Diablo® III

Shift + Holding Click Not Triggering Procs

I recently obtained a Storm Crow and a Hellfire ring for my wizard, and I notice that when I hold shift and hold left click to shoot my forked lightning (and just move my mouse to have the lightning follow the cursor), it will never proc the fireball from the helm or ring other than from the initial cast. If I hold shift and left click repeatedly, it will proc both items regularly. Can someone please look into this or explain that it's known and isn't a bug? If this isn't a bug - bummer. Holding shift+left click is such a finger-friendly way of casting electrocute.
Reply Quote
It's not a bug. It's the difference between "when attacking" and "on hit."
Edited by Shelendil#1520 on 11/17/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Doh. Thanks.
Reply Quote
This may not be a bug, but it's extremely annoying and should be re-considered by Blizzard, because it's very, very user unfriendly. I just searched for a built-in option in the Logitech Control Center (yes, it's a Mac here) and there is NO way, to set a mouse click to a behaviour, that by holding the mouse button, it should fire repeatedly click-and-release-events.

Really, this can not be their intention after all the hustle to get such fine items...
Reply Quote
Channeled spells do proc the ring only on initial cast!
Most commonly used wizards skills fall into that category.
eg: Archon Beam, Desintegrate etc.
Maybe forked lightning is considered vhanneled too, if so its another kick in the wizards face
However you can proc the ring if you spamclick channeled spells but then your spell wont do the dmg it could do.
Edited by Garfield#2226 on 11/24/2012 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, I'm using Electrocute with the Lightning Blast rune and I definitely do NOT cast the Storm Crow's Arcane Orb OR the Hellfire Ring's Fireball, if I hold down the mouse. I need to click it permanently now.

It's just another thing (one of many), where it seems, that the folks at Blizzard just don't think about some things. At least, they should mention such a thing within the game somewhere (the difference about channeled spells and others).

But I assume they want every player to visit the forum instead. Saves a LOT of money, to let the players find bugs or strange things, which I find quite disgusting in my personal opinion, not to mention the problems with balancing.. but that's far too off-topic now =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]