Diablo® III

Bots do not make Blizzard money

11/19/2012 04:53 PMPosted by brotatoes
Hey, you know for a bot to operate, they need an account? So buying a Diablo 3 account costs $60? HURRRRRRRRR??

Harsh, but it's true. It's not uncommon for botters to buy dozens of new diablo3 game to gold farm. Blizzard makes a profit not only from new game bought but the gold they sell.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
These arguments about how bots make Bliz money because they need accounts miss the point. The point is, people consistently make the argument that it's in Blizzard's best interest to leave botters unbanned because of RMAH sales. This argument makes no sense. Botters increase the supply, not the demand, and the RMAH is limited by demand.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:58 PMPosted by theodore
RMAH provides a safe and convenient environment for bots to sell gold and items. Blizzard effectively eliminated the need for botters and players alike to use third-party websites to sell gold and items.

^
Reply Quote
Provide me with one shred of proof that AH bots exist --- Just one Actual piece of factual evidence that it exists....because there is none.
Reply Quote
Notwithstanding all of the other points made here, I simply say this:

The cheaper items are on the RMAH, the more money Blizzard makes.

Assume that total amount of money being fed into the RMAH is the same, $1,000,000 USD per day and you have two scenarios:

1. 1000 items sold at 100 USD each. Blizz profit = 151000 USD
2. 500,000 items sold at 2.00 USD each. Blizz profit = 650000 USD

BLizz profit increase by 500% in that example.

While your math is correct, you can't simply rely on math to create an example profit margin based on $$ spent per day on RMAH.

You cannot ignore supply & demand. Yes, it's almost impossible for you to fit that into your example...but if the price of everything drops significantly - why would 500,000 items be sold for $2.00?

What I'm trying to say is, hardly anyone would be buying items for $2.00 when chances are you can probably get that same item from the GAH for under 1M.

When it comes down to it, Blizzard definitely isn't using the RMAH as a solid revenue stream. Seriously, they are a billion dollar corporation (Activision own them, so that statement is true) - customer service and reputation is MUCH more vital to them.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Kayaan
This argument makes no sense. Botters increase the supply, not the demand, and the RMAH is limited by demand.

I think it would be more accurate to say that botters manipulate the supply. To this day gold finding gear with radius is still relatively expensive and quickly bought out by gold farming bots. Botters are notorious known for buying out premium items in the gold auction house and then flipping them real money auction house. Of course people who have the ability to dupe or farm 27/4 across dozens of accounts will have an advantage.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Swiftkill
Provide me with one shred of proof that AH bots exist --- Just one Actual piece of factual evidence that it exists....because there is none.

...There are websites that literally sell, Gold farming bots, Item Swapping Marcos, and AH bots. I'm not going to post them because that's a no no, but you can google it. Cheating bots bad.

Blizzard also just recently sued a German Bot maker. So...if these bots didn't exist. How was Blizzard able to sue their "makers?"

http://d3.gameguyz.com/node/2598.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/64485655
Edited by pkthebird#1549 on 11/19/2012 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]