Diablo® III

BANS, Please bump!

There are many many blue confirmations that they don't allow any third-party interference ;/

It is against the TOS to use a macro, Bliz did that so they always win should anything happens. However, if you use that in moderation, they ain't likely to ban anyone. Also as some guys have said above, there is no way they can detect whether you use a third-party unless it injects into the exe file which most don't. Set it at 200ms and you'll be fine.
Edited by Llanite#1798 on 11/18/2012 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
200ms is slow. human 1-2-3 ~80ms ez I tested this back with autohotkey before I got diablo 3 macro mouse and wrote script 1-2-3 ~ 65-120ms randomized.

200ms is also red flag imo. if you're sending key strokes at exactly same intervals that looks automated.

And no man u need to buy diablo 3 mouse man. they even say in manual put several keys on one button for ease in diablo 3. They dont care about macro they just want u using thier mouse to macro.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/DiabloSteelSeriesMouse.png
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
11/18/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Aimless
Your statement is same as it's ok to drive but not sit in a car seat.

More like it's ok to drive in a car as long as you don't go above the speed limit.

They why are they selling a diablo 3 mouse with automation program and even speak to doing it for diablo 3 in the literature?

I think they just want u using their $70 mouse than third party stuff.

You can use the extra buttons to assign actions to them. However, you cannot create a macro with a time delay and expect to never get banned for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954?page=2#30

Here, that's an "official" response.
I knows its not the same game but how come in WOW you can create a macro that uses 1 button to do 3 things? eg:

As a Rogue, you could
/cast Cold Blood
/use 13
/cast Mutilate

And assign the macro to 1 button? This is not classified as Automation.

Isn't the TOS for WoW and Diablo identical regarding this area? Yes the WoW has in built Macro's and Yes the official Diablo mouse has Macros which states :

"Remap all 7 ergonomically placed buttons with predefined skills and commands. Assign macros with easy drag-and-drop functionality to personalize the mouse for your game." Does not say Macros for any game but Diablo 3. This mouse is an Official Blizzard Product

As long as we are not using 1 button to use 3 attacks that could not normally be used together as they all require an attack turn.

I do not understand why Blizzard will just not come out and say YES or NO.
Reply Quote
If you set youre skills up right you only have to spam left click, very lax on the hands.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
As a Rogue, you could
/cast Cold Blood
/use 13
/cast Mutilate

Those are actions that aren't governed by the global cooldown. Secondly, those actions are supported in WoW's interface.

Warcraft 3 had cheat codes. This does not mean that any and all subsequent games have them nor should have them.

11/18/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Aphraell
As long as we are not using 1 button to use 3 attacks that could not normally be used together as they all require an attack turn.

As long as there is not a programmed timedelay.

For example, using a macro to swap your gear is generating up to 13 clicks with one action. Thus, it violates the one click per action rule.

However, creating a "macro" on your mouse that say does SHIFT+1 does NOT violate this rule as you can normally use a shift modifier anyway.

However, if I was to program it to instead to SHIFT+1 > SHIFT+2 this would clearly violate the rules as I am performing 2 actions with one keypress.

The difference between using the WoW interface for macros and using a 3rd party for macros is that Blizzard controls what actions can be performed when pressing the button. Casting more than one action that requires a global cooldown is possible, but you MUST press the button twice.

For example.

/use 13
/castsequence Wrath, Starfire

This is multiple actions performed across multiple keypresses. Thus it is a legitimate way to use WoW's Macro Interface.

Diablo 3 offers no such functionality. Therefore, any modifications outside of the game to change the way the game operates is against the rules.

I'm not tryng to argue at all and say anyone is right or wrong. Just why can't Blizzard respond directly and give a straight answer.

You have closer contact to Blizz than the average gamer. Is it possible for them to pick 1 of the dozen macro posts and give a straight forward reply.

Alot of people are using macro's and I'm sure they would stop if the were told "offically" it is against the TOS. Noones wants to lose their account.

I read your Link for the official response. Its not very clear and it ends the post with:

"Locking this thread as it doesn't have anything to do with having a technical issue with the game. I suggest you ask or post in the General Discussion forum for more information regarding macro devices/applications and whether their use is acceptable and allowed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ "

So in fact he didn't give an official answer. Except to ask further.
Reply Quote

This INCLUDES using macros with time delays.

haha..."catch 22." Drothvader is saying you cm/ww wizards need make your macros with no time delay, so they spam 1000 key strokes a second, and make warden go bat*** crazy.

Its your vain attempt to simulate humanity, with those 25ms delays that will definitely lead to banning if detected. Pick your poison.
Reply Quote
View profile
Your statement is same as it's ok to drive but not sit in a car seat.

More like it's ok to drive in a car as long as you don't go above the speed limit.

They why are they selling a diablo 3 mouse with automation program and even speak to doing it for diablo 3 in the literature?

I think they just want u using their $70 mouse than third party stuff.

You can use the extra buttons to assign actions to them. However, you cannot create a macro with a time delay and expect to never get banned for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954?page=2#30

Here, that's an "official" response.

Sure u can it even says so in d3 mouse literature and on web site,

" Assign macros with easy drag-and-drop functionality to personalize the mouse for your game."

definition of macro IS a sequence of keys.

I looked at that blue post macro not mentioned whats the point of link?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
What are you trying to achieve with your macro?

I can further walk you through whether or not it would be "appropriate"

It's a simple rule. One action per keypress. I do not understand why it needs to be further elaborated? Perhaps you can tell me?

If you ever have to ask yourself "Will I get banned for this" chances are you likely will.
Diamond Skin - non attack turn
Explosive Blast - non attack turn
Frost Nova - attack turn

Theres alot of CM wizards and they are 3 of the 4 main abilities with Wick Wind being the 4th. So you can actually hit the 3 buttons at the same time with them all being cast.

With this being 1 of the top 2 effective builds and the need to spam in constantly. It doesn't take long to get cramp or sore fingers. Let alone the wear and tear to the keyboard.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 11/18/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not tryng to argue at all and say anyone is right or wrong. Just why can't Blizzard respond directly and give a straight answer.

Because Blizz's solution will be to ultimately nerf / revamp this spec. The solution cannot be allowing macros. It would be hard to draw a clear line on the types of automation allowed, and more importantly caving to this pressure would be acknowledging there is a health concern to playing a cm/ww wizard without macros.

If you allow wizards to use macros for health reasons, what about little Timmy, who doesn't have a fancy mouse or know how to program macros, and 2-3 years from now develops carpal tunnel or arthritis and can't hold his pencil at school because he only tried to emulate what he saw on youtube, banging his keys a super humanly 6x a second. There's liability to consider.

Blizz's response will not be to allow macros. It will be to change the spec, so that macros aren't needed. And they will probably ignore these threads until that happens, b/c replying would be acknowledging they've taken notice of the problem -- but have yet to act.
Reply Quote
View profile
What are you trying to achieve with your macro?

I can further walk you through whether or not it would be "appropriate"

It's a simple rule. One action per keypress. I do not understand why it needs to be further elaborated? Perhaps you can tell me?

If you ever have to ask yourself "Will I get banned for this" chances are you likely will.

A macro is to achieve a sequence of keystrokes.

I don't ask myself if I'll get banned for using their mouse advertizing setting up macros for diablo 3 and instructing me how to. In the clear.

Thats why I bought thier mouse even though I wrote a fantastic time randomized script for auto hot key. I did ask there due to third party software interfacing with their game.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Diamond Skin - non attack turn
Explosive Blast - non attack turn
Frost Nova - attack turn

Theres alot of CM wizards and they are 3 of the 4 main abilities with Wick Wind being the 4th.

And what would be different than pounding 1, 2, and 3 at the same time on your keyboard?

Are you programming a time delay? If not, then you're likely not in violation of any rules. If you ARE in fact using a time delay then you are in violation.

It is NO different than hitting all 3 buttons at the same time. Therefore, such use is not actionable.

It's really simple, if your macro pauses for any period of time, or presses keys in a sequence rather than at the same time, you're in violation of the Terms of Service.

As a mouse cannot naturally click in 13 places at the same time, this is considered automation. However, since your hand NATURALLY can press 1+2+3 this is considered a legitimate action.

Stop looking for logic or consistency. Bottom line, blizz can nuke your account for any reason, at any time, without having to tell you why.

You really think they care about adhering to some strict letter of the law kind of thing? Why should they? It isn't like you can take them to court over any of it.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Drothvader
Are you programming a time delay? If not, then you're likely not in violation of any rules. If you ARE in fact using a time delay then you are in violation.

Thats the issue. Yes I have, Ihave it looped (better not get banned coming forward lol).

After a while I found I could hold down my 123 keys down and whenever I hit left click it would refresh the timers on 123 letting them be cast again. So why not use a macro to do the same.

I play 1 handed alot as I'm nursing a 6month old alot(yes bad parenting, but future customer). I get invited to alot of groups but don't join as I can't pause them game with kids around without being detrimental to the group.

So I macro.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
11/18/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Aphraell

Thats the issue. Yes I have, Ihave it looped (better not get banned coming forward lol).

After a while I found I could hold down my 123 keys down and whenever I hit left click it would refresh the timers on 123 letting them be cast again. So why not use a macro to do the same.

I play 1 handed alot as I'm nursing a 6month old alot(yes bad parenting, but future customer). I get invited to alot of groups but don't join as I can't pause them game with kids around without being detrimental to the group.

So I macro.

By "looped" as you so call it you mean it acts as a rapid keystroke.

Since you are not letting up you are automating gameplay. Per the ToS / EULA, Automation is against the rules.

Therefore, you are in violation of the rules.

Now if you wanted to go for the earlier suggestion and map 1, 2, and 3 to the same button, but press it repeatedly, you are not really breaking a rule by doing so.

Now I refer you back to my original link. As long as you are NOT Automating gameplay you are fine.

The EULA is up for interpretation to prevent loopholes. If they were to come out and state everything you can and cannot do, if anything is excluded then it cannot be actioned against.

This is why the EULA is so vague. You will not get a response from Blizzard for this reason.
View profile

Stop looking for logic or consistency. Bottom line, blizz can nuke your account for any reason, at any time, without having to tell you why.

You really think they care about adhering to some strict letter of the law kind of thing? Why should they? It isn't like you can take them to court over any of it.

Sure they can ban us - they are lawyered up and you clicked your rights away 100%. But not your right to sue, u can sue em. You can sue anyone for anything FYI.
Reply Quote
LOL droth.

You misunderstand the purpose of the EULA/TOS (and not just blizz's TOS).

The purpose of the EULA (any EULA) is to make EVERYTHING a potential violation, even when it isn't.

There is no tool more powerful than selective enforcement. Make every rule vague, and you can ban for any reason you want.

See it equivalent to the "we have the right to refuse service to anyone" sign hanging outside a B&M store.

Watching people here pretend they are lawyers interpreting some objective, conclusive arcane legal point makes me laugh.
Edited by nyet#1878 on 11/18/2012 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]