Diablo® III

300,000 DPS Wizard gets owned

I have spent so many hours building my wizard, fights every night with my wife, farming like a champion 8 hours a day, trading, power running and yet still get dominated by reflect. It just does not feel right the amount of time I have put in. I will not go 2 hander cause a wizard does not play that game.
Reply Quote
U know when I look at your profile, firstly, I look at your weapon. No LS, nuff said.

Not to mention All resist and armor super low. Go 200k DPS and make everything more balance. There's no shortcut bro. You want a high DPS broken wizard or a balanced wizard ?

And build... u run shocking aspect with archon as a core... O_o I have no idea man, u need to read more threads in this forum X_X
Edited by Inspy#2854 on 11/17/2012 3:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
No LS. Sorry man. DPS is nice, but I think life steal on my Chantodos is much better than whatever crazy high crit damage.

Becouse I can do MP10 very comfortly, and I know that it's just becouse of that little life steal.
Reply Quote
Man, I hear you. Just tryin to go all out on the attack
Reply Quote
Reflect is off the charrts on a wizard
Reply Quote
This is just what I have come up with, starting to read more threads but still out of the game
Reply Quote
View profile
U know when I look at your profile, firstly, I look at your weapon. No LS, nuff said.

Not to mention All resist and armor super low. Go 200k DPS and make everything more balance. There's no shortcut bro. You want a high DPS broken wizard or a balanced wizard ?

And build... u run shocking aspect with archon as a core... O_o I have no idea man, u need to read more threads in this forum X_X

^
Reply Quote
View profile
With LS u can fight whatever, Siegebreaker has reflect too, it's a shame that Chantodos wand cannot roll both LS and crit damage. World of sanctuary is not perfect. :-P
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 11/17/2012 4:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's simply a matter of armor/resist and LoH. That's with CM build, in other cases LS is probably the way to go. Unlike barbs though, us wizards are forced to get it on a weapon.. Speaking of that, where is our LS passive?!
Reply Quote
You need 2 weapons, you need your OS chants and a life steal chants that you use for reflect mobs. You don't have to have only one weapon.
Reply Quote
turn blur on and if that doesn't cut it, get a source of ls.
Edited by ilsamsamchil#1839 on 11/17/2012 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
no lifesteal on weapon ,no bloodmagic? srsly man, where have u been spending ur $ onto?
Reply Quote
NO LIFESTEAL
Reply Quote
View profile
He already wrote that he aimed for max DPS.

Transformation will be easy - just LS weapon.

But still, more work on armor etc. is needed.
Reply Quote
sell gear
roll barb
profit
Reply Quote
regress to progress, op. that's what i'm doing now after i got......addicted to attack speed, overlooking my hp/ar/armor/everything. pretty sad if you ask me.
Reply Quote
Change Force Weapon to Blood Magic

Change Glass Cannon to anything Not Glass Cannon.

You will have a much better time, remember glass cannon is increasing your RD twice, once for the damage buff you get, and once for the increased damage you take.
Reply Quote
Your problem (like lots of other people have said) is that the only mitigation you're running is about 600 loh with around 300k dps, so when you tear into a reflect mob you're effectively nuking yourself, especially on higher mp levels. Life steal would be so much better for you. Barring that, you're looking at having to sub in diamond skin which isn't even useful when you're in archon mode.
Reply Quote
Change Force Weapon to Blood Magic

Change Glass Cannon to anything Not Glass Cannon.

You will have a much better time, remember glass cannon is increasing your RD twice, once for the damage buff you get, and once for the increased damage you take.

Keep glass cannon, it is good damage. He's an archon, he should drop shocking aspect for pinpoint barrier or some other energy armor rune.

Blood magic is of course great, but mainly he just needs a LL weapon. Clearly he can afford one. It is like he tried to build the character that would get raped the hardest by reflect, and then complained when he did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]