Diablo® III

1-Million Budget Wiz PARTII + Video

Hey Everyone,

So to hang my boredom a bit with the grind, I took about an hour to make another challenge to myself. I wanted to STRETCH my million even farther then I did last time.
I want this to be more of an informative gearing guide to show how I go about gearing with a limited budget and what I would do carrying forward.

Here is my previous 1-million gold cm/ww wizard thread.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005433322?page=1

*****VIDEO ******

http://youtu.be/UTSV2DVmKMQ

Same stipulations:

Only gems that can be found were used

Gear was purchased through GAH

Nothing found was used

I am however level 84 paragon, this factors into 252 INT and 2940 hp. You can subtract that from the total from my wizard and judge for yourself the results.

Here are the results from my gearing, all stats are UNBUFFED:

35k HP
39k DPS
2.38 APS
37% CC
5000 Armor
490-630 AR
400 LOH
29 APOC
24 MS <-- !

Total cost? --> 997k

Gearing details:

BODY

Shoulders = 40k
Focused on armor/INT/VIT/all resistance in this spot. The STR affix is welcome as well.

Glove = 30k
Looked for MAX IAS/CC as possible. INT on top of course is icing along with any other stat you can afford.

Helm = 67k
IMO, a storm crow is a NO BRAINER for helm slot. ESP @ lower attack speeds/CC %. I farted around with an andy's visage to reach 2.51 APS. But The loss of the LOH and APOC was definately noticable, and even with mitigation NOT viable. The DPS is artifical and pointless. Storm crow all the way in this slot.

Chest = 5k
Same as shoulder.

Pants = 25k
Same as shoulder, can roll higher armor ratings, so I definately looked for as high as I could afford and also STR affix was welcome.

Belt = 50k
Same as pants, can roll very good STR. This helped a lot with my armor stat

Boots = 20k
Primary looked for MS/AR/INT. I guess I was lucky and found some decent migitation boots with ARMOR and STR to boot.

Bracers = 99k
*Flame suit* Ok so I went with Lacuni's here. Yes they blow without CC and are barely usable even with CC. But I wanted to reach the 2.31 breakpoint for this gear set and this was the only thing within budget to put me over the top. The mitigation I got from it is decent, but I'm really missing the CC a normal bracer can provide. This was entirely a budget decision to hit make break point and my overall CC is bare bare minimum for build functionality. 24% MS works too :)

JEWELERY

Ring 1 = 200k
Max IAS/CC rings not cheap.

Ring 2 = 100k
Same.

Amulet = 150k
Look for Max IAS/CC I can afford. Armor was a nice bonus here.

WEAPON/OH

Wand = 100k
This took me the most time. I had no doubt I was looking for a 1.65 wand. Anything else is not going to cut it for me to make break. It was actually pretty tough finding a decent DPS wand for cheap with some decent stats to go with it. I think I did pretty good here and pretty happy with the wand I found. Chant's wand is no brainer.

OH = 135k
I think this was my splurge purchase. I definately could have went with a rare source, but the juicy teleport reduction and high damage/INT roll/socket was too juicy. Also 9.5CC and 10 APOC was the kicker. A rare source will do dandy in this spot if on a tighter budget.

Things I would change?:

Moving forward I would definately address critical chance. I need more of it. This can be done through ring upgrades/CC storm crow and of course CC bracers. Intermediate upgrades for body pieces are good to boaster defenses and add some INT for DPS.

Losing the lacuni's is the obvious way to go. But to meet break, I would need to afford a tal rasha chest. That would be my next upgrade with this setup. A 6CC bracer for cheap will put this setup at 43% and with a tal rasha chest, still 2.38 APS, that will improve the functionality 10 fold. Throw in a cheap storm crow and were at 46%. Laughing now.

Mid stage upgrades would include a IAS chants (NO APOC), cheap witching hour, and IAS wand. These upgrades will break you up to 2.74APS territory.

With that said, the jewellery is very "budget" and will need to be upgraded for more DPS as well as the glove for more DPS. INT overall is lacking, but it was the best I can do on such a constricted budget. I choose mitigation first, DPS will come later.

Important pointer:

Please whoever is gearing a CM/WW wiz, PLEASE don't cheap out and make sure you get LOH. Even the LOH from just the storm crow is enough to keep you alive @ mp3. Moving into higher MPs you will need more of everything to keep alive. This is very important, and later on might be more important then AR/armor IMO !

Also, keep that CC up, my 37% is not recommended at anything below the 2.31APS break point. I was having trouble getting the windup going with these stats, but once going it was full steam ahead. Single targets might be an issue @ this level.

Conclusion

I would probably say MP3 is viable for this build, judge for yourselves from the video. It is still pretty impressive what the cm/ww wizard can do. For max efficiency, I was walking around in MP2 with no issues.

As always please ask any questions/comments/concerns.

Thanks for reading appreciate it =)
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 11/19/2012 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good write up.

Certainly shows the gear pathway and progressions
Reply Quote
I love stuff like this thanks. I would have got the cheapest ias chants u could find however and -lacuni ofc for some good bracers with AR armor and CC. This would have improved IAS since ias chants is two ias slots on your body and given like 4 CC all improving build function a tad and mitgation. But great work.

Lacuni's dont even belong on a budget wiz sorry.:P
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/19/2012 2:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love stuff like this thanks. I would have got the cheapest ias chants u could find however and -lacuni ofc for some good bracers with AR armor and CC. This would have improved IAS since ias chants is two ias slots on your body and given like 4 CC all improving build function a tad and mitgation. But great work.

IAS chant's start off in the millions, so this is even more budget then that! Can't afford. If I Could then that would have make it a heck of a lot easier !

VIDEO IS UP ! Enjoy!
Reply Quote
I just inadvertently almost just did this myself. Although I did borrow rings from WD, I recycled gems, and I found Tal Rasha's helm the other day. Other than that, I spent 915k and my Wizard's unbuffed stats are:

35k HP
50k DPS
1.47 APS
54% CC
3345 Armor
700-840 AR
300 LOH
20 APOC
0 MS

I've never really played Wiz before so it kinda shows since my stats aren't as balanced as yours XD Its a great example for new players though how easy it really is to get going once you hit 60.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 11/19/2012 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just inadvertently almost just did this myself. Although I did borrow rings from WD, I recycled gems, and I found Tal Rasha's helm the other day. Other than that, I spent 915k and my Wizard's unbuffed stats are:

35k HP
50k DPS
1.47 APS
54% CC
3345 Armor
700-840 AR
300 LOH
20 APOC
0 MS

I've never really played Wiz before so it kinda shows since my stats aren't as balanced as yours XD Its a great example for new players though how easy it really is to get going once you hit 60.

Nice!

The big difference is here is that you need the attack speed to make this build work ! And @ 1.47 APS its not going to work unfortunately. Nice CC % though I'd take that anyday!
Reply Quote
Seems to be so far, just tried a3 on mp3 and was blowing through elites solo in a 4 player game lol. Biggest issue was so little LS and LOH, but I do have like 20k life on globe/pot so as long as I kill quick enough should be alright :D
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:25 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
Seems to be so far, just tried a3 on mp3 and was blowing through elites solo in a 4 player game lol. Biggest issue was so little LS and LOH, but I do have like 20k life on globe/pot so as long as I kill quick enough should be alright :D

You definately need more attack speed since 300 LOH is not too bad @ higher speeds. LOH works off ticks not CC procs. So definately bump up that IAS and you'll be in decent shape.
Reply Quote

IAS chant's start off in the millions, so this is even more budget then that! Can't afford. If I Could then that would have make it a heck of a lot easier !

VIDEO IS UP ! Enjoy!

Oh okay I havnt been able to play/ah cuz school work so didnt know it was that expensive. Conversely surprised how cheap ias/cc rings are! Thanks for video!

edit where is video? lol tried to watch can't find it.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/19/2012 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

VIDEO IS UP ! Enjoy!

Oh okay I havnt been able to play/ah cuz school work so didnt know it was that expensive. Conversely surprised how cheap ias/cc rings are! Thanks for video!

edit where is video? lol tried to watch can't find it.

Added you as friend btw, aim.

DOH! I linked the thread instead of video

Sorry folks here are the goodies !!

************************VIDEO*****************************

http://youtu.be/UTSV2DVmKMQ
Reply Quote
+1 great budget build!
Reply Quote
Also will to sell off to a lucky wizard for its market price of 997k

:)

Just wanted to show what 1m can do and that the first time was no fluke
Reply Quote
marked for later
Reply Quote
pfft thats nothing, i can kill azmodan mp10 in 10secs with my wiz..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aw3s0m0-6502/hero/16540298

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNKZPWiJPyM
Reply Quote
PFFF !!

Any fresh wizzies want this bad boy ?!?!?!
Reply Quote
Wow this is quite impressive... I may be interested.
Reply Quote
So does Energy twister hit more with a higher AS? Just wondering because always thought AS only affected how fast your weapon could attack. Shows how much I really pay attention.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:35 AMPosted by temros2000
So does Energy twister hit more with a higher AS? Just wondering because always thought AS only affected how fast your weapon could attack. Shows how much I really pay attention.

It doesn't hit more.

But with more AS, you can cast MORE twisters to hit MORE.

Makes sense?
Reply Quote
no boozer it hits more thats what break point are all about.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Aimless
no boozer it hits more thats what break point are all about.

because theres more of them ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]