an official source I'm unaware of?

Blizzards TOS is pretty open ended...
Reply Quote
what Drothvader forgot to mention is if you buy from RMAH you get immunity.
Reply Quote
just bought some gold from blizzard. IMMUNITY!
Reply Quote
So you can get banned from Diablo for using the Diablo 3 mouse.
Edited by s8a8i14#1348 on 11/17/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Be safe and buy diablo 3 mouse

macros 100% legit

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/DiabloSteelSeriesMouse.png
Reply Quote
View profile
Any automation of gameplay is a bannable offense.

This INCLUDES using macros with time delays.

It is a common misconception that these are allowed for use in Blizzard games. However, I can assure you that if you are in frequent use of such macros the chances of your account being scrutinized for botting grow exponentially.

They why are they selling a diablo 3 mouse with automation program and even speak to doing it for diablo 3 in the literature?

I think they just want u using their $70 mouse than third party stuff.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/17/2012 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's 49.99 on Amazon, if anyone's interested.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/17/2012 04:33 PMPosted by s8a8i14
what Drothvader forgot to mention is if you buy from RMAH you get immunity.

lol I've never cant even register cuz they won't take my boost phone number for SMS verification...too ghetto i guess.. anyway been using diablo 3 mouse for months no problemo.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Blizzard representatives stated long ago that having and using the software that can make macros and remap keys itself is not bannable, and will not be actioned. What will be actioned is using either software or hardware set up to perform more than a single action per button press, or that uses a time delay function that is not available via the game client.

The very easy rule to follow is this: If a single button press results in only a single action that is not time delayed in any way, you are fine. If you use a macro to perform more than one action per button press (including "key repeat" if that function is unavailable via the game client), or any kind of time delay, you are violating the ToS and can be infracted for such actions.

Technical Note: For those using macro software or hardware that can perform recorded macros, a "button press" means a single KeyDown and KeyUp signal.

Reply Quote
View profile
"Blizzard representatives stated long ago that having and using the software that can make macros and remap keys itself is not bannable, and will not be actioned. What will be actioned is using either software or hardware set up to perform more than a single action per button press"

lol someone doesnt know what a macro is.

Your statement is same as it's ok to drive but not sit in a car seat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_%28computer_science%29#Keyboard_and_mouse_macros
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Single button press != holding down a button for a long time. Loophole!

But seriously. Nothing in this thread is official, everyone is really just guessing. Use macros at your own risk. Buy a D3 mouse to likely (but perhaps not definitely) lessen said risk.
Edited by Fling#1556 on 11/18/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]