Diablo® III

Highest damage single-target Hatred dump?

90 Night Elf Warrior
Is it Spike Trap: Echoing Blast or Cluster Arrow: Cluster Bombs or Loaded for Bear?

Maybe Impale or Rapid Fire?

I'd like to hear some opinions as well as the hard math if anyone has done it
Reply Quote
gotta be echoing blast... even running grenadier w/ tinkerer rune, bat and vengeance for the +hatred, i find myself running out of hatred when i'm bombing away with loaded for bear. every time i try and run the build i end up kiting... i rarely have to kite running thunderball w/ echoing blast, and with the spike traps i notice things dying soooooo fast on mp5-6 it feels ridiculous.. loving the build ATM
Reply Quote
rapid fire + rocket rune

it's not very viable to use though, i've tried
Reply Quote
Highest damage per hatred or per second? Two very different things.

Echoing Blast for dph.
Cluster Bombs for burst dps.
RF w/Rockets for sustained dps.
Reply Quote
I can launch a cluster bomb for 1120% dmg every .75 sec, indefinitely.

Echoing blast takes 3.2 sec for 825%

So hands down, cluster bomb for me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Cluster arrow, no contest

work out hatred regeneration, something extreme like: grenadier + vengeance +bat + mortal enemy + cost reduction + tinkerer

or just get good with punishment and good disc usage

all of that isn't needed but it illustrates the point, you can produce Cluster damage at a rate most DH's will never see.
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/17/2012 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
depends... if your target is standing still, if your target is chasing you or others, if your target is large or small...

yes, i'm sure u regen 40 hatred/sec >_>

if we wanna use bad logic, then why don't you say you use custom engineering, and lay down 6 echoing blast traps that are consistently up, doing 4950% dmg/sec ???
Reply Quote
depends... if your target is standing still, if your target is chasing you or others, if your target is large or small...

yes, i'm sure u regen 40 hatred/sec >_>

lol. With my current gear cluster arrow cost is 30. I have 3.17 aps. tinkerer = 8 hate per attack. 8 x 3.17 aps = 25.36 hate/sec. Bat + hatred regen = 5.65 hate/sec. Total hate generated in 1 sec = 31.01. that would let me launch one cluster bomb every second. I can get it down to even less if I choose to swap out some other gear.

if we wanna use bad logic, then why don't you say you use custom engineering, and lay down 6 echoing blast traps that are consistently up, doing 4950% dmg/sec ???

Use a little bit of common sense here. If cluster bomb cost = echoing blast, how is it possible that echoing blast can do more damage given the same hatred regen rate and hatred pool for both?
Reply Quote
I think Impale+Grievous wounds (with enough cc) can deal a dmg or two around
Edited by Neo#1863 on 11/17/2012 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd say spike trap if you have +spike trap damage. I'm at +22% and a single crit seems like huge damage (1.4m w marked for death), but I'd have to test, havnt used cluster bombs in a while

o/
Reply Quote
echoing blast with mortal enemy = GG
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Echos cannot scale with APS; even if you had infinite hatred it is static 771%/sec with the fuse timers

a near perfect echo build is a conveyor belt placing an echos every 1.07 seconds
= 29 hatred a sec
tinkerer + grenadier + a few other regen tricks and a -cost item is perfectly setup to allow cluster arrow to approach 1 APS in between launching grenades

you prob wont be able to break 3 million/sec with echo like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smCf_d5JiPs

cluster arrow is the only way to do this since it allows you to approach 13x your paper DPS

you will never go above x10 using echo
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/18/2012 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
you still need a special build to dump cluster like that. I LOVE bombs, even tried going back to them in my speed runs, but the extra hatred just to cast vs one spike trap kinda breaks it for me (no hatred generator in my build).

if you could have half-cost for "half cluster bombs",..that'd be awesome ;) (check to see if 50 hatred avail- no -> check to see if 25hatred avail- yes? spam 2 bomblets instead of 5)
Edited by Veritech#1882 on 11/18/2012 5:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Spike Trap - EB only delivers its full potential against targets that stand still or ones that move and return to the same spot. This just doesn't happen that often. I use the Scatter rune that hits a target once if its stationary, more than once if it moves, or it hits multiple targets. I use Loaded for Bear if I want to deal a single massive blow.
Reply Quote
Won't Cluster Bombs deal only exceptional damage when the enemies are big?

That should also be a factor.

If its a SINGLE use of a HATRED SPENDER. I'd go with Sentry. It lasts 30seconds anyways :))

Just kidding ;)
I'd go with Cluster still though, or RF-Bombardment(Rocket doesn't scale with APS). Then there's Echoing and Strafe-Stinging.

Chakram? -10 Cost and is APS reliant might dish out nice damage.
Reply Quote
well its easier to get all the bomblets to hit a big target, but after some practice it isnt that hard.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Monsta
well its easier to get all the bomblets to hit a big target, but after some practice it isnt that hard.

I'm guessing.. the monster has to move away from you to get all those bomblets to hit?

Or a way to juke the enemy.. Like.. its going towards you, you use Cluster then Vault towards the monster? ;)
Reply Quote
people not taking into account the + to spike trap damage on gear?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Jars
yes, or no

14% chest + 12% mara + 11% skull +12% soj = 49%
771% * 1.49 = 11.48%

it's probably more consistent than cluster, and I forgot it was so much higher than only 14% on chest armor
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/18/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Korba
yes, or no

14% chest + 12% mara + 11% skull +12% soj = 49%
771% * 1.49 = 11.48%

it's probably more consistent than cluster, and I forgot it was so much higher than only 14% on chest armor

what if you used custom engineering and had 6 spiketraps? :O! Then attack speed would matter afterall :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]